Chloe Chloe (EDP)

Chloe Chloe (EDP)

4.2

on 6/10/2016 9:30:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I just deleted my original negative review from Jan 2013 (I called it bug spray) -- and am completely rewriting it below -- because now -- finally -- I really enjoy Chloe EDP and am wearing my little 1oz bottle quite frequently, including today.

I loved the original 1975 Chloe (still have a bottle), but It took me several years to finally appreciate the new 2007 Chloe EDP. At first, I thought it was sharp, piercing, shrill, and screechy. If it hadn't been so popular and highly rated, I wouldn't have even tried to like it -- but I sort of worked at it (same with J'adore, which I finally really like now also).

Chloe EDP launched in 2007, and below are the notes, per parfumo.net:

Top Notes - Freesia, Lychee, Peony
Heart Notes - Magnolia, Lily-of-the-valley, Rose
Base Notes - Amber, Cedarwood

When I first tried this, I was absolutely horrified and couldn't believe the high ratings -- I thought it was a sharp screechy mess of a cleaning product scent -- but now I'm loving it.

I used to be ALL about vanilla perfumes & musks, but my tastes have finally evolved to the point that I can now appreciate clean, fresh florals that *verge* on being sharp (like this one), but barely avoid it. In Chloe EDP's case, this is due to the amber & musk base, which calms down the florals in the drydown -- just enough.

Chloe EDP is light, fresh, crisp, and very uplifting & enjoyable to me now -- esp in warm weather. I feel confident and proud to be wearing it. It's light, and I don't feel like I'm overwhelming anyone (like I sometimes do in my usual gourmands & orientals) -- but you still have to be careful with Chloe EDP -- this can be loud if overapplied. It's strong and does have good throw, and it lasts well.

It's very expensive, and I only have the smallest 1oz bottle, but it's strong & tenacious enough so that my little bottle is lasting well. Just ordered myself a gift set (discounted, from an etailer, as usual -- I almost never buy perfume retail).

PS -- Besides the lush & beautiful original 1975 one, I have the following Chloes and have written separate reviews for each. All are light, fresh, modern, and I like them in this order:

#1 Love Story (light, sweet, orange blossom-y) -- my favorite of the new Chloes
#2 Chloe EDP (light, fresh, crisp, rose)
#3 Roses de Chloe (sweeter & more rose than #2)
#3 Love, Chloe (powdery, discontinued)
#4 See (fresh, sweet apple-y floral)
#5 L'eau (light, sharp, green floral)

on 6/6/2016 11:32:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

One of my most favorite scent after the Chanel No 5. It's delicate, powdery and not too overpowering. I've gotten compliments from my colleagues and well, there were rude remarks mentioning that I smell like a granny (rude much, who cares). Perfect for anyone who is searching for a subtle scent.

To Read all 356 Reviews, Login or Join

on 5/29/2016 9:47:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It smells divine, better than any perfume I have ever tried. I always get compliments when I wear this, people say it smells clean, innocent, pretty and divine, I agree. I have fair skin with brown hair so I can say that this perfume is best on fair skinned ladies.

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

Elegant earthy clean smokey spicy bitter burnt dry rose floral with a dash of damp creamy powder.
I have a meeting coming up and it was such a worry about what to wear, was considering Blue Grass before finding this scent which is perfect for the upcoming occasion. My aim is to not provoke jealousy amongst the women at the meeting. This scent does just that, by projecting- ...like me, there's no need to feel threatened by me, I care, and I'm not here to try be better than any of you.

I don't actually like the smell of this scent, it grabs my stomach makes me nauseous and aware of wearing a scent that does not suit me. Got the smallest bottle.
Hopefully over time I will be more comfortable wearing this.
Oh heck! I've changed my mind, this stuff is so wretchedly horrid on me I can't put myself through this again, I hate it.

on 4/2/2016 1:55:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is my all time favourite perfume and my signature scent. I've gone through countless bottles and always have a bottle in my collection. I'm really bad at describing scents but to me this just smells so clean and soft. When I smells it I just think it smells so classy and feminine. It lasts really well throughout the day on my skin and clothes.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I tried this on today while waiting to meet my fiance after buying some new pressed power in the mac section in myer, and the scent originally was nice, but i couldn't really smell anything special. Thinking, hey, I'm not wearing any other perfumes today, I sprayed it on my shirt and went off looking around myer. Within a few minutes, I noticed a lingering smell that was amazing... on my shirt! I realised, this is the chloe one I tried a few minutes ago. It doesn't smell great instantly, but after settling in... amazing. I was even putting off washing my shirt to be able to smell the lingering chloe edp... ;) I'll definitely be purchasing this in the future.

Have officially purchased this edp now and it is just as beautiful as that first time i ever tried it. Just remember to wait and let it settle because imo it smells even better a couple of hours after sprayed originally! It is expensive, but i can safely say this is the first perfume i purchased based on scent alone, not brand or hype. It is not perfect in the first few minutes, but after settling in... i love it. To me, a real 'chanel' type woman would love ChloƩ. A very high class smelling perfume, for a high class woman!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This perfume is AMAZING. Not only does it smell super lush, but it truly lasts all day! And if thats not enough it comes in the cutest bottle! There is absolutely no downside too this perfume and its not too pricey. I am absolutely in live with it and am always getting complimented because of it. xoxo

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I got the sample of this perfume from magazine. Personally, I really like the scent. When I smelled the scent for the first time, the word "femininity" crossed my mind.

on 2/20/2016 1:43:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Wow. I've never been a big scent person because I'm really picky about what I like so most smells never made the cut. The most I've worn were those fruity smelling body sprays from VS or Bath and Body Works.

I received this as a sample in an order of mine and threw it to the side not thinking anything of it. One day I decided to wear it and I was pleasantly surprised.I loved it and couldn't stop smelling myself! Even though the sample was 1ml and I sprayed very little of it, it lasted all day and even when I went to bed that night I could STILL smell it!

Not long after that I went out and bought the full size and made my first official entrance into the world of fine fragrances and I couldn't be happier.

This is a simple and clean scent, something you can wear daily. It is definitely great for spring, but I'll be wearing mine whenever.

Since I am new to this I am still learning to understand 'notes'. Some people say this smells like laundry detergent. While I can see the fresh and clean comparison, the lychee notes are pretty strong on me which means it also smells pretty citrusy and not just clean to me which must be why I like it. I have never been into clean or floral scents, but this combines everything nicely.

Definitely something I will be wearing every day.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Smelled nice in the store but it makes me nauseous and gives me a stomachache every time I wear it. I always swear I won't wear it again ,but I hate wasting money so I give it a try once a month. Too sweet and too much of the ylang ylang which I notice makes me dizzy and nauseous. I don't see ylang ylang listed but it's in there.

Popular Fragrances