Chloe Chloe (EDP)

Chloe Chloe (EDP)
Chloe (EDP)Chloe (EDP)Chloe EDPchloe perfumeChloe (EDP)

4.2

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This is so nice! I ran out and I miss it. Lots of compliments. When you try it on, you might think, oh no, old lady floral and musk, but give it a moment, it settles into a very woodsy and beautiful scent. Wears very long time too! The metal on the bottle reacts badly when exposed to the perfume, but oh well.

on 5/14/2017 4:30:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Oh, I so love this fragrance. My usual go-to is Stella but it's too dark to wear in the summer, booo. I'd gotten several samples of the Chloe EDP in my Sephora orders so I'd spritz some on in the morning and wear it to work...and I've just fallen in love with it. It's such a clean, crisp fragrance -- my nose picks up rose and some citrus and something sweet. I don't pick up the heavy creamy powder notes that some people get, but I'm okay with that! It doesn't interfere with my body chemistry or my deodorant (Old Spice, ha). I work in a conservative office so I only use one spritz on the back of my bare neck (in the morning, before I get dressed) and I've not had any complaints about it. I like that it's light -- I don't do heavy perfume. I purchased the tiniest size of the EDP from Sephora and with my one-spritz-per-day regimen, I suspect the bottle will last a year. Definite repurchase and I don't intend to stray.

on 5/8/2017 6:34:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

I normally dislike anything rose scented or with hints of rose, but this is so different. It has become my signature scent, and I sometimes layer it with same Chloe body lotion (not as often as I'd like, because like the EDP, the lotion is also a tad pricey). I think the lychee compliments the rose very well, and it is such a fresh pretty fragrance, which also lasts a long time.I can still smell this on my clothing when I put it in for a wash. I have gotten so many compliments on this and my boyfriend also adores it on me. Sillage is moderate leaning towards heavy.

on 6/10/2016 9:30:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I just deleted my original negative review from Jan 2013 (I called it bug spray) -- and am completely rewriting it below -- because now -- finally -- I really enjoy Chloe EDP and am wearing my little 1oz bottle quite frequently, including today.

I loved the original 1975 Chloe (still have a bottle), but It took me several years to finally appreciate the new 2007 Chloe EDP. At first, I thought it was sharp, piercing, shrill, and screechy. If it hadn't been so popular and highly rated, I wouldn't have even tried to like it -- but I sort of worked at it (same with J'adore, which I finally really like now also).

Chloe EDP launched in 2007, and below are the notes, per parfumo.net:

Top Notes - Freesia, Lychee, Peony
Heart Notes - Magnolia, Lily-of-the-valley, Rose
Base Notes - Amber, Cedarwood

When I first tried this, I was absolutely horrified and couldn't believe the high ratings -- I thought it was a sharp screechy mess of a cleaning product scent -- but now I'm loving it.

I used to be ALL about vanilla perfumes & musks, but my tastes have finally evolved to the point that I can now appreciate clean, fresh florals that *verge* on being sharp (like this one), but barely avoid it. In Chloe EDP's case, this is due to the amber & musk base, which calms down the florals in the drydown -- just enough.

Chloe EDP is light, fresh, crisp, and very uplifting & enjoyable to me now -- esp in warm weather. I feel confident and proud to be wearing it. It's light, and I don't feel like I'm overwhelming anyone (like I sometimes do in my usual gourmands & orientals) -- but you still have to be careful with Chloe EDP -- this can be loud if overapplied. It's strong and does have good throw, and it lasts well.

It's very expensive, and I only have the smallest 1oz bottle, but it's strong & tenacious enough so that my little bottle is lasting well. Just ordered myself a gift set (discounted, from an etailer, as usual -- I almost never buy perfume retail).

PS -- Besides the lush & beautiful original 1975 one, I have the following Chloes and have written separate reviews for each. All are light, fresh, modern, and I like them in this order:

#1 Love Story (light, sweet, orange blossom-y) -- my favorite of the new Chloes
#2 Chloe EDP (light, fresh, crisp, rose)
#3 Roses de Chloe (sweeter & more rose than #2)
#3 Love, Chloe (powdery, discontinued)
#4 See (fresh, sweet apple-y floral)
#5 L'eau (light, sharp, green floral)

on 6/6/2016 11:32:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

One of my most favorite scent after the Chanel No 5. It's delicate, powdery and not too overpowering. I've gotten compliments from my colleagues and well, there were rude remarks mentioning that I smell like a granny (rude much, who cares). Perfect for anyone who is searching for a subtle scent.

on 5/29/2016 9:47:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It smells divine, better than any perfume I have ever tried. I always get compliments when I wear this, people say it smells clean, innocent, pretty and divine, I agree. I have fair skin with brown hair so I can say that this perfume is best on fair skinned ladies.

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

Elegant earthy clean smokey spicy bitter burnt dry rose floral with a dash of damp creamy powder.
I have a meeting coming up and it was such a worry about what to wear, was considering Blue Grass before finding this scent which is perfect for the upcoming occasion. My aim is to not provoke jealousy amongst the women at the meeting. This scent does just that, by projecting- ...like me, there's no need to feel threatened by me, I care, and I'm not here to try be better than any of you.

I don't actually like the smell of this scent, it grabs my stomach makes me nauseous and aware of wearing a scent that does not suit me. Got the smallest bottle.
Hopefully over time I will be more comfortable wearing this.
Oh heck! I've changed my mind, this stuff is so wretchedly horrid on me I can't put myself through this again, I hate it.

on 4/2/2016 1:55:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is my all time favourite perfume and my signature scent. I've gone through countless bottles and always have a bottle in my collection. I'm really bad at describing scents but to me this just smells so clean and soft. When I smells it I just think it smells so classy and feminine. It lasts really well throughout the day on my skin and clothes.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This perfume is AMAZING. Not only does it smell super lush, but it truly lasts all day! And if thats not enough it comes in the cutest bottle! There is absolutely no downside too this perfume and its not too pricey. I am absolutely in live with it and am always getting complimented because of it. xoxo

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I got the sample of this perfume from magazine. Personally, I really like the scent. When I smelled the scent for the first time, the word "femininity" crossed my mind.

Popular Fragrances