Maybelline Expert Wear Eye Shadow Single: Linen

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive
No Image

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

I got a white and sliver, i like them a lot. the colors show up great for me. great price, great packaging. i love it. if only i could find a navy blue...

on 1/5/2013 9:09:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

To second the reviewer a couple reviews down, I have to agree that this is a nicer product that Covergirl's French Vanilla, which I was previously using. I was satisfied enough with French Vanilla as it was the only shadow I had purchased in this type of shade and it worked well enough, but I picked up Maybelline Linen (almost identical shades) instead the last time I was at the store because they haven't had French Vanilla in stock for some time and Maybelline's shadows were on sale. I am sooo glad I tried this and will now switch over to using it regularly. It's smoother/creamier in texture and application than Covergirl French Vanilla, the shimmer is more subtle and it wears longer. I also find there's less fallout onto my black eyeliner. I really like it and would recommend for a drugstore eyeshadow in this shade!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I compared this to a similar shade from Cover Girl (French Vanilla) using my own split face experiment and this one is a winner!

First off, don`t be put off by the slightly pinkish undertone to this cream coloured shadow. It won`t make your eyes look red. I have red rims, sensitive eyes and a lot of red in my skin and this just tones it down.

This is not a shimmer highlighter, it is a satiny matte. By that I mean it behaves like a matte, not drawing attention to wrinkley crepey eyelid skin, but it isn`t chalky like a matte often is, it has life.

It covers fairly well. The other one skips on the skin, but this doesn`t. It is sheer, but the cream is obvious, so this is ideal for the tear duct area or brow bone or anywhere else you need to highlight without applying all out shimmer.

It blends well with other shadows. I am now using it as my `matte`highlighter shade in eyeshadow with Clinique`s Champagne shimmer for anywhere I need a little restrained shimmer in a highlight.

It looks fantastic paired with Earthly Taupe, which is sold right next to it. I bought them both, and I`m impressed with these two.

I have sensitive skin, very reactive and this doesn`t bother me a bit. It feels buttery smooth and comfortable. It is a bit dry in feel as is the Cover Girl. It doesn`t crease or fade as the day goes on.

The price is terrific, and the quality is superb.

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I bought this eyeshadow hoping to use it as a nice, natural highlight colour but I was foiled - it's actually about the same colour as my skin, and doesn't really highlight. Having said that, if I could buy this product as a face powder, I would! I've been tempted to just grab a powder brush and apply it all over my face. It's gorgeously smooth, soft and blendable. It's a "Shimmer/reflex brilliant" colour, so I like to use it as a lid colour to make my eyes a little more lively. It's great, and for a little over $4 for 2.6g, you can't lose!

Top Rated Eye Shadow