KORRES Natural Products Lip Butter - Pomegranate

KORRES Natural Products Lip Butter - Pomegranate
Korres Pomegranate Lip Butter

4.2

Polybutene, Trimethylolpropane Triisostearate, Hydrogenated Polydecene, Hydroxystearic Acid, Polyethylene, Stearalkonium Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Sucrose Tetrastearate Triacetate, Dicalcium Phosphate, Tocopherol, Aroma, Carthamus Tinctorius Oil, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Punica Granatum Extract, Benzyl Alcohol, CI 77891, CI 158580, CI 77491.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Oh, this stuff is nice and I should've bought this long ago! I had always heard about this, but for some reason thought it would be too pricey for what it is. Granted, it is not "cheap," but it is really not as pricey as I expected. Currently $12.00USD. And when you look at some of the chapsticks and lip butters in the drugstore, which prices creep up all the time, and that for me often do nothing or even dry my lips, well, the price of this really is not that bad at all.

I apply this and can't help but rub my lips together, it makes them feel SO SOFT!! Smooths out the fine lines, which I appreciate for my 47 year-old lips. The pomegranate scent to me is a little fun sort of slightly tropical scent to me. But not an overpowering scent at all, and for me, the scent dissipates within less than 10 minutes.

The only thing I dislike is that this is in pot form. I realize it must have something to do with the performance, but I really wish they would make this in a tube form, would be great to toss in the purse and easy to use on a whim when needed. But the pot I will deal with for the results and feeling that I get from this. Kicking myself for waiting so long to try this!! I rarely write reviews anymore, as nothing really trips my trigger very much one way or the other, but I had to come rave about this!! LOVE!

on 7/23/2017 8:05:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Absolutely gorgeous product. Melts right into your lips and deeply hydrates without feeling oily, leaves a hint of color that makes you look healthy and lively, small and portable... this is the most moisturizing lip product I've EVER used. Great for winter. Will forever repurchase

on 7/14/2017 7:43:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Finally, a lip balm that gives a natural, slightly coloured and glossy look. I have been looking for something like this for ages. I love!! The balm goes on smoothly and is lightweight on the lips. I have no idea whether it works in winter time (for dry lips) but as an every-day lip treatment it is great. No need to use lipstick anymore - one touch of this and you are ready to go...

on 1/3/2015 1:47:00 AM

I have this and Quince. Tried to love them but it was hard! While the colour is nice, I felt like the product just sat on my lips. It doesn't do anything let alone moisturise! I get far better and faster results from good old Vaseline, which costs one-tenth of the price. Sorry Korres!

on 12/27/2014 8:54:00 AM

What a nice moisturizing balm that can be worn instead of lipstick on low maintenance days! It moisturizes my lips really well, so no nasty crumbs or dry patches appear. It works even better than Elizabeth Arden 8 hour Lip Cream. I always soak my lips in it before I go to bed. My boyfriend loves kissing me when I wear this, he says the fragrance is really attractive. Personally I really like the color and since it goes with my skin tone so well, I also use it in my No make-up Make-up look. Willing to try some of the other colours, too, but at the moment I am so in love with the Pomegranate tint, I probably won`t stray too far.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Soft, kissable lips are something we all want. :) My boy doesn't come near me when I wear sticky gloss or lipstick, (he only likes it when I wear lip balm) but I don't want to give up on wearing color on my lips either :( well ladies this is the perfect solution! This only has sheer color, and this gets rid of the tiny tiny lines in my lips, and makes them super soft to the touch. Even when this comes off, my lips stay super moisturized... Somebody said this looks like the cover of the Jemma kidds book, I completely agree!

I got compliments from my friends too about the color. It's very good for no makeup days, and very effortless... Like "my lips look like this when I wake up" look, LOL. Definitely not a made up look. Just your lips, but better, and I feel like it's doing something wonderful to them!

The color is coral pink, and on my pigmented lips it looks very natural. I have NC25 asian skin and black hair, and complements very well in my opinion. I've run out and I can't wait to buy more of this goodness!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This lip balm has achieved HG status in my books. I love it, it's probably my favourite purchase this winter. For the past few months, my lips have been so chapped from the dry windy weather. I tried using Mecca Cosmetica's Lip-DeLuscious balm initially, which worked for a while, but then seemed to lose its effectiveness.

Korres' Lip Butter has been another story entirely. It has the most incredible texture, truly like butter, that melts into your lips to provide a cushion of hydration. On my slightly pigmented lips, Pomegranate imparts a sheer wash of gorgeous coral, deep pink. I wear it on its own for a natural look, or dab it very lightly over my lipstick.

The packaging is cute, though slightly unhygienic - you do have to put your finger in it. But that's my favourite way to apply my lip balm so I do not mind at all.

I bought mine from Kit Cosmetics, in Myer in Sydney city, for around AUD18. This is a good price for a quality product. By contrast, my less preferred Lip-Deluscious cost me AUD28.

Will I purchase again? Absolutely. And perhaps in every colour they have.

on 1/18/2014 12:33:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I started using this lip butter last June; 6+ months later and I have finally hit bottom of the pot. The price is VERY discouraging, but this lasted me a good 6 months through ( the recent summer, fall, and winter (if you think So. CA has real winters) and i use it multiple times on most days).

- Pomegranate (a warm toned coral) compliments light to medium to tan skin tones.
-I have no trouble applying it without a mirror- I don't see how others find application troublesome.
-Sweet scent, but not distracting. Once the product is on my lips, I can't detect the scent.
-Not: greasy, waxy, or sticky, in my opinion.
-Sheer color, great for day wear/running errands/ appear more refreshed.
----i like to use this+ powder+mascara for the daytime.
-From experience, it is more moisturizing than burt's bees pomegranate lip balm (to which my lips had horrible reactions), eos honeydew, and neutrogena Norwegian formula w/ spf- especially when I swipe some on right before bed.

RE: Packaging
-I think the consistency is too soft to be in stick form, too firm to be in a tube- hence the pot.
-If you wear your nails quite long i.e. acrylics, etc.. you will have trouble with the product getting under your nails.
-as long as you screw the cap back on aligned all the way, it wont pop off in your bag.
-seems very unhygenic... but I haven't had even a slight cold/fever during the time I've been using this (take that as you will :P)

Application: when I swipe it on, I start at one end of my lower lip and just increase pressure as I swipe across- all the product pretty much ends up on my lips with near to nothing on my finger. Pretty simple... I don't understand why so many people have complaints regarding application!

I got this lip butter at a make up outlet pretty cheap, so I didn't expect it to be good. But I was surprised - it has a very pleasant formula that is buttery and smooth. It has decent colour payoff (makes my lips look a bit redder) and is incredibly moisturising. While pots aren't really my thing, it isn't a massive issue for me. Will definitely be trying out more shades!

on 12/8/2013 8:59:00 PM

So very soothing. I use a lip scrub and immediately after use this lip butter. I almost treat it as an overnight moisturizer because it is costly but when I wake up my lips are intensely moisturized. It's not gunky or sticky, doesn't have a funky smell or taste. It's light but so effective. The only con is I wish the packaging was more of a heavy duty instead of plastic. I keep it in my purse and always fear the lid would unscrew. i

Popular Lip Treatments