71%

Reviews

2.0
from

2 years ago

Wanting a long-lasting, non-dewy formula foundation for the humid summer, I purchased EA Intervene in 'Soft Toffee' at a steep discount after watching a YouTube-r who demo'd it 'Soft Cocoa'. She appears to have a red undertone and 'Soft Cocoa' seemed to match, but it appeared a bit grey on her when photographed with a flash. I figured since I am about a shade lighter than she is, have a yellow/olive undertone, and it only has an SPF of 15, I could get away with the Soft Toffee. Wow, was I wrong --- It is perfect if you want a milk chocolate + Oompa Loompa look! EA's color charts are waaay off. Oh, the perils of buying foundation online, sight unseen and w/o pretesting... The color was just so wrong, I had to use my Temptu Pro color adjuster kit to correct both the undertone and shade (they worked), but find that the formula settles into lines I did not even know I had, and I have very few. It just looks dry and unflattering on my skin. You also need to work fast to spread it because it drys quickly. I used a damp beauty blender and that made the color and texture a little better, but not good enough. You need a really good moisturizer under this foundation. I am glad I spent minimal bucks on this 'experiment' as it will soon be discarded. I will save the pump from the bottle because it is a good one. Color References: Lately, I do not often wear foundation and my last splurge was a Prescriptives Custom Blend that matched my undertone and skin color perfectly. The problem with the Prescriptives CB is it is a bit too dewy. For light wear, I still use Stila Perfect and Correct in 'Warm', but it doesn't do much to cover flaws, and Becca Multi-tasking Perfecting Powder in 'Warm Honey' (a perfect match). I was matched to Nars Sheer Glow Foundation in 'Macao', but have not yet purchased it. Wear: Maybe EA Intervene in Soft Toffee could work for you if you have oily skin, but be prepared as you may need to 'fix' the color. It seems as if it would wear well and it does not transfer, but for me, the dryness on my combo skin and poor color match are not worth the hassle of color adjusting every time. Who has an orange skin tone? Not sure how this color was approved by sales and marketing?!? Why can't these companies produce foundations that work with actual skin tones? This is especially a problem for women of color and for anyone who deviates from the standard color chart/scale companies use, as many of us still need to mix colors or simply give up on finding a near-perfect match. Why is it so difficult to find a foundation that has a finish between dewy and matte in a medium brown with a yellow/olive undertone?

About reviewer (5 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Medium Brown, Warm

HairBlack, Curly, Fine

4 years ago

bought it online from strawberrynet when it was on sale. bought a wrong colour tone. regret. way way too dark for me. apart from the colour.. i like everything about it. nothing wrong. good texture. good coverage. it doesnt cause acne. not sticky not greasy ... very light texture but good coverage.

About reviewer (21 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinAcne-prone, Medium

HairBlack

5 years ago

I love this foundation. I have just finished my first bottle after changing from another liquid brand. This foundation gives a medium coverage and easy to blend, does not smell, does not make my skin break out. It is also reasonably long wearing and blend quite well with any setting powders. The bottle has a nice pump.

Age36-43

SkinAcne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

5 years ago

I really liked this foundation it gave medium coverage and kep my combination skin matte. What a pity no longer available any suggestions for a replacement girls ☺️

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

EyesHazel

5 years ago

I am beyond devastated that this product has been discontinued. It is a wonderful foundation with added skin care benefits! 1. The bottle is a pump bottle; very sanitary 2. Application was flawless; medium coverage that seemed to instantly erase any imperfection without looking cakey. Dried as a satin-semi matt finish. 3. NEVER EVER broke me out 4. Did not transfer to clothing 5. Did not settle, separate, or 'sit' on the skin It is my HG foundation and my last bottle just ran out. They are selling my color on Amazon for like $100. Its really sad. I wish they would bring it back.

About reviewer (15 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Curly, Medium

EyesGreen

5 years ago

Elizabeth Arden - Intervene foundation is a must have foundation I have always suffered with hormonal acne and could not find a perfect foundation until a friend recommended this one. I have repurchased this foundation more than 15 times and can't find anything that comes close to this. It's oil free non-acnegenic and non-comedogenic with SPF 15 it is medium to high coverage and is easy to blend on to the skin covers up blemishes and redness and acne well. In my opinion best foundation and highly recommend this.

SkinAcne-prone, Fair

HairBlond

EyesGreen

3.0

6 years ago

Second best foundation I've used after revlon colour stay. I'm pale and i find all arden products so dark on me! However the coverage is good for problem skin but it doesn't seem to even my skin tone particularly well which is something I need in a foundation. It stays put SO well and looks exactly the same by the time I'm home

About reviewer (10 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinAcne-prone, Fair

HairBlond

EyesBlue

6 years ago

This is my first review on MA, but I just had to do it for this foundation. This applies really smooth and feels a bit greasy when you apply but when it dries it's quite matte but does not look cakey at all. My skin tone is odd, I'm fair with rosy and olive undertones so most foundations don't suit me. I normally have to go lighter than my actual skin tone so it doesn't look orange or pink on my skin. In this I have soft shell which I believe is one shade up from the lightest and it works for me completely without washing me out like other foundations. If you have a skin tone like mine and find most foundations just don't work, try this one! Its shades have a different undertone from all the other foundations I have tried.

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

EyesBrown

from

6 years ago

My HG foundation! I love the packaging for some reason a lot of foundations don't have a pump, so I was glad this one does. Provides a nice medium to full coverage. It lasts all day, and every time I wear it I always get told how nice my skin looks. Makes you looked airbrushed! Defiantly will repurchase again, and again.

About reviewer (18 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

EyesBlue

6 years ago

I bought this for £11 off the website fragrance direct it arrived after 2 days I bought the shade soft sunbeige I'm a nc15-20 and I thought it would be too dark but it's a pretty good match its super blend able feels amazing on the skin considering its full coverage I can't even feel it and it doesn't look cakey at all it dries to a satin Matte finish lasts all day there is nothing negative I can say about this foundation and I will repurchase when I run out

About reviewer (87 reviews)

SkinOily, Medium