4.3

Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil.

Pukka Herbs Organic Cold-Pressed Castor Oil: I have been using for 6 weeks only at night on just my eyelashes.

This is the most amazing product if you're looking to grow lashes on a budget without harming your eyes or permanently darkening the rims of your eyes (bimatoprost DOES THIS). In fact I'm sure its the SAFEST castor oil to use around your eyes because it's:

- Hexane-free
- Virgin, cold-pressed & organic
- Purified from all harmful chemicals/components

!!CAUTION!! Keep in mind that un-purified castor oil will harm/destroy the thin layer in your eye that protects your iris, etc

EXPERIENCE:
- I applied this along my roots with a Q-tip and the product slid down my lashes too.
- No irritation in my eye (I had lasik eye surgery too), Nada, except for mild vision blurriness that actually WENT AWAY after a few minutes. No smell.

RESULTS:
- DID MY EYELASHES GROW? No not really. Very minimal growth but I will still persevere! There isn't enough scientific evidence that castor oil does indeed grow your eyelashes, but I am hopeful.

Overall 4/5 because this is literally the safest option for sensitive and laser treated eyes. I would not stray from this because normal CASTOR OIL IS SCIENTIFICALLY PROVEN TO HARM YOUR EYE (due to those chemicals).

on 10/17/2018 4:14:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I use it for everything: for my lashes, it makes them thicker and grow faster, the eyebrows grow better too.
For my lips: it protects them from the cold and the wind. As I always say in my reviews, I work outdoors, so I need more protection for my skin than other people, maybe.
For my hair: it makes it grow faster, and it protects it from frizz and rupture.
For elbows, knees and dry feet, for hands, it sets the skin smooth again.
If you feel it too greasy and thick, you can mix it with conditioner, hand or body cream. I also mix it with my mascara.

I've been a skin care fanatic since my 20s and around 2 yrs ago, I became interested in DIY skincare and cosmetics. Today, it's my biggest hobby..I have a whole closet where you'll find nothing but essential oils, carrier oils and other ingredients. One of the staple products on there is Premium Nature 100% Pure Castor Oil bought on Amazon for a reasonable price. I use this to make my own lash/ brow growth serum and one s week i mix it with a carrier oil and apply to my hair roots, heat it up and wash of after 2 hours. 1..my lashes have never been so healthy and long(it actually looks like I'm wearing a light mascara when I'm not) and my overplucked brows have filled in and I've been able to shape them perfectly without them looking so sparse. 2) My damaged hair that was abused by heat styling and coloring has never been healthier and more shiny. The Castor Oil Mixture had played a big part in that...just make sure you do correct research and know not to apply to hair by. Itself...must be mixed with a carrier oil and other warnings/suggestions because Castor Oil can be very potent and do some damage if not used correctly

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I had to delete my original review and replace it with a new one.
I've bought a castor oil from Amazon, they sell it in a fancy packaging with a dropper and tiny brushes and spooleys for the application.
After three weeks of use, I was blown out by the Castor Oil performance, but now I've been using it for more than two months daily and my impression had changed.
At first, I thought 'Why didn't I've tried you sooner?!' It seemed to me that the condition of my eyebrows has seriously changed while in reality, it didn't, except the fact that same brow hair that I originally had started to grow faster and longer. There is zero new hair growth, just a conditioning effect.
The sparse areas that I thought got some new fair just got covered by the longer and a bit thicker hair nearby.
I've also tried it on my lashes (on the roots) and they've got more conditioned, as well.

Overal it isn't a miracle product by any means and the smell is horrific.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Do not use this anywhere you don't want hair! you will grow facial hair. if you use this to attempt removing makeup or as a face wash be prepared for random hair. I speak from experience. I read somewhere that Castor oil helps with acne and you know how we are when we hear something works for acne, we try it! Well, at first I was like "wow I love Castor oil, removes makeup so well and doesn't break me out". wrong! instead I grew random spots of hair that I didn't have before. Under the chin, on my cheeks. yes you can say that many other factors can contribute to this happening however I firmly believe it was the castor oil. it's great for lashes, eyebrows the hair on your head! anyway luckily I had electrolysis done and got it permanently removed. I tend to stay from products that have castor oil in them too.

on 6/3/2018 2:33:00 PM

I visited my little sister after about a month of not seeing her, and I was amazed at how long her eyelashes were. She's always had very short, straight, flat eyelashes, and suddenly they were 3 times the length, fuller and curled upwards. She told me she had been putting castor oil on them at night.

It's been about a month of me applying castor oil (just regular cheap not special) on my eyelashes and I am AMAZED. I was not at all religious with it, I only used it maybe twice a week when I went to bed. Just by 8 ish uses my lashes are way longer, thicker and there's way more of them. I work as a cosmetician and every customer I have is convinced I have falsies on or extensions. I always recommend castor oil over the expensive fancy serums we sell. I had a big gap in my lashes from ripping them out with falsies and within a week that gap was full of long, thick lashes. I have 3, maybe 4 rows of lashes now compared to 1. Serums don't give volume but this does like crazy. I absolutely adore the look of my lashes now, even more than the look of falsies. The outer corners of my lashes are the hardest to grow, but the lashes there are so crazy long and thick now that it gives my eyes the perfect winged look. I actually can't wear natural falsies now because my lashes are longer than them.

Pleeease save your money and try this, just apply with a fresh Q tip before bed on your lash line and wash off in the morning. It worked on making my eyebrows more full too.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

Castor oil has been absolutely amazing on my hair! It is now thicker, and the grey hair falls out. I use a mask of it on weekends, sleeping with a plastic shower cap. I also use it on my eyebrows and eyelashes, getting similar results.
I’m looking for an inexpensive shampoo that will get the oil out of my hair. Does anyone have recommendations?

on 3/10/2018 10:12:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

Beware! Castor oil does not fight wrinkles, it creates them! After reading the stellar reviews and endless videos promoting castor oil for eyelash growth and anti-aging I bought two bottles and got to work. I used it for 2 weeks and let me tell you the growth was real, my lashes got super long and strong. However in the span of those two measly weeks my undereyes got deep new wrinkles where there was none before, especially in the crow’s feet area. It is crazy to me this is used as an undereye cream to prevent wrinkles. Castor oil causes premature aging. I still use it for hair growth on my scalp but I’ll never put it anywhere near my eyes again.

on 3/3/2018 5:49:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

My daughter actually believed the hype and bought this for MY eyebrows. Ridiculous, putting thick oil on your eyebrows will not make them grow again. I wonder you made up that myth

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I am a big fan of castor oil. However I never use it on its own - way too drying!

I always use it as a part of some self made concotion - I will spread it on my wet hair as a weekly mask mixed with a couple of pumps of OUAI's Rose Hair and Body Oil (which is basically sunflower and shea butter oils, smells faintly with fresh roses and contains no silicones), I'll use it to seal aloe vera gel patted on my feet (also mixed with the rose oil from Ouai) and hands. It is a great all rounder but as I say - only as a part of the mix with other oils (let's say as a third of that mix, a small spoonful max).

I'm growing my hair out at the moment and I am interested in anything that will make the process less painful. I'm growing out a pixie cut and my hair grows painfully slow, it is thin and prone to falling out I was of course not expecting miracles. But after a couple of uses of the oil I've noticed a significant, positive change. My hair maybe did not grow massively (I do my 'hair oil soak' once a week) but it appears volumised, a bit less frizzy and it has SHINE! I need to make sure I wash off the oil mix completely, otherwise my hair looks heavy and lank - sometimes I need to apply a thick layer of conditioner over the oiled hair and only then use the shampoo (twice!) but the faff of keeping it on my head under a shower cap and towel turban for a couple of hours is worth it in my opinion.

I bought a big bottle of this oil from Pukka, it is organic, has a very faint smell and as I do not use a lot of it, it will last ages, which also makes it very cost effective.

Popular Brows Products