ULTA Professional Series Stippling Brush

ULTA Professional Series Stippling Brush
Ulta top, MAC bottomUlta Professional & BE duo fibre stippling brushes

on 3/24/2010 12:12:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

UGH! I'm so mad I bought this AFTER forking over $42 bucks for the famous MAC 187. Don't get me wrong. The MAC 187 is a great brush, but not for stippling foundation. I found the bristles on the MAC 187 a little too soft to really buff the liquid foundation in. I end up with a lot of streaks that I need to fix.
This, however, is PERFECT. Same concept as the MAC 187, but the bristles are more dense and a little bit firmer. And it makes stippling liquid foundation so much easier and better. Less streaking for me with the Ulta brush. I actually gave my MAC 187 away to my sister because it's just taking room in my bag.

on 5/24/2009 7:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

awesome brush, of course i want the 187 but that thing is just wayyyyy too expensive, and this seems to do the trick for me in terms of foundation -- the outcome of stippling on my foundation with this brush is flawless.. i honestly don't need the 187 now, but would like to get it just so i can say that i have it (hehe).

in terms of applying my MSF's however i think my contouring brush does a better job... not sure if it's just stippling brushes in general or just specifically this Ulta one (b/c MUA swears that the 187 applies MSF's like a dream), but i feel that when applying MSF with this brush i can barely see it on my face? =/

got this brush for $20 w/ my 20% off coupon -- great investment, i've washed it several times now and it hasn't shed at all (at least not that i've noticed!).

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I was so excited to hear that Ulta has an alternative to the MAC 187! I purchased the MAC 188 and am totally in love with it and was prepared to return for the 187, then I read about this brush. The Ulta version seems every bit as dense as the MAC version, and also as dense as the 188 though bigger obviously. It applies my blushes amazingly and really doesn't shed too badly at all. The handle is very sturdy and the brush seems to be weighted pretty well. It is rather thick in the handle but tapers off near the end vs. the uniform thickness of the MAC, but I prefer the thicker handle of the Ulta one as I feel it gives me more control. Overall, a great buy since I got it for $19 which is less than half the price of the 187. The brush comes in a thick plastic re-usable sleeve which is a lot nicer than the disposable dinky plastic sleeve the MAC ones come in. Would and probably will rebuy.

Popular Makeup Brushes