Isehan KissMe Heroine Make Volume and Curl Mascara Black

Isehan KissMe Heroine Make Volume and Curl Mascara Black
KissMe Heroine Make Volume and Curl Mascara Black

4.2

on 7/8/2018 1:43:00 PM

The packaging has changed a little compared to the picture, the bottle now has a black and silver tube, with a silver lid.
Heroine Make mascaras are like witchcraft in a bottle... the description "Super Waterproof" is 100% accurate. Once dry, it will magically repel all tears, sweat, sebum, water, and contact lens drops throughout the day with no running, smearing or smudging. On the flipside, if you make a bit of a mess when applying, you have around ten seconds to get it off with a cotton bud or tissue, otherwise the messy bits you don't want will also be just as invincible all day.

I prefer the long & curl version overall because my short and stubby lashes need all the help they can get, but there's not much in it between the two if I'm honest. This version contains less fibres and instead of a curved wand, it's a straight brush with bristles spiralling towards the tapered end. It's not a very big brush, and teh bristles are well spaced apart so it's easy to get right up to the eyelash roots in the outer corners and lower lashes. Because of this, it does seem to give the illusion of a more volume compared to the lengthening one, because the brush allows for easy coating of the lash roots, and when wiggling side to side it will encourage some product between the lashes. Not so much that it looks clumpy or smeared, it just fills the lashline a little more right on the very lowest parts of the roots, next to the waterline - again, giving the illusion of thicker eyelashes

I'll use this after curling my eyelashes, one coat gives a more natural and subtle appearance, and two coats is enough for dramatically defined eyelashes. Like the lengthening version, once dry it holds the curl all day. It doesn't flake or crumble, doesn't transfer onto eyelids and make me look like a panda, and doesn't irritate my contact lenses or eyes.

The main issue that people struggle with is getting it off in the evenings - all you need is some cotton pads and an eye make-up remover that has an organic oily layer floating on an aqueous layer, Nivea does a nice and inexpensive one. Shake it up to mix the two phases, soak cotton pad, then press onto lids and eyelashes for 5-10 seconds, before gently rubbing off the remaining mascara with the pad. You only need to be gentle, so I've never noticed my eyelashes looking threadbare or anything. I've been alternating this with the equally bulletproof Long & Curl version of this mascara and it takes me less than a minute to get it all off in the evening using cotton pads soaked with biphasic make-up remover.

on 5/24/2018 12:15:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

This is the best mascara ever! it volumizes and lengthens wonderfully.

on 5/7/2018 7:55:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

This mascara is so difficult to remove!! As much as I do like the way this holds my curl and adds some volume to my lashes, I simply cannot deal with how much effort I have to put into removing this stuff. Micellar water + cotton pad just doesn't seem to do it. Eye makeup remover doesn't seem to do it. I end up having to try and work this off with my fingers in the shower after it has loosened up from the hot water.

My search for my holy grail continues.

[0]

on 1/26/2018 10:23:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I just bought my first tube and have, after 2 weeks, turned around and bought a 2nd tube, I like it that much. This mascara fulfills my mascara needs. Creates long, defined and some volume. Lasts all day and then some. Is waterproof but comes off with makeup remover and concentrated effort. Does not smudge, flake, ball up, chip, or glob. Worth the $18 price. I would even go higher. For once I agree with the reviewers 100%.

This is my game changer. I remember the first time i started using this is when i had a gym class ; body combat and weightlifting. With all of those sweats IT STILL STAYS NO MATTER WHAT. After that, i showered with warm water and wash my face also, this one still stays. Love of my life.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Pros: Meant for asian lashes, lengthens like hell, curls all day long, doesn't smudge, waterproof
Cons: Can be clumpy, hard to remove (especially the advanced film one)

Even though the name is Volume & Curl, it doesn't have as much volume as you would expect. It does curl your lashes prettily though. The most important part is this mascara stays on no matter what. It won't smudge or budge through rain, sweat, tears, or even after I clean my face with my cleanser. If I have an outdoor job (I'm interning as a photographer), I will use this since I trust this mascara with all my life. With that being said, this mascara is a pain in the ass to remove. I didn't like how hard it is to remove at first, but I found out it can be removed with Muji's Cleansing Oil, therefore I keep on using it.

UPDATE 25/4/2018: I just bought this in the Advanced Film which is like the advanced (well, hence the name) version of this. It is more volumizing (I looked like I have falsies on) and even harder to remove. The other con is that it can get a clumpy.

on 8/3/2017 10:13:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I don't like this mascara. It says "volumizing and curling" but it does almost nothing. It doesn't volumize instead it thins out my natural lashes. The curling effect is decent, the length is also decent. The only plus points that I can give is for the cute packaging and the very, very waterproof formula.

on 4/5/2017 1:58:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

So many reviewers raved about this mascara that I finally ordered it from Japan. I bought the "Volume & Curl Super Waterproof" mascara, but would also like to try "Long & Curl" at some point. Because it’s an import, all the writing on the package is in Japanese, so if you must have an ingredients list, you’ll need an interpreter. I was pleased with how well this performs.

This is waterproof. It passed my shower test. Isehan's mascara does not smudge at all, even on humid days. I have no complaints of "panda eyes" or "raccoon eyes." If you overbuild, this can clump, but if you have a lash comb, it's an easy fix.

I am able to build decent volume with it...but not staggeringly shocking volume. For more lush, abundant lashes, I apply Tarte’s Opening Act primer, or a base coat of Charlotte Tilbury’s Legendary Lashes before applying Kiss Me Heroine. Tilbury’s mascara isn’t waterproof and has been known to smudge on occasion. With Isehan’s mascara on top of it, I have the best of both worlds: a smudge-free eye and thick, long lashes. If you have naturally thick or long lashes, you won't need a primer. (My lashes need the extra help.)

This mascara holds a curl beautifully. It's available in brown as well as black. I purchased black but it's nice to know there's another color for a subtle, natural look.

Isehan's mascara doesn’t make the lashes feel stiff to the touch, and doesn’t weigh them down. It doesn’t contain annoying fragrance or anything else irritating. I wear contacts and I have sensitive eyes that occasionally water. I have had no trouble using this. And it's not very expensive, even for an import. I paid about $10 USD which also covered the shipping.

In fact the only real negative is a predictable one. Waterproof mascaras are notorious for being more difficult to wash off and this is no exception. Cinema Secrets Break It Down makeup remover takes it off, and so does MAC's cleansing oil. But it you accidentally get some mascara on your lid during application, plain water on a Q-tip doesn't remove it. I have since purchased Isehan’s mascara remover (the one with the wand) and I will probably order the two products together from now on…just for my own sanity.

If you live in the States, it takes weeks for this item to ship from Japan. You have to plan ahead. I would buy this again as long as I have time to wait for the shipment. If I need mascara immediately, Urban Decay Cannonball is widely available in the U.S. and it holds up when I swim. However, Cannonball costs $20. Isehan Kiss Me Heroine Make Volume & Curl Super Waterproof is more affordable.

on 12/16/2016 8:26:00 AM

I tried this one first for quite awhile before making the other variant mascara (Long and Curl Mascara) my holy grail.

I really tried to make this mascara work for me, but sadly the Long and Curl mascara outperformed this one tremendously. Although it does hold your curls, does a great job in volumizing my lashes, thickening the lashes, and is smudgeproof, I must say that this mascara clumps a lot! A whole lotta lot compared to the long and curl one. The long and curl doesnt clump or make your lashes stick to each other whatsoever! The long and curl mascara also held up my curls really well and also volumizes your lashes as well.

This is still a good mascara, and I would recommend it for those who want to volumize and make their lashes appear thicker. But beware of the clumpiness that comes with it!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

If I want a mascara that will last through the sweatiest of workouts or playing in the mud with elephants or go stand up paddle boarding, I turn to this mascara.

I discovered this four years ago when I was an exchange student in Japan, my wimpy lashes never liked the American formulations but once trying this Kiss Me mascara, I never knew my lashes could be so perky and defined. When I moved back home, it was pretty expensive to order this online, but now that I am back in Asia, I am reunited with the best waterproof, curling, voluminizing, separating mascara. No joke, I do wear this mascara for the more extreme outdoor activities and it won't smudge or flake on me, curl is still intact. Only down side is that this expensive outside of Asia and dual phase eye makeup remover is essential to getting this bulletproof formula off.

At roughly $12 CAD, I will for sure be stocking up on this mascara before I leave Asia!