Isehan KissMe Heroine Make Volume and Curl Mascara Black

Isehan KissMe Heroine Make Volume and Curl Mascara Black
KissMe Heroine Make Volume and Curl Mascara Black

4.2

on 12/16/2016 8:26:00 AM

I tried this one first for quite awhile before making the other variant mascara (Long and Curl Mascara) my holy grail.

I really tried to make this mascara work for me, but sadly the Long and Curl mascara outperformed this one tremendously. Although it does hold your curls, does a great job in volumizing my lashes, thickening the lashes, and is smudgeproof, I must say that this mascara clumps a lot! A whole lotta lot compared to the long and curl one. The long and curl doesnt clump or make your lashes stick to each other whatsoever! The long and curl mascara also held up my curls really well and also volumizes your lashes as well.

This is still a good mascara, and I would recommend it for those who want to volumize and make their lashes appear thicker. But beware of the clumpiness that comes with it!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

If I want a mascara that will last through the sweatiest of workouts or playing in the mud with elephants or go stand up paddle boarding, I turn to this mascara.

I discovered this four years ago when I was an exchange student in Japan, my wimpy lashes never liked the American formulations but once trying this Kiss Me mascara, I never knew my lashes could be so perky and defined. When I moved back home, it was pretty expensive to order this online, but now that I am back in Asia, I am reunited with the best waterproof, curling, voluminizing, separating mascara. No joke, I do wear this mascara for the more extreme outdoor activities and it won't smudge or flake on me, curl is still intact. Only down side is that this expensive outside of Asia and dual phase eye makeup remover is essential to getting this bulletproof formula off.

At roughly $12 CAD, I will for sure be stocking up on this mascara before I leave Asia!

This is THE BEST MASCARA I'VE EVER TRIED!
I got the older version, the one with a pink metallic cap, not the ombre one.
Comparing it to lash sensational from maybelline, this is blacker, more lengthening and holds the curl WAYYY better!
The curls may not look as perky as how it was when my lashes are first curled, but it will maintain the curls throughout the whole day.
The only downside is it gets clumpy easy and if the mascara get onto my eyelid, it will be difficult to remove it since its super waterproof. This can be a problem if I applied eyeshadow.

Despite that, the pros just outweighs the cons for me so will 100% repurchase!

on 8/23/2016 5:29:00 PM

Love this.

Only my second day of wearing it so far, but it's the only mascara I've tried that's actually held a curl. I have straight lashes and usually after curling with a lash curler & putting mascara on the curl doesn't tend to last, but with this my curl held all day.

It's quite a wet formula. It definitely gives volume. It doesn't separate the lashes, but that doesn't bother me too much. I always use clarins double fix on top of all mascaras, which makes them all flakeproof and waterproof, so I can't comment on those factors. I'm not a lover of layering mascara either as I tend to think it makes my lashes look spidery, but to be honest just one coat is enough to give a really good effect. It's a great price and I'll definitely repurchase.

on 6/18/2016 12:59:00 AM

So, I haven't stopped using this mascara for at least five years. It is that good.

I have extremely round cheeks, smile A LOT and, as a result, cause most of my eye products to migrate over the course of the day. The panda-eye struggle is real, you guys. This damn fine mascara, however, is one of the few things that can take the heat (and sweat and oil and smiles). I can't remember if the one I use most is the long + curl or the volume + curl, but either way, the formula is the same, it's just the brush that differs.

And the formula is the stuff dreams are made of. It is black. It has fibres. It is waterproof. It does. not. budge. To the point where you NEED an oil based make up remover and a little bit of patience. That is probably the only drawback. You do need a proper remover for this (or better yet, buy the weird Heroine Make mascara remover that they make especially for this). It's a good price too, usually $15-20AUD, depending where you buy it from.

HG mascara, I will never waiver on this and always evangelise it to my friends/family/people at bus stops.

on 3/6/2016 12:50:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

A solid, affordable mascara! I have very straight lashes that don't hold any curl except with this one. Heroine make has a formula that makes your lashes very stiff, which is why the curl will hold and the volume is also decent. It stays the whole day, doesn't smudge and make sure you have a good cleanser to take it off, because once you apply it, it stays where you've put it, which is why I love Japanese mascaras in general.

The reason I took one lippie off is because this mascara doesn't preform very well when it comes to separating the lashes and can give you a sort of spider leg lashes if you apply it directly, so I advice you to take a tissue first and remove the excess product first before applying it on the lashes and you'll end up with beautiful results and can even go for up fo 5 coats without overdoing it. I think I will also try out the long&curl mascara from Heroine Make.

on 1/20/2016 7:00:00 PM

HOOOLLY GRAAIL mascara! The best mascara I have ever tried using, and am pretty sure it will be one of, if not, the greatest mascaras I will try in my life. My usually stick, straight, short lashes curl up perfectly with a great amount of volume using this mascara. A little hard to remove, but a good cleanser should do the job easily. Waterproof and smudgeproof, an extra bonus to the alredy great volume and curl it gives. Only problem is that I purchased this while on holiday in Asia, and have run out. Am desperate to repurchase somehow, because my search for replacement mascaras is failing quite miserably as nothing seems to live up to this one. DEFINITELY would recommend!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've had this mascara for a few weeks and it's honestly really good. It makes my lashes a lot longer and gives a lot of volume. It also holds the curl for a very long time. The only problem I have with this is that it's not the easiest to take off, but if you have a good makeup remover you won't have any problems. Other than that, it's a really really good mascara and the brush makes it easier to apply to top and bottom lashes since it's not that big.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This is my holy grail mascara! Hold curl all day, pitch black, volumizing, lengthening, no smudges at all. It does perfoms what the mascara should do. Some of my friends even asked me whether I wear fake lashes when I used this mascara. The only con that I feel is this stuff is so hard to remove. Please make sure to use oil base makeup remover to take it off. I used bioderma once and it was not removed at all. If you have more budget, Kiss Me also have the mascara remover so you might want to buy it also. I haven't tried their mascara remover but I heard that it does good job on removing kiss me mascara.

on 9/18/2014 5:37:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I'm always looking for a mascara that will keep my lashes curled while somewhat volumising. In summary, I think this mascara definitely keeps lashes curled and I don't need to curl again after applying mascara (but if you want to have super curled lashes then you can go ahead and do that) and I think it lengthens quite well too, but despite its name 'VOLUME and curl', i don't think it adds that much volume. Maybe apart from the fact that i got the mascara in black so my lashes look somewhat thicker because they look a bit darker. But I didn't expect it to be super volumising anyway after reading many reviews and the mascara formula is quite watery as well so I think that's why it doesn't volumise lashes as well but keeps curls intact because the formula isn't so thick and heavy.

I'd also suggest buying the special mascara remover this brand has for this mascara. I tried using numerous wipes and makeup removers and the mascara (note: I have the waterproof version) doesn't budge! There's a pack including the mascara and the mascara remover out there which I got from sasa.com and it's only about $2 more expensive than buying the mascara by itself, so if you're remotely interested in this mascara I would suggest looking for this two-pack. Otherwise, it's a fantastic mascara superior to many drugstore mascaras I've tried BUT I'd still like to find one that is a bit more volumising. If such a mascara doesn't exist, this will do. And I'm gonna keep repurchasing.

Other pros about this mascara: it doesn't really clump, the thin mascara brush makes it so much easier to get to the outer and inner corners of the eyes, and it's not expensive. I got it plus the mascara remover for around $16AUD on Sasa.

Popular Mascaras