Isehan KissMe Heroine Make Volume and Curl Mascara Black

4.2

on 4/5/2017 1:58:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

So many reviewers raved about this mascara that I finally ordered it from Japan. I bought the "Volume & Curl Super Waterproof" mascara, but would also like to try "Long & Curl" at some point. Because it’s an import, all the writing on the package is in Japanese, so if you must have an ingredients list, you’ll need an interpreter. I was pleased with how well this performs.

This is waterproof. It passed my shower test. Isehan's mascara does not smudge at all, even on humid days. I have no complaints of "panda eyes" or "raccoon eyes." If you overbuild, this can clump, but if you have a lash comb, it's an easy fix.

I am able to build decent volume with it...but not staggeringly shocking volume. For more lush, abundant lashes, I apply Tarte’s Opening Act primer, or a base coat of Charlotte Tilbury’s Legendary Lashes before applying Kiss Me Heroine. Tilbury’s mascara isn’t waterproof and has been known to smudge on occasion. With Isehan’s mascara on top of it, I have the best of both worlds: a smudge-free eye and thick, long lashes. If you have naturally thick or long lashes, you won't need a primer. (My lashes need the extra help.)

This mascara holds a curl beautifully. It's available in brown as well as black. I purchased black but it's nice to know there's another color for a subtle, natural look.

Isehan's mascara doesn’t make the lashes feel stiff to the touch, and doesn’t weigh them down. It doesn’t contain annoying fragrance or anything else irritating. I wear contacts and I have sensitive eyes that occasionally water. I have had no trouble using this. And it's not very expensive, even for an import. I paid about $10 USD which also covered the shipping.

In fact the only real negative is a predictable one. Waterproof mascaras are notorious for being more difficult to wash off and this is no exception. Cinema Secrets Break It Down makeup remover takes it off, and so does MAC's cleansing oil. But it you accidentally get some mascara on your lid during application, plain water on a Q-tip doesn't remove it. I have since purchased Isehan’s mascara remover (the one with the wand) and I will probably order the two products together from now on…just for my own sanity.

If you live in the States, it takes weeks for this item to ship from Japan. You have to plan ahead. I would buy this again as long as I have time to wait for the shipment. If I need mascara immediately, Urban Decay Cannonball is widely available in the U.S. and it holds up when I swim. However, Cannonball costs $20. Isehan Kiss Me Heroine Make Volume & Curl Super Waterproof is more affordable.

on 12/16/2016 8:26:00 AM

I tried this one first for quite awhile before making the other variant mascara (Long and Curl Mascara) my holy grail.

I really tried to make this mascara work for me, but sadly the Long and Curl mascara outperformed this one tremendously. Although it does hold your curls, does a great job in volumizing my lashes, thickening the lashes, and is smudgeproof, I must say that this mascara clumps a lot! A whole lotta lot compared to the long and curl one. The long and curl doesnt clump or make your lashes stick to each other whatsoever! The long and curl mascara also held up my curls really well and also volumizes your lashes as well.

This is still a good mascara, and I would recommend it for those who want to volumize and make their lashes appear thicker. But beware of the clumpiness that comes with it!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

If I want a mascara that will last through the sweatiest of workouts or playing in the mud with elephants or go stand up paddle boarding, I turn to this mascara.

I discovered this four years ago when I was an exchange student in Japan, my wimpy lashes never liked the American formulations but once trying this Kiss Me mascara, I never knew my lashes could be so perky and defined. When I moved back home, it was pretty expensive to order this online, but now that I am back in Asia, I am reunited with the best waterproof, curling, voluminizing, separating mascara. No joke, I do wear this mascara for the more extreme outdoor activities and it won't smudge or flake on me, curl is still intact. Only down side is that this expensive outside of Asia and dual phase eye makeup remover is essential to getting this bulletproof formula off.

At roughly $12 CAD, I will for sure be stocking up on this mascara before I leave Asia!

This is THE BEST MASCARA I'VE EVER TRIED!
I got the older version, the one with a pink metallic cap, not the ombre one.
Comparing it to lash sensational from maybelline, this is blacker, more lengthening and holds the curl WAYYY better!
The curls may not look as perky as how it was when my lashes are first curled, but it will maintain the curls throughout the whole day.
The only downside is it gets clumpy easy and if the mascara get onto my eyelid, it will be difficult to remove it since its super waterproof. This can be a problem if I applied eyeshadow.

Despite that, the pros just outweighs the cons for me so will 100% repurchase!

on 8/23/2016 5:29:00 PM

Love this.

Only my second day of wearing it so far, but it's the only mascara I've tried that's actually held a curl. I have straight lashes and usually after curling with a lash curler & putting mascara on the curl doesn't tend to last, but with this my curl held all day.

It's quite a wet formula. It definitely gives volume. It doesn't separate the lashes, but that doesn't bother me too much. I always use clarins double fix on top of all mascaras, which makes them all flakeproof and waterproof, so I can't comment on those factors. I'm not a lover of layering mascara either as I tend to think it makes my lashes look spidery, but to be honest just one coat is enough to give a really good effect. It's a great price and I'll definitely repurchase.

on 6/18/2016 12:59:00 AM

So, I haven't stopped using this mascara for at least five years. It is that good.

I have extremely round cheeks, smile A LOT and, as a result, cause most of my eye products to migrate over the course of the day. The panda-eye struggle is real, you guys. This damn fine mascara, however, is one of the few things that can take the heat (and sweat and oil and smiles). I can't remember if the one I use most is the long + curl or the volume + curl, but either way, the formula is the same, it's just the brush that differs.

And the formula is the stuff dreams are made of. It is black. It has fibres. It is waterproof. It does. not. budge. To the point where you NEED an oil based make up remover and a little bit of patience. That is probably the only drawback. You do need a proper remover for this (or better yet, buy the weird Heroine Make mascara remover that they make especially for this). It's a good price too, usually $15-20AUD, depending where you buy it from.

HG mascara, I will never waiver on this and always evangelise it to my friends/family/people at bus stops.

on 3/6/2016 12:50:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

A solid, affordable mascara! I have very straight lashes that don't hold any curl except with this one. Heroine make has a formula that makes your lashes very stiff, which is why the curl will hold and the volume is also decent. It stays the whole day, doesn't smudge and make sure you have a good cleanser to take it off, because once you apply it, it stays where you've put it, which is why I love Japanese mascaras in general.

The reason I took one lippie off is because this mascara doesn't preform very well when it comes to separating the lashes and can give you a sort of spider leg lashes if you apply it directly, so I advice you to take a tissue first and remove the excess product first before applying it on the lashes and you'll end up with beautiful results and can even go for up fo 5 coats without overdoing it. I think I will also try out the long&curl mascara from Heroine Make.

on 1/20/2016 7:00:00 PM

HOOOLLY GRAAIL mascara! The best mascara I have ever tried using, and am pretty sure it will be one of, if not, the greatest mascaras I will try in my life. My usually stick, straight, short lashes curl up perfectly with a great amount of volume using this mascara. A little hard to remove, but a good cleanser should do the job easily. Waterproof and smudgeproof, an extra bonus to the alredy great volume and curl it gives. Only problem is that I purchased this while on holiday in Asia, and have run out. Am desperate to repurchase somehow, because my search for replacement mascaras is failing quite miserably as nothing seems to live up to this one. DEFINITELY would recommend!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've had this mascara for a few weeks and it's honestly really good. It makes my lashes a lot longer and gives a lot of volume. It also holds the curl for a very long time. The only problem I have with this is that it's not the easiest to take off, but if you have a good makeup remover you won't have any problems. Other than that, it's a really really good mascara and the brush makes it easier to apply to top and bottom lashes since it's not that big.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This is my holy grail mascara! Hold curl all day, pitch black, volumizing, lengthening, no smudges at all. It does perfoms what the mascara should do. Some of my friends even asked me whether I wear fake lashes when I used this mascara. The only con that I feel is this stuff is so hard to remove. Please make sure to use oil base makeup remover to take it off. I used bioderma once and it was not removed at all. If you have more budget, Kiss Me also have the mascara remover so you might want to buy it also. I haven't tried their mascara remover but I heard that it does good job on removing kiss me mascara.

Popular Mascaras