Isehan KissMe Heroine Make Volume and Curl Mascara Black

Isehan KissMe Heroine Make Volume and Curl Mascara Black

4.2

on 6/18/2016 12:59:00 AM

So, I haven't stopped using this mascara for at least five years. It is that good.

I have extremely round cheeks, smile A LOT and, as a result, cause most of my eye products to migrate over the course of the day. The panda-eye struggle is real, you guys. This damn fine mascara, however, is one of the few things that can take the heat (and sweat and oil and smiles). I can't remember if the one I use most is the long + curl or the volume + curl, but either way, the formula is the same, it's just the brush that differs.

And the formula is the stuff dreams are made of. It is black. It has fibres. It is waterproof. It does. not. budge. To the point where you NEED an oil based make up remover and a little bit of patience. That is probably the only drawback. You do need a proper remover for this (or better yet, buy the weird Heroine Make mascara remover that they make especially for this). It's a good price too, usually $15-20AUD, depending where you buy it from.

HG mascara, I will never waiver on this and always evangelise it to my friends/family/people at bus stops.

on 3/6/2016 12:50:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

A solid, affordable mascara! I have very straight lashes that don't hold any curl except with this one. Heroine make has a formula that makes your lashes very stiff, which is why the curl will hold and the volume is also decent. It stays the whole day, doesn't smudge and make sure you have a good cleanser to take it off, because once you apply it, it stays where you've put it, which is why I love Japanese mascaras in general.

The reason I took one lippie off is because this mascara doesn't preform very well when it comes to separating the lashes and can give you a sort of spider leg lashes if you apply it directly, so I advice you to take a tissue first and remove the excess product first before applying it on the lashes and you'll end up with beautiful results and can even go for up fo 5 coats without overdoing it. I think I will also try out the long&curl mascara from Heroine Make.

To Read all 133 Reviews, Login or Join

on 1/20/2016 7:00:00 PM

HOOOLLY GRAAIL mascara! The best mascara I have ever tried using, and am pretty sure it will be one of, if not, the greatest mascaras I will try in my life. My usually stick, straight, short lashes curl up perfectly with a great amount of volume using this mascara. A little hard to remove, but a good cleanser should do the job easily. Waterproof and smudgeproof, an extra bonus to the alredy great volume and curl it gives. Only problem is that I purchased this while on holiday in Asia, and have run out. Am desperate to repurchase somehow, because my search for replacement mascaras is failing quite miserably as nothing seems to live up to this one. DEFINITELY would recommend!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've had this mascara for a few weeks and it's honestly really good. It makes my lashes a lot longer and gives a lot of volume. It also holds the curl for a very long time. The only problem I have with this is that it's not the easiest to take off, but if you have a good makeup remover you won't have any problems. Other than that, it's a really really good mascara and the brush makes it easier to apply to top and bottom lashes since it's not that big.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This is my holy grail mascara! Hold curl all day, pitch black, volumizing, lengthening, no smudges at all. It does perfoms what the mascara should do. Some of my friends even asked me whether I wear fake lashes when I used this mascara. The only con that I feel is this stuff is so hard to remove. Please make sure to use oil base makeup remover to take it off. I used bioderma once and it was not removed at all. If you have more budget, Kiss Me also have the mascara remover so you might want to buy it also. I haven't tried their mascara remover but I heard that it does good job on removing kiss me mascara.

on 9/18/2014 5:37:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I'm always looking for a mascara that will keep my lashes curled while somewhat volumising. In summary, I think this mascara definitely keeps lashes curled and I don't need to curl again after applying mascara (but if you want to have super curled lashes then you can go ahead and do that) and I think it lengthens quite well too, but despite its name 'VOLUME and curl', i don't think it adds that much volume. Maybe apart from the fact that i got the mascara in black so my lashes look somewhat thicker because they look a bit darker. But I didn't expect it to be super volumising anyway after reading many reviews and the mascara formula is quite watery as well so I think that's why it doesn't volumise lashes as well but keeps curls intact because the formula isn't so thick and heavy.

I'd also suggest buying the special mascara remover this brand has for this mascara. I tried using numerous wipes and makeup removers and the mascara (note: I have the waterproof version) doesn't budge! There's a pack including the mascara and the mascara remover out there which I got from sasa.com and it's only about $2 more expensive than buying the mascara by itself, so if you're remotely interested in this mascara I would suggest looking for this two-pack. Otherwise, it's a fantastic mascara superior to many drugstore mascaras I've tried BUT I'd still like to find one that is a bit more volumising. If such a mascara doesn't exist, this will do. And I'm gonna keep repurchasing.

Other pros about this mascara: it doesn't really clump, the thin mascara brush makes it so much easier to get to the outer and inner corners of the eyes, and it's not expensive. I got it plus the mascara remover for around $16AUD on Sasa.

on 7/21/2014 11:31:00 PM

I used quite a few mascaras from Maybelline and Japanese brands. This mascara is good!

I used a Shu Uemura eyelash curler before this and my eyelahes curled properly till the end of the day. It also dries up quickly. It did provide volume but not as much as I expected it to. It lengthens quite a bit as well. Also, as mentioned by other reviewers, it is really waterproof!

Still looking out for my HG mascara and will explore more Japanese brands!

on 7/1/2014 10:38:00 AM

First off, I have straight lashes and can only use waterproof mascaras to hold the curls. I have been using this one along side my current favorite Urban Decay Cannonball mascara, just test this one out. I have to go say I don't think I will re-purchase this again. The wand isn't the easiest to work with, the formula made my lashes feel really stiff, and it is harder to take off at night compare to Cannonball. Both of these mascaras gave my lashes an overall similar look and held the curls well though. But Cannonball was less clumpy and separated out my lashes much better, giving them more of a natural look rather than spidery. That being said, I don't think Kiss Me Heroine Make volume and curl is a bad mascara. I just have found better =)
Edit: I wear contact lenses and this mascara has been irritating and drying my eyes pretty bad.

on 5/21/2014 11:44:00 AM

I bought because of the awesome experience with the long and curl version. To my disappointment, this product doesn't give volume at all! Plus I really hate the wand-brush. It doesn't fit my lashes and is a pain to navigate around (took off one lippie for this). This is basically the long and curl version wrapped in 'volume and curl' packaging. Putting aside the annoying wand this is still a good mascara but don't buy it if you're looking for something that will give volume - it disappoints. So, not buying this again, I'll just stick to the long and curl version.

on 11/9/2013 7:20:00 AM

Worth a purchase!

Before I rave about this product, just wanted to mention that I've noticed some reviews advising that, it's really difficult to remove this mascara. Thankfully, I haven't experienced anything like that at all. I use Bioderma Sebium H20 for combination skin (blue/green bottle) and the mascara just glides right off! I can even see remnants of the fiberwig on my cotton balls.

**EDIT** - Besides Bioderma, I've recently started using SkinFood's Milkshake Point Remover to get wipe off the mascara and it works really well!

I've been using Latisse for the past 2 years to help my stumpy asian lashes, resulting in an increase in the amount and length of my lashes. I've also been using Benefit's It's Real mascara and can safely say the Kiss Me Volume & Curl is far better.

The Kiss Me mascara does increase the volume of my lashes and holds the curl from my Utowa eyelasher curler. Best of all, it has real staying power and I haven't noticed any smudging at the end of a long day. The wand does get a bit messy with product sometimes though.