Mary Kay Mineral Powder Foundation

Mary Kay Mineral Powder Foundation

3.7

Talc , Zea Mays (Corn) Starch , Zinc Stearate , Dimethicone , Boron Nitride , Zeolite , Methylparaben , Sorbic Acid , Ethylene/Methacrylate Copolymer , Propylparaben , Tetrasodium EDTA , Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate , BHT , Iron Oxides , Mica

on 6/15/2016 7:48:00 AM

I've been using the MK Mineral Powder Foundation for a few years. It really is my go to makeup product. I like the light feel and the fact that it does not look caked on. It gives my face a nice even tone without clogging up my pores. I use beige 1, my daughter uses ivory 1. Both match us perfectly.

With a good makeup brush (I use MK's) it goes on evenly and I do not need to touch it up during the day. I have to remind myself to tap out the brush, or I end up with wasted product on the counter :) It is on the pricier side, but I gladly pay it.

on 3/2/2016 8:58:00 PM

This is the only mineral powder foundation that I've ever liked. It's the only one with a shade fair enough to suit my skin tone, it's matte, it's long lasting....I never have to do any touch ups, my natural skin shines through (no masklike appearance), it doesn't break me out, no cakey oil disasters. It's great! I haven't found a single thing to replace it, though I've tried. I just don't like the fact that I can't just go down and grab it at some store, and it seems like a lot of work and effort to get it through a consultant. Maybe I'll try their website...

To Read all 184 Reviews, Login or Join

I really do love this product. I actually can't believe I haven't posted a review on it already because I have used it for almost 2 years. It is a very nice powder foundation. The best thing about it for me is that it does not break me out. It has a mild smell, but it is it not that noticeable in my opinion. It doesn't oxidize. The only thing I wish could be different about it is the bit of shimmer in the formula. I hate shimmery foundations, but the shimmer in this product is subtle enough for me to put up with. It gives medium to full coverage when worn over a concealer or liquid foundation. It has a very matte finish which I love, the packaging is great, and it isn't that expensive. It's between drugstore and high end. I will probably repurchase this in the future.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Colors where decent but this did not wear well on my oily skin.
It would get cakey and gross looking.
Also I broke out much more when trying this.

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I love to use it as a powder to my liquid foundation it doesn't give that cakey look. With the use of big face brush and it work just fine.

on 7/20/2015 10:16:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I used this years ago and recently re-ordered.
being a powder fohndstion, it gives sheer coverage, but when I build it up or apply it over liquid foundation, it doesn't give that powdery cakey look!
I like the packaging. it's simple and look a good on a vanity. most importantly, it has the sifter-lock for travel or when you're not using it! I have easily pryed the top of the container off to get to the very last but of powder haha

mary kay shades match me really well and the shades are just really pure. they're not too pink or too yellow...unless you order a shade that is meant to be that tone.
there's no mix up of color, no weird sparkle in it, it's just pure makeup which I love!

I am normally not a fan of mineral makeup because of the mess and lack of coverage, but for some reason I like this!
I feel like mary kay skincare and face products are great quality! I usually pass on eyeshadow and lip gloss, but their skincare is fantastic, foundations and phenomenal, I love their lip treatments and a couple lipsticks.

This is just good, pure powder!
It doesn't make me break out like bare minerals and many other powders did. this is far superior than bare minerals in many aspects.
shade ivory 2 is perfect for my nc25 skin

on 3/21/2015 8:52:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I was not expecting much from this powder but itís really good. I feels light on the skin yet it has very good coverage, almost like the Mac studio fix powder minus the break outs. This does not make me break out at all. It covers my acne scars very well and evens out my skin tone quite nicely. I was matched wrong (beige 1) which is too dark but I like to use it in the summer when Iím tan. I wouldnít repurchase because they donít have a shade that matches my skin tone well I wish they had a bigger selection of colors, they donít appear to have any for yellow under tones.

on 12/23/2014 10:05:00 PM

I am not a MK rep, and never have been.

NC25 skin, I wear Ivory 2 in this powder.

I've tried neutrogena, physician's formula, bare minerals and other loose powders, and the powders are either too chalky, cakey or pink based for my skin. This powder matches my skin tone and feels like air.

I get cystic acne from time to time (ahem, hormones...) and this makeup does not make it worse. It has not caused a breakout.

It's expensive, but you get a lot of product, and it lasts a long time. Buy a good powder brush (I like sephora synethic multitasker #45) that will apply it evenly.

Really, my only complaint is the price.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I like Mary Kay Mineral Powder Foundation, but it's not my favorite powder foundation. I don't have perfect skin & do prefer a fuller coverage for my blemishes. I do get a little, but it does start caking & looking ashy if I try to build it up. I don't recommend this particular makeup if you have scarring, redness, discoloration, or ace. I mostly wear it when I'm rushing & don't have time to mess around with a liquid foundation or days I really want a natural look. If you're a diva in everyday life, you won't like this. Despite having oily skin & needing a powder foundation for absorbing the extra oil on my face, I donít particularly like this foundation because it finishes powdery & not matte. The powder disappeared into my face after only a few hoursóitís worst during the summer months. I have Beige 1 & I see a little shimmer or glitter, which I love because Iím a glitter junkie. I have sensitive, acne-prone skin & I didnít break out or have any sort of reaction. In my opinion, there are 3 cons: the fallout, the packaging, & the cost.

If you're putting on a full face, put this on first. The excess amount of product that falls off my face area is horrible; Iím a moron & made the mistake of applying this while wearing a white shirtóyikes! The sifter inside my package must've come lose because I always have a ton of excess powder inside the jar & it's a nightmare to open sometimes. Finally, itís kind of expensive. It costs $20 & that isn't bad for a good quality foundationÖ it's high-priced for a .28 oz jar in my opinion. Iím going to hold on to it & see if I like it any better or if thereís any difference in the fall/winter months.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

If I couldn't find something else I like better I would buy this again, but that's not likely.
I wouldn't call this a foundation. For me, it's best use is as a setting powder for my liquid foundation. Since it's darker than my skin (I normally use the palest, coolest foundation available and I have this in beige 1) I can also use it as a light bronzer. It's pretty good for what i use it for and unless it's the summer it stays on (and keeps my other makeup on) for a good bit of time.