Mary Kay Mineral Powder Foundation

Mary Kay Mineral Powder Foundation

3.7

Talc , Zea Mays (Corn) Starch , Zinc Stearate , Dimethicone , Boron Nitride , Zeolite , Methylparaben , Sorbic Acid , Ethylene/Methacrylate Copolymer , Propylparaben , Tetrasodium EDTA , Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate , BHT , Iron Oxides , Mica

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

kinda expensive but it is worth the money. very comparable to Mac foundation. the brush is ok, it sheds like crazy. but you could always use the brush for touch ups or to keep in your makeup bag for emergencies

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

Probably the best powder I've tried so far. When I bought it, I had little hope and, really, I'm surprised. I do not have too many pimples, but I have very large pores and oily skin. It covers enough, leaves a matte finish, but not dry or fake. I use it with the POREfessional primer and my skin looks soft and fresh. As for the packaging, the mirror at the top is great, but the makeup is a bit awkward to use.

on 6/15/2016 7:48:00 AM

I've been using the MK Mineral Powder Foundation for a few years. It really is my go to makeup product. I like the light feel and the fact that it does not look caked on. It gives my face a nice even tone without clogging up my pores. I use beige 1, my daughter uses ivory 1. Both match us perfectly.

With a good makeup brush (I use MK's) it goes on evenly and I do not need to touch it up during the day. I have to remind myself to tap out the brush, or I end up with wasted product on the counter :) It is on the pricier side, but I gladly pay it.

on 3/2/2016 8:58:00 PM

This is the only mineral powder foundation that I've ever liked. It's the only one with a shade fair enough to suit my skin tone, it's matte, it's long lasting....I never have to do any touch ups, my natural skin shines through (no masklike appearance), it doesn't break me out, no cakey oil disasters. It's great! I haven't found a single thing to replace it, though I've tried. I just don't like the fact that I can't just go down and grab it at some store, and it seems like a lot of work and effort to get it through a consultant. Maybe I'll try their website...

I really do love this product. I actually can't believe I haven't posted a review on it already because I have used it for almost 2 years. It is a very nice powder foundation. The best thing about it for me is that it does not break me out. It has a mild smell, but it is it not that noticeable in my opinion. It doesn't oxidize. The only thing I wish could be different about it is the bit of shimmer in the formula. I hate shimmery foundations, but the shimmer in this product is subtle enough for me to put up with. It gives medium to full coverage when worn over a concealer or liquid foundation. It has a very matte finish which I love, the packaging is great, and it isn't that expensive. It's between drugstore and high end. I will probably repurchase this in the future.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Colors where decent but this did not wear well on my oily skin.
It would get cakey and gross looking.
Also I broke out much more when trying this.

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I love to use it as a powder to my liquid foundation it doesn't give that cakey look. With the use of big face brush and it work just fine.

on 7/20/2015 10:16:00 AM

I used this years ago and recently re-ordered.
being a powder fohndstion, it gives sheer coverage, but when I build it up or apply it over liquid foundation, it doesn't give that powdery cakey look!
I like the packaging. it's simple and look a good on a vanity. most importantly, it has the sifter-lock for travel or when you're not using it! I have easily pryed the top of the container off to get to the very last but of powder haha

mary kay shades match me really well and the shades are just really pure. they're not too pink or too yellow...unless you order a shade that is meant to be that tone.
there's no mix up of color, no weird sparkle in it, it's just pure makeup which I love!

I am normally not a fan of mineral makeup because of the mess and lack of coverage, but for some reason I like this!
I feel like mary kay skincare and face products are great quality! I usually pass on eyeshadow and lip gloss, but their skincare is fantastic, foundations and phenomenal, I love their lip treatments and a couple lipsticks.

This is just good, pure powder!
It doesn't make me break out like bare minerals and many other powders did. this is far superior than bare minerals in many aspects.
shade ivory 2 is perfect for my nc25 skin

on 3/21/2015 8:52:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I was not expecting much from this powder but it’s really good. I feels light on the skin yet it has very good coverage, almost like the Mac studio fix powder minus the break outs. This does not make me break out at all. It covers my acne scars very well and evens out my skin tone quite nicely. I was matched wrong (beige 1) which is too dark but I like to use it in the summer when I’m tan. I wouldn’t repurchase because they don’t have a shade that matches my skin tone well I wish they had a bigger selection of colors, they don’t appear to have any for yellow under tones.

on 12/23/2014 10:05:00 PM

I am not a MK rep, and never have been.

NC25 skin, I wear Ivory 2 in this powder.

I've tried neutrogena, physician's formula, bare minerals and other loose powders, and the powders are either too chalky, cakey or pink based for my skin. This powder matches my skin tone and feels like air.

I get cystic acne from time to time (ahem, hormones...) and this makeup does not make it worse. It has not caused a breakout.

It's expensive, but you get a lot of product, and it lasts a long time. Buy a good powder brush (I like sephora synethic multitasker #45) that will apply it evenly.

Really, my only complaint is the price.