Yankee Candles Sun and Sand

Yankee Candles Sun and Sand

4.6

on 5/12/2008 11:10:00 AM

This is one of my favorites! The smell totally brings back memories of going to the beach with my family. Its subtle and pleasant. I will say that the scent is stronger in the jar than a votive.

on 4/12/2008 11:34:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

Oh yes Coppertone! love this--it is so strong!

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought the car gel version of this scent. Yep, it is coppertone suntan lotion! The gel was super strong in my car, and it is still going 3 weeks later.

I am going to see about the tarts and candles now. It is perfumey, so I'm not too sure that I will like it a lot in the house.

This is one of the scents I just do not like. There arent many scents I dont like but for some reason I just dont like this one..I think it smells more like Coppertone than anything else...there are many beach themed scents that smell alot better, such as Beachwalk and Cottage Breeze.

on 9/8/2007 4:53:00 PM

I'm starting to wonder if I got a dud candle or something. I could barely smell anything from this, which is not usually an issue with Yankee. I got this sort of generic sweet scent, none of the nuances of sand and water and all that everyone else is getting, and barely any scent to boot. I may have to revisit this one, because my experience was nothing like what all the other reviewers are getting.

Perfect candle for the summer! It smells amazing, like warm sand and suntan lotion. If you like summer/beach smells, you will definitely like this one!

Tart. It was just Ok. I am not a huge fan of fresh scents. It smelled rather perfumey to me. I am not into fresh or perfumey scents and summer isn't my fav season so maybe this is why I didn't care for this tart. I wouldn't say it was dead on sand / beach like the others thought but resembled it. However my boyfriend liked it. If I did repurchase, I would only burn in the summer. The tart was strong. I can't complain about the throw! As always rmy complaints about YC in general is the price ( paid 1.92 for the tart) and I wish it was soy. May or may not repurchase.

on 7/31/2007 4:16:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I had a hard time deciding between this scent and Citrus Ginger, but I ultimately picked Sun and Sand, and I'm glad I did! The smell is so nostalgic for me, reminds me of lazy summers at beach houses and smelling the salty and sweet ocean air as it wafted over the screened-in porch where I would spent hours reading in the evening. It's my new favorite smell! I also own the French Vanilla, but I like to burn that more in the winter; it's a very cozy smell and I like the Sun and Sand for summer as a refreshing scent.

on 7/1/2007 1:05:00 AM

This is Coppertone (or is it Sea and Ski?), make no mistake. It's even got the sand down pat, just the way that it sticks to your hot,suntan lotion-slathered skin. It is so eerily accurate that it immediately calls to mind sand in your pants, sunburn, and large striped beach umbrellas. Unfortunately, as the poster below noticed, it doesn't really have much throw (I am referring to the 22 ounce jar). It is one of the most subtle Yankee scents, which is a real shame since it presents such an evocative experience and a pleasant, carefree one. Perhaps the way to go is the electric burners. I, too, wish there were a perfume that smelled like this. It smells of jasmine, sea spray, heat on hot pebbles, salt, and sunburn. It is not a marine candle. For such a scent memory, why on earth did they have to make it so subdued?

on 5/21/2007 7:35:00 PM

I am in love with this scent. I first tried the tarts and the scent throw was great. I bought a pair of the 22 oz jars and the throw wasn't as great. It isn't an in your face fragrance to begin with but if they could improve the throw on the candle I would buy more candles. I will continue to buy the tarts in this scent. Probably going to stock up since it sounds like a seasonal fragrance.

Popular Candles