Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Daily Scrub

Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Daily Scrub

3.9

Active Ingredient: Salicylic Acid (2%). Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cetyl Alcohol, PPG-15 Stearyl Ether, Polyethylene Glycolic Acid, Glycerin, Polysorbate 60, Steareth-21, C12-15 Alkyl Lactate, Cetyl Lactate, BHT, Neopentyl glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Disodium, EDTA, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Benzotriazolyl, Butylphenol Sulfonate, Sodium Hydroxide, Agar, Menthol, Benzalkonium Chloride, Iron Dioxide, Mica, Red 40, Red 30 Lake, Yellow 5, Titanium Dioxide, Fragrance

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this product from a recommendation that my co-worker gave me because I have oily skin, and it was making me break out badly. For the first month, I followed the instructions as directed - washed every night and every morning but after a while it became too time consuming so I only stuck with once a night, and it still works SO well. Not to mention you only really have to use a dime size, so the bottle lasts you a really long time. It helped get rid of all my blemishes and people even commented on how nice my face looked. <3 Amazing product!! And remember; to keep acne away, prevention is the key.

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I'm on my second bottle right now and I still love it. If I were to not find this product, I would still be having acne on my forehead, nose, and around my mouth. Before I started using this product, my forehead had a whole bunch of pimples, the bottom of my mouth had these weird bumps that aren't example pimple, just weird bumps, same with the side of my mouth, it also cleared up the blackhead on my nose though it's not really "suppose" to, but I got lazy and stopped using it and the blackheads are back, lol, oh wells. I honestly don't remember how long it took to clear my skin up (I still don't have perfect skin but it's still better than before).

This product has small white beads in it along with bigger orange beads. It's supposed to clean the skin and get rid of excess oil.

I personally don't use it as a scrub, I just apply it on my T-zone where I need it - I don't apply a layer either, I kind of make a thicker which I don't think I need... (anyways) then I scrub it off about 3 minutes later in circle motion.

WARNING: For SOME people, they react to this product about a month of use and will get really, really bad breakout, I took the risk of using it and luckily I didn't breakout and it worked for me but it will breakout some people. This also makes your skin sun-sensitive so use sunscreen, I personally don't use sunscreen just because I apply it mostly on my forehead and my bangs cover it so it's like whatever.

Also, the reason why I didn't give it a 5 is because it doesn't completely leave my skin pimple-free, I still get the occasional here and there on rare occassions. continued >>

on 4/26/2010 2:08:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

This is a great scrub. I use it every other day or so, in the shower as my scrub (not as my cleanser) and have gone through a few tubes over the years. It's gentle and doesn't scrach my skin, but leaves it feeling soft and smooth. I like that this has 2% salicylic acid 'cause it tingles and feels like it's doing something, but isn't the least bit drying. I've just picked up the newer green "acne stress control" scrub and will give that a go now .. hopefully it's as great or even better!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

ok so let me start off by saying that this product is AWESOMENESS. i have oily skin and before i found this god-send item, NOTHING worked for me. not even st. ives and clearasil!! (they were ok, but too drying) me and my mom picked this out because then (being 13) just realized that i had oily skin and it said oil-free.i've been using this product for a year and a half now and it worked good for my skin. the results are not like excellent, but over time i did see a great change to my skin~~ i only use this at night in the shower and rarely in the morning (i only do if i didnt the night before) also i use it with a spot treatment at times and it works well too~~ this leaves ur face soft after washing~~ for me, since using this i've only tried out another neutrogena face wash but immediately went back to this. as for the packaging, when i'm almost finished, i cut it open to scoop out the the remaining because it could get frustrating if u just try and squeeze it. the price for this is pretty good too~

on 2/18/2010 6:48:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Omg! HG HG HG! I loooooooooooove this stuff. I have been using this for the past couple of years. It has been THE best thing for keeping my skin clear, and I've tried a ton of products. I've written reviews on several of the cleansers I've tried, and liked at the time, but none of them have given me as good results. I totally stock up on these whenever they go on sale because I know I'll go thru them. It take me about 1.5 months to use up one tube. I use this stuff morning and night. I don't follow it up with anything, no moisturizer, no BP, no SA, nothing...just straight to makeup if its the morning (I have oily skin though). I will occasionally get a blemish during TOTM and will dab on some spot treatment after washing with this, but aside from that NO breakouts whatsoever.

Oh, the only time I do deviate from using this is when I go to the carribean on vacation..using sunscreen and being in humid weather makes my skin more oily and congested, so I use the neutrogena graprefruit scented scrub (can't remember the exact name), I think it has 2% SA in it, its more drying than this cleanser, but it works great for when I'm oilier. I initially bought the graprefruit stuff because I thought it smelled nicer and wanted to just switch over to it, but turns out it dries me out too much at home (which is in Canada).

Anyway, if you try this product stick with it through the whole tube to give a fair chance. When I first tried it I thought the creamy texture would break me out, I always tended towards trasnparent cleansers which actually made my skin dry, this stuff seems to leave my skin properly balanced. I love it!!

on 2/6/2010 10:18:00 PM

Ive been using this in the mornings before my clinique cleanser. I feel like its evening out my skintone. It leaves my skin feeling soft and i like the way it feels on my skin when im using it. I will buy this again but not before i try the other scrub neutrogena has.

on 1/31/2010 1:37:00 PM

Wow! I'm surprised by all the negative reviews on this. I'm on my fourth tube and I find this is a good cleanser for my oily skin. It removes all the excess oil from my skin without overdrying and has never caused me to breakout. I use this every other day in the shower and it has never caused any irritation.
As for exfoliation, I think my St. Ives scrub is a little better (see my review for that) but this is a good scrub for more gentle exfoliation if you exfoliate more often.

on 1/29/2010 3:31:00 PM

I use this when I shower after the warm water has loosened my skin up a bit. I find that exfoliate a few times a week keeps my skin clear and helps prevent break outs. I also use the scrubbing body wash and I find these to be a great combination. Love the line

on 1/2/2010 11:51:00 PM

The packaging is a no brainer and the price is moderate. But I have to agree with other MUA-ers that this product broke me out like never before. I am sitting here with 5 cystic pimples and I am putting my finger on this one item. Have used it for about a week and this must be the culprit. URGH!

-- UPDATE --
I dug this up from my stash and have since used it as a body scrub for my back which sometimes breaks out. It's been good so far and I'm almost reaching the bottom of the tube. At least it's useful for something other than a face scrub!

on 12/5/2009 10:02:00 PM

Didn't really like this, I'm just not a fan of face scrubs, it feels harsh on the skin.