Gigi All Purpose Honee Microwave Formula Wax Kit

Gigi All Purpose Honee Microwave Formula Wax Kit

3.9

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

This is for the microwavable jar. Since my hair is more course, theres not alot of wax that works for me. But this one works great. I bought the jar, cloth strips, and some wood applicators. Its messy but you just have to learn how to do it. It didnt leave a single hair when i waxed! Just make sure you dont heat it up too much because if its too warm on the skin and you wax it, it may pull some skin off too! so be careful. I would only recommend this to people who know how to wax properly.

on 10/30/2007 6:50:00 PM

i loved this at first. the first few times it worked really well. after that it seemed to lose it's effectiveness. and it never did well on a bikini area. just facial. i bought a warmer and the gigi dark wax and never looked back.

on 8/28/2007 4:12:00 AM

If you are used to using a hard stripless wax like Poetic Waxing, you will like this product. But you have to get used to it's texture. It is very very sticky and needs to harden on your skin for longer than the poetic wax.

And do not ever ever use it without putting the oil stuff on first, you will regret it!

The microwave formula is SO much more convenient than the poetic, it also stays soft longer so it saves time and not having to make a bain marie is great.

Dear Lord what a nightmare. The waxing part was messy and it was SO STICKY! It took HOURS to get the wax off my legs; I tried everything from the lotion that came to the kit to Azulene oil to finally my Neutrogena Makeup Remover pads that worked and managed to get all the residue off. Ahh. Horrible. Never repeating again.

on 5/31/2007 11:34:00 AM

I use this for my bikini and underarms. Its the only stuff that took off every single hair that I applied the wax too without any painful oopsies ( like when the wax doesnt come off and all you did was pull your skin). I havent used it for my legs yet because I use Nair's roll-on for that since its quicker and easier with the roll-on and washes off since its sugar wax. Id like to get the kind that I can warm up with the warmer so I dont have to keep going back to the mic after it gets to thick and gooey. When doing the bikini I dont like how when I get to the thicker-lower area, the end product from the strip of wax you apply doesnt come off and just gets stuck in the hairs in a little clump, probably becaues of the way I applied it or the hair is too long or theres too much of it. I dont know, but ill figure out what Im doing wrong with that. Maybe ill try the stripless kind, but I hope that doesnt make it worse. When that happens I take some vaseline and rub it around the whole area to get any of those stickies off. I wish sugar wax worked as good, then you good just wash it off=)

on 4/29/2007 1:38:00 PM

I bought the kit with the warmer, wax, lotions and waxing tools....what a waste! This wax is awful! It takes at least 15 minutes to fully heat up and melt in the warmer and is never hot going on. I used it successfully the first time by removing almost all the hairs on my legs (with some reapplications). I also had some reddness and irritation more than usual. I thought this stuff was great until I went to clean up; this is the messiest wax that sticks to everything! You have to scrub to get the wax off your skin since it isn't water soluable and no wax remover for skin was included. I thought the wax would be worth is since I wouldn't have to use it that much and just deal with the mess. Well, it turns out that the wax sucks at removing hairs! (dont use on bikini area...so painful, wax would not come off and about 5 hairs were removed!) This wax only been breaks hairs off close to the skin instead of removing the root! I had stubble about a day later! I've tried this stuff over and over again with different lengths of hair, but still the same results.
I've actually had better results with Sally Hansen's cheap white chocolate wax (which is water soluable!) and the no heat wax strips! Save your money and buy a wax that actually removes the full hair.

on 3/11/2007 7:38:00 PM

This is actually for the Brazilian Bikini Wax by the same company. It's essentially the same kit I think- only this one doesn't require muslin strips. You heat the wax, and while it's nice and warm you spread over the area- the wax cools and rips out all of the hair. I had to go over some areas with a tweezer afterwards. but this stuff works great. I actually managed to do my own bikini which is a feat unto itself! oh, and if you do this get one of these kits- make sure to heat the wax enough so it's not too sticky, and GET THE NUMBING SPRAY. I couldn't have done this without that spray. I'm a total wimp. I can't believe how smooth my bikini line is right now, and I'm looking forward to doing my underarms when the hair is long enough. I've been waiting for a product like this one- and this kit is awesome.

on 1/10/2007 6:20:00 PM

Just tried this based on positive review here. What a disaster! The wax is very sticky, which might be good if it stuck to the hair and not everything else in sight. I believe that it got about 1/2 of the hair on my legs. The worst part was trying to get the residual off my legs and anywhere else that it got. Luckily I put paper down where I was waxing, but any drops that fell anywhere in the bathroom or on me just turned to goo. Also, the residual on my legs would not come off at all and just turned into a resin like material that is still there. I don't recommend this at all and I am going to try to return it to Sally tomorrow! For my money, I think a hard wax might work much better.

I hadn't tried to do my own waxing in a number of years, but the bug bit me again and the reviews here convinced me this was the one to try. It really is the best I've ever tried. Waxing on both my face and arms was absolutely flawless. No need to backtrack, silky smooth and no irritation. The kit ($14.99 at Sally's) is a nice introduction to their product line. I'm not a big fan of the extra products - they seem fine, but my waxing results so far haven't necessitated the extra time involved in using these, so a I'll buy a large container of just the wax next time. I would recommend picking up a package of applicator sticks when purchasing, as my kit didn't contain any. (I had craft sticks handy, so I didn't make the drive back to Sally's.) I will attempt my legs this weekend - fingers crossed that the results will be the same! Great product.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

gigi honey microwave wax is my HG wax. I bought the kit once but didnt *need* all the extra little samples that come with it so i now buy a jar of the wax, a package of the muslin strips, and the applicators. It is more cost efficient and lasts me for months. With one jar i can do both legs and my bikini line twice. It costs more than drugstore brands, but you get what you pay for. the drugstore brands i've tried suck. and just think how much cheaper it is than getting it professionally done. P.S. with waxing- practice makes perfect

UPDATE: I splurged and got the Gigi wax warmer and the Gigi honey wax in the metal container and it is sooooo worth it. But if you don't wax very often, this microwave formula works great.