Aquolina Pink Sugar

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
Aquolina Pink Sugar

3.7

I had to try Pink Sugar about six times before I fell in love with it. When I tried samples I recieved in swaps, I would only get a heavy, carmelly burnt-sugar scent that I found bland and not particularly unique. I kept sampling it though, because I had heard so much about it, and I was curious as to where this "cotton candy" was coming from. I even suspected bad samples and tried testing it on at department stores and...same thing. Well, one day I am at Sephora and I get a whiff of the fragrance the woman next to me is spraying...soft, pretty, whimsical, airy and sugary..what WAS that stuff? Much to my amazement, I saw a bottle of Pink Sugar in her hand! My nose had taken forever to adjust to it, but now it was like it couldn't get enough.

Pink Sugar sometimes verges on the danger of being too powdery, but saves itself in time, reminding you of its ethereal and delectable sugary sweetness. Wearing it gives you such a comforting, girly pretty feeling...you feel cozy and edible at the same time. It took a while to love, but now its a definite keeper for me.

I love this! After calling all the Sephora stores in my area who were all sold out forever, it seemed like, I broke down and bought it on sephora.com, which isn't too bad except for the fact that you get free shipping if it's over $75 so I just buy more stuff... (but that's another story altogether!) It does smell a little burnt sugary when you first put it on, but after a minute or two you get the cotton candy-marshmallow-vanilla smell. It is definitely overly sweet, which is what I love about it. It's so yummy you want to eat your arm!

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I like the smell of this perfume, its very sugary, it smells exactly like cotton candy. The only thing I don't like about it is that its a big too strong and overwhelming when you wear it, a slight hint of cotton candy is ok, but its just too much.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

After hearing so many raves about this on the board, I finally tried Pink Sugar on local Sephora (retails for $35, EDT spray 50 ml). But first, a nice MUAer sent me a small vial with the sample, and I tried it on at home by dabbing it on the wrist. It was a very sweet smell, but not too overwhelming, so I thought. The licorice note is prominent to my nose, along with some berries. It quickly dried down to a nice, sweet, burnt sugar note& vanilla.

Now, for the one in Sephora (from the atomizer). With only one spritz, my first impression was sickening, cloying, super sweet!! Supersweet that I have to rub my hands down with alcohol several times to get rid of the cloying smell. The licorice is definitely there, along with some sweet floral/berries rushing all at the same time, I hardly detect any orange or bergamot. After several hours, it dries down to a mellow burnt sugar and vanilla note, same as above.

It is definitely not a fragrance for me or anyone who cannot stand a cloyingly sweet fragrance. In fact, I'm still having headache from the experience (and it was perhaps 3-4 hours ago). But I can understand why some will find this scent irresistable, the vanilla and burnt sugar dry down can be very delicious. continued >>

on 5/8/2004 10:25:00 PM

Well good golly, you could knock me over with a feather: I am totally amazed to find myself head-over-heels in love with this warmly sweet, caramel-y concoction. Shoot, I'd nibble on my own neck if I could. Excellent Stay-Power. Thank you to the dear Sephora SA that insisted I try a sample!

Cloying, oversweet, candy-bar plus syrup plus industrial cakes...
Many young girls wear it here on their teenage high-hormonal bad smelling skin chemistry.
AArgg!!

Hmm a totally different kind twist of fragrance. I kinda don't like the smell when you first spray it on but it dries down to a nice Vanilla though.

on 5/14/2004 3:58:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Smells very very yummy. I love it on my 5 year old daughter. I just want to gobble her up...like warm, sweet, gooey marshmallow. I almost want to buy some just to spray on her. But, it is not something I would wear myself, as yummy as it is. Just doesn't fit my personality....I'm more of a vixen.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This product kinda surprised me. At first it smells almost sickly sweet, like cotton candy but when it dries down its a lovely true rich vanilla scent which i really like. Lasted about 6-7 hours and i wish it lasted longer so now i will try layering it with other products from the line.

Amazing. This stuff is addicting. I even did the "boyfriend" test and his description was, "I feel like I'm at a carnival eating cotton candy!" Thanks to all at MUA for recommending this. I am now candy crazy ;)
p.s. The bottle is really cute too! This is for all people that like to smell like candy!