Murad Skin Perfecting Lotion

3.7

Water (Aqua), Dicaprylyl Maleate, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Butylene Glycol,Glycerin, Sorbitan Stearate, Squalane, Stearic Acid, Retinol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Arnica Montana Flower Extract, Epilobium Angustifolium Flower/Leaf/Stem Extract, Palmitoyl Hydroxypropyltrimonium Amylopectin/Glycerin Crosspolymer, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Protein, Hydrolyzed Soy Flour, Spiraea Ulmaria Flower Extract , Honey Extract (Mel), Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth-20, Talc, C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphate, Glycolipids, Sodium Hyaluronate, Panthenol, Lecithin, Tocopherol, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Algae Extract, Dimethicone, Sodium PCA, Allantoin, Sclerotium Gum, Carbomer, Tetrasodium EDTA, Aminomethyl Propanol, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Fruit Extract

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This moisterizer is definitely one of the best I've tried. I have combination skin, and am not too oily, and this has actually worked out pretty well for me. Before using this, I had Clinique's Dramatically Different Gel Moisterizer, and it was just all right, but I wanted to experiment and find a better one. This moisterizer is extremely light, and leaves my skin feeling soft. I would not suggest it for people with mostly dry skin, because it definitely is not sufficient in moisterizing the dry areas of my face. However, because I occasionally break out, this moisterizer is great at not making me break out more or creating the dreaded oily/greasy look in those areas. In general, this is a good buy for people with generally oily or acneic skin. I probably would purchase this again, but with another toner or treatment rather than the gel that came with the kit I bought.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I purchased the Murad Skin Perfecting Lotion after running out of my Dermalogica Active Moist. It was $2 cheaper at $33 and had slightly better reviews compared to the Active Moist. I've never been crazy about moisturizers as I find most to be too heavy or greasy for my oily acne prone skin. The Active Moist was a very light nice moisturizer so I had been sticking with that afraid to switch because I usually break out. After making the change to the Skin Perfecting Lotion I hated it the first time I used it as I found it to be heavier than the Active Moist and some what greasy. I decided to give it a week to change my mind or I was going to return it for my Active Moist. After using it for a few days I realized I had applied way too much the first time and that's why it was heavy and greasy. It appears to me that the longer you use it the more your skin adapts to having it. I really like this moisturizer. It's ever so slightly heavier than the Active Moist ( which I enjoy as it just feels refreshed and hydrated ). It also claims to perfect your skin over time. Have I noticed changes yet? Yes I have. I've noticed that if I have a pimple or problem area and I use my cleanser toner and then put this on before bed, by the time I wake up the spot is either gone or small and lighter red. I like this as a night time moisturizer but I'm still undecided on if I like it as a day time one because of the summer heat. It's not overly greasy outside but it can have a shiny look to it so I'm still working that out. The packaging is AMAZING I absolutely love the way it's in a tube that you squeeze every last bit out but it doesn't ooze out like the Active Moist. It's very nice packing and a little bit of the moisturizer goes a long way, so I see my tube lasting 2-3 months. I will be rebuying this for sure. It seems all Murad products last longer than any other. The smell of it is different. The first time I used it I noticed it to be a little herbal type smell. But it's not overpowering with fragrance. And now I've gotten used to the smell and miss it if it's not on.

Overall I would recommend this to someone with combo/oily skin or oily/acne prone skin that is looking for a moisturizer that will start clearing up spots and keep your skin hydrated all in one. If you're not a fan of heavy moisturizers check this one out. It's very light but not as light as Active Moist. The price is higher up there but the tube for $33 will last meet 2-3 months so it pays for itself in how long one tube will last you. It's a great moisturizer for guys and for people afraid of moisturizers breaking them out of being like a mask on their face. It's lightweight and hasn't broken me out. Only improved my acne.

This is by far the most amazing facial lotion that I have used. I say that because it makes my skin look amazing. It calms any dry, irritated areas (including blemishes). It relieves sensitive skin beyond my wildest imaginations. Only con I have is that it does make my skin more oily/slippery so I don't use it with makeup. I use it as a night cream rather and my skin looks great the next morning.

My DH and I really like this. It has really smoothed my skin out since I started using it. I have combo skin that's very clog prone. Quite a lot of surface dryness on my cheeks, quite oily in the t-zone. I feel like this moisturizer does a great job at hydrating the dry areas surprisingly, while feeling very light on oily areas. It does a better job at making my skin feel hydrated than other moisturizers meant for dry skin. I feel my skin has become a bit more balanced since using this. Overall texture and tone seem to be more even as well. Really loving this! Only reason for 4 lippies instead of 5 is because of the smell. I personally don't get the herbal note others describe. Smells more chemically to me, but not enough for me to not use it. And it doesn't linger. Try it!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've noticed it breaks me out when I use it. I have very oily skin and this makes it feel more oily. My makeup slides right off. I wouldn't mind using it at night because I like the consistency and it feels good on my skin, but it never fails to break me out when I do use it. I would not buy it again.

This is pretty much my HG product. This was recommended to me by a Sephora SA when I was about 20 years old. I've used 4 or 5 tubes already. (Right now I'm at the end of my last tube, but since I want to try out lotions with anti-aging product, I've purchased something else to try. But I'm definitely going back to this).
Pros:
-- It's very light and easily absorbed.
-- It moisturizes my skin pretty well.
-- I don't break out very often or get acnes.
-- A tube lasts me about half a year... I only uses a pea size every night and apply to damp face. It works pretty well.
Cons:
-- It's expensive.
-- It doesn't seem to work as well for people with dry skin. I've recommended this to my father who has dry skin and it doesn't work on his face.
-- The smell takes sometime to get used to.
-- It stings a bit when you apply it on for the first few times.
Overall a very good product and this is the one that introduced me to Murad.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I am on my 3rd or 4th tube now. This was recommanded by a Sephora SA a few years ago when my breakouts was at it worst. I was looking for a moisturizer that is rich enough without irritating my blemishes. I have to say the fact that I keep coming back to this product speaks for itself. I love the texture as it feels creamy but not greesy. It can be easily absorbed by my skin and gives me long lasting hydration. The tube packaging keeps it clean and makes application easier.

Ever since I start using it, my skin improves significately. This is my HG moisturizer during the summer as it feels really light and smooth. During the winter time, I usually add up one more layer of another cream for protection since the winter here in Canada is really harsh.

I bought this product on recommendation of one of my favorite you tube makeup ladies (magicgirl111), who raved about it in her skincare routine video. However, I didn't take into account that my skin is quite different than magicgirlss. Overall, this is a good quality lotion that I'm sure works very well for its appropriate corresponding skin type. It did not work well for my skin type, which is combination with quite dry cheeks. I ended up buying Dermalogica's hydrating booster to pair with this lotion as I couldn't justify getting rid of it at the $30 price and wanted to use it up.

Pros:
-Excellent, lovely and creamy texture.
-Goes onto the skin well.
-Comes out of the packaging well.
-Scent is non-offensive.
-It is quite light, and I found that it worked well if I wanted to throw on a dash of light, extra moisturizer randomly in the middle of the day, like after a work out.

Cons:
-This moisturizer will likely not suit those with dry areas.
-I used the product over multiple seasons and it still didn't address my dryness in non-winter season.

I would definitely try a Murad product again, just not this one. Again, I think it would work very well for other skin types.

My friend gave me this, as it was too harsh for her Retin-A regimented skin regime, and I had had success with other Murad products and was excited to try this lotion out. It doesn't disappoint. It has a refreshingly minty smell, goes on incredibly smoothly, and sinks it almost immediately. I wear it to bed some nights, switching between it and a large assortment of other products I've accumulated. I do like this lotion, but I'm not sure if it has had enough of an impact on my skin for me to actually purchase it when I run out.

Update 3/20/13: I've started using this again after a couple years hiatus, and it works wondrously. Still recommend.

A friend didn't seem to get along well with this product but she gave it to me after I tried it and it worked well with my skin type. I use the cleanser, scrub, toner and lotion on a regular basis.

You should probably see about samples first because everyone has different reactions to these sort of products. (Skin care, I mean.)