Murad Skin Perfecting Lotion

3.7

Water (Aqua), Dicaprylyl Maleate, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Butylene Glycol,Glycerin, Sorbitan Stearate, Squalane, Stearic Acid, Retinol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Arnica Montana Flower Extract, Epilobium Angustifolium Flower/Leaf/Stem Extract, Palmitoyl Hydroxypropyltrimonium Amylopectin/Glycerin Crosspolymer, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Protein, Hydrolyzed Soy Flour, Spiraea Ulmaria Flower Extract , Honey Extract (Mel), Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth-20, Talc, C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphate, Glycolipids, Sodium Hyaluronate, Panthenol, Lecithin, Tocopherol, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Algae Extract, Dimethicone, Sodium PCA, Allantoin, Sclerotium Gum, Carbomer, Tetrasodium EDTA, Aminomethyl Propanol, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Fruit Extract

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this product twice now and plan to purchase another one during Sephora's 20% off sale. Prior to this, I was using Bioderma's lotion but they have discontinued it and I had to find another face lotion to use. I picked up this one as it is a light moisturizer. It is not thick or heavy and it keeps my face moisturized throughout the day. I apply makeup over this without having any issues as it dries quick enough. I do wear sunscreen on top of this prior to makeup so I let it sit a bit. I like it how it comes in a tube for hygienic reasons. It does have a faint scent to it - more like an almond type of scent - which I find smells good. It doesn't last for that long so there's no lingering scent on your face. My face is also very sensitive as well and this moisturizer has not caused me any problems including rashes, milia or any other skin concern. The price is a little high but it's not a drugstore brand. I wear this lotion during the summer and fall months but may require a thicker moisturizer once winter comes if there's a lot of wind. Overall, I will continue to buy this product.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I've been using this product religiously since I was 19 yrs old, I am now 35... I am still waiting for my first wrinkles on my face. I always get mistaken for 10+ years younger than I really am. I don't drink or smoke, so I'm sure that helps as well and I have oily skin (was more oily when I was younger), but I would highly recommend this to anyone. I used other products before I found this when I was 19 and I have never looked back. I use this as soon as I get out the shower and that is all. I use this in combination with their face wash and my results are outstanding. I always credit this product when people ask what do I do to keep my skin looking great... AND I'M A MAN!!! If this will work on my rough, tough, bearded exterior, imagine what it would do for you!!! My only complaint is that it runs out and I must buy more.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

When I first applied this it made my skin look matte and smooth but a few minutes later left me with an itchy rash. I had use to hydrocortisone to calm the rash. I've tried this moisturizer 3 other times with the same results. I really wanted to like this due to the way it would make my skin look for the 1st 5 minutes but there is something in this lotion I'm allergic to.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

This products made no difference whatsoever in my skin. Used it for 3 months and nothing. Waste of money. I know Murad has very high rated product. Even though I am sceptical, I might give a chance to their other products.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Pros:
-absorbs quickly
-no problematic fragrance that I noticed
-did not make acne worse

Cons:
-expensive
-not enough moisture; drying
-no improvement in skin condition and acne

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I have been using this moisturizer for 2 years and to be honest I'm shocked it does not break me out considering the ingredients list. I have cyst prone, oily/dehydrated skin. This does not make me oilier and it does not clog me. Lightweight, Goes on clear and provides a nice amount of moisture. It's a bit pricey but for my finicky skin it's worth it. On the flip side I do find a bottle to last a decent amount of time 3-4 months used twice a day.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Love love love this product. I had great skin during my teens and early 20s but after I came off the pill in my late 20s, I developed horrible acne. After some retinol facials with my beautician to clear it up, I wanted to keep going with a moisturiser that had a bit of retinol in it but wasn't too drying. The skin perfecting lotion has been a Godsend. It has kept my skin clear of break outs and has helped fade my acne scarring.

It has retinol in it but this isn't clearly indicated on the front so just be aware of this if you're sensitive to retinol. Always wear your sunscreen over the top in the day because retinol can make your skin sun sensitive. Such a great product. I rarely get to the end of any skin care product because I get bored with it but I actually finished two tubes.

Now that I'm pushing 30, I've switched to a stronger retinol (Skinceuticals 0.5%) with a mild moisturiser over the top and will see how that goes. However, skin perfecting lotion has served me well and I might return to it if the stronger retinol is a bit much for me.

If you're struggling with break outs but have fairly sensitive skin, give this a go!

This is one of the best OTC retinol/retinyl-palmitate products I have ever tried. I use this at night, sometimes alone (and separate eye cream) or sometimes with heavier face cream. It keeps acne and fine-lines/wrinkles at bay. I have repurchased this product several times. First time I used it, it did sting my skin because of the retinol component, but my skin adjusted after a few uses. The light texture works really well for my normal-oily combination skin, and works well during the warmer months. (Though it is not moisturizing enough for the cooler, drier, months. I use a heavier cream over this product sometimes during these months.) I also wish the packaging was not a clear tube - supposedly light can neutralize the retinol, but I am assuming that the company knows what it's doing. The product is also comparably/fairly priced.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is okay, a standard oil-free moisturizer. I prefer to stick to Clean & Clear's Dual Action Moisturizer. I get the same results, but it's way cheaper. I won't purchase SPL again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I've always heard great things about Murad, but for the life of me, I can't get on board.

I bought this lotion because my skin was looking a bit dull and it needed a little boost. I figured the Skin Perfecting Lotion would be the way to go since it contained retinol. The product itself is okay. It moisturizes my oily skin, albeit temporarily, but I see no improvement in skin texture. Most days, I end up having to reapply once or twice because this product just doesn't hydrate my skin well enough (which means my skin overcompensates by producing more oil than necessary).

I do like the smell and it hasn't broken me out (which is a bit of a feat considering how sensitive my skin is).

Packaging is good. I like that it's in a clear tube so you can see how much product is left.

Overall, I think there are moisturizers out there along the same price point that hydrate much more effectively.

Popular Moisturizers