MAC Cosmetics #217 Blending

my father's nostril hairs

on 8/20/2015 4:47:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

i've heard so many good things about this brush from youtubers, people on reddit and the reviews here and it made me a little skeptical. this brush can't be THAT amazing, can it? it's just a brush, right? WELL YOU'RE WRONG, OKAY! i got ahold of it and tried it out today with a berry toned halo eye and HOLY SHIT is it amazing at blending. i felt the bristles against my hand before i used it and it didn't feel any different from the blending brushes i currently have, which really made me doubt it if it was as big of a deal as people make it sound. but nope! this brush somehow manages to blend shadow absolutely effortlessly. i have no idea how. it's magic, i swear to god. before i would have to sit there and keep blending blending blending blending blending and 90% of the time it would still look like unblended garbage somehow. but this brush has changed my eyeshadow life. it takes only a few swipes of it over a harsh line of shadow and BAM! it's blended out flawlessly!

this sounds really overdramatic, i know. but this brush really is as big of a deal as people make it out to be. you NEED this brush in your life if you don't already have it.

on 8/19/2015 9:00:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

One of the best eye shadow brushes you'd ever own. Perfect to use for the crease.

on 8/19/2015 8:39:00 AM

Received this as a gift as this is too expensive to buy.

Wow, this is the only time I'd say this--> "Expensive=Quality"

on 8/10/2015 7:35:00 PM

I could not do my makeup without this brush! 100% would repurchase in fact I own 3! It's my holy grail crease brush

on 7/22/2015 1:45:00 AM

I've wanted this brush for so long and I finally got it for my birthday, it started of more splayed than I would have hoped but it was still highly usable. It blends very well and it applies colour very well but for me the downfall has been after washing it I am so dissapointed the brush has splayed a ridiculous amount for the first time of washing. For me that is just not worth the price as I have had maybe 15 uses out of it before it's been half ruined. Will definitely look elsewhere for my next blending brush.

on 7/17/2015 9:47:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Ugh. I just went ahead and bought it. I've wanted it for years, but the price held me back. I love it for concealing and eye makeup. Transfers product beautifully.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This is AB-SO-LUT-ELY AMAZING. It feels SOOO soft against the skin, it blends eyeshadow like a DREAM. I have dark circles in my inner eye area and I use this to blend out my concealer as well. Absolutely amazing. I have to get more MAC brushes. This is my favourite brush ever.

on 6/23/2015 12:19:00 AM

Mac 217 is seriously a MUST when starting a makeup/brush kit. Spending 20$ on this brush is actually very worth it. I use my brush to apply a lid color and even for a transition color. I love how sleek the brush is and i havnt had any sheding yet mainly because i love this brush so much that i try not to use it that much so it can last me haha!! P.S !!!!!!!!!!!! If you are hesitant in buying it because of the price Morphe's M433 is an exact Dupe for MAC 217 i own them both & if im not mistaken the price is around 7$ Cant remember, i tried looking for the price on the website but its SOLD OUT (thats how good of a brush it is) so it didnt show a price. But either way MAC 217 iss AMAZING! 😊

on 6/21/2015 10:49:00 AM

Love this brush so much I have 3.
One for transition, one for crease and one to blend out after.

I feel that the fact I have 3 says all I need to say.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

You're either a 224 fan or a 217 fan, I am a 224 girl. I've bought and returned this several times over the years, mostly because they have all been scratchy, and I found them too big. But I decided to give it one more try (mostly because it's such a classic, I have to have one) and sifted through the glass beaker at Nordy's, to find one that was a little more tapered and to make sure it was soft. Even though it's more tapered, it still would be difficult to deposit color in my crease with it, but I'll keep working with it. I use this mostly for softening the edges and overall wash and then the 224 for blending out the crease. I also have the Hakuhodo J5523, and yes, it is a bit softer, but I find that more of a hindrance than a help. My 217 is pleny soft and seems more functional. However, if I could only have one brush, it would be the 224, but I'm warming up to this one, and for the first time, won't be returning it.

Popular Makeup Brushes