Maybelline New York Total Temptation Mascara

Maybelline New York Total Temptation Mascara
Total Temptation MascaraTotal Temptation Mascara

3.4

Synthetic Japan Wax, Stearic Acid, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Hydrogenated Soybean Oil, Hydrogenated Coco-Glycerides Zinc Stearate, Polybutene Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Cera Alba / Beeswax / Cire Dabeille, Myristyl Myristate Copernicia Cerifera Cera / Carnauba Wax / Cire De Carnauba Polyglyceryl-2 Triisostearate VP / Eicosene Copolymer Tocopherol Citric Acid. May Contain: CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / Iron Oxides CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide.

on 2/17/2018 6:20:00 AM

This is a pretty good drugstore mascara. It's very black, the lashes stood out and it provided length. A coworker commented "what kind of mascara do you have on?" And this is from someone who doesn't normally do this. I then went in the restroom and took a good look again and thought "wow, they do look good!" The formula seems different from other Maybelline mascaras - so give it a try and see if you like it!

on 2/17/2018 2:04:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This is a pretty average mascara, I've had better, and I've had worse. If you are a fan of more natural looking lashes this is a good choice. It does not add much in terms of length or volume, but it does add some. I think it add more length than both Clinique High Impact, and MUFE Excessive lash, but is less dramatic than L'Oreal Voluminous. This does give lashes a decent amount of extra length, but again nothing over the top. I found that this washes off better than Voluminous, and I did not need to follow with micellar water after washing.

on 2/14/2018 12:05:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Update: I've been using this mascara regularly for the last two weeks and I had to change my review and bump it up 3 lippies. I found that patience and curling my lashes one eye at a time makes all the difference. This is definitely a keeper for me! It's a volumizing mascara, so if you're looking for length, try Lash Sensational instead. I really like the brush and the formula itself works well on me. It has coconut oil in it, which I like because of the scent and it conditions my lashes. It's nice and pigmented, doesn't clump easily and doesn't flake or smudge. It's definitely a keeper.

on 2/12/2018 7:31:00 PM

Why would someone EVER make a mascara with fragrance? Why?! The product itself-wet and messy. The perfumey odor is so off putting that I would never use it again even if it was a good product. This irritated my eyes and the fragrance does not fade. Waste of $9.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I LOVE this mascara! I don’t have super long lashes and this mascara substantially lengthens them quite a bit! By far the best I’ve tried. I think the price is cheap for a great product! I agree it’s a bit wet, so I’ll put a few coats and do a few curls in my hair and then add another few coats. Packaging is pretty too! Hope they never discontinue this.

on 2/10/2018 4:05:00 PM

SO GOOD! I love it. Excellent length, volume, AND definition. Makes my eyes look really wide open and provides a beautiful, fluttery look for my lashes. Applies smoothly and it doesn't flake or smudge either.

Reminds me a lot of L'oreal Lash Paradise but with a slightly drier formula. If you found LP to be too wet for you, then Total Temptation might be worth a try.

I will definitely buy this again. Highly Recommended!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Don’t get the bad reviews. Gorgeous, better than lash paradise by L’Oréal. Hold curl, soft, long, full separated lashes !!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I agree it is hard to work with. Takes a bit of time to dry, so if in a rush, I would not use this. It does give volume to my lashes and they look natural. I had to later this to get the desired darkness as well. The packaging also could use some work. It looks too plain.

on 1/31/2018 7:02:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I was so excited to try this! I love big fluffy mascara brushes. This was an exception. It made my lashes look like stubby clumped up twigs ): The packaging is pretty, and it does smell nice, but I definitley won't be repurchasing. You can barely get one coat without it clumping up on you. It takes sooo long to dry and it's messy as well. I usually love maybelline mascaras but this was by far the worst one I've tried.

I do enjoy Maybelline mascaras. My gripe is they tend to discontinue the ones I love. This one was a dud. This makes me rather sad, knowing this type of mascara has replaced other true favorites that were discontinued..(Volum' Express Turbo and Lash Stylist) Just a F.Y.I. a tube of Lash Stylist in waterproof (was my HG) goes for about $80.00 on EBay.
My biggest complaint on this one was it took longer to dry than any other mascara I've ever used. I just hate that feeling of my lashes being wet. Plus it clumped. Not for me, I returned it.