CHANEL Coco Mademoiselle Eau de Parfum Intense

CHANEL Coco Mademoiselle Eau de Parfum Intense

4.2

on 8/12/2007 3:59:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

ONE lippie for its staying power, but i should make that a NEGATIVE lippie because I duno who would want that smell to stay on. I duno if it's my body chemistry or whatever, but I sprayed some on my wrist at the mall just to see what the hype was about and I duno, it just smelled kinda annoying.

on 6/11/2007 9:24:00 PM

I'm so glad I tried this in the store before buying it. I sprayed some on my wrists then met my boyfriend 10 minutes later. When I held up my wrist and asked him what he thought he said "It smells like a man. Hugo Boss." Later in the day, the scent settled some more and became less "Hugo Boss" and more "pine shaving cream". So dissapointed.

I guess it just doesn't work with my body chemestry. Try before you buy!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I was soooo disappointed with this. I had read all the wonderful reviews and couldn't wait to receive my bottle (bought a small sample bottle, which was good). I purchased the EDP, but unfortunately, like a previous reviewer wrote, it smelled like men's aftershave on me. Even one of my male coworkers remarked that it smelled that way. I guess my body chemistry didn't mix well with this perfume. Oh well, the search continues........

I purchased this in the EDT (based on the good reviews and the fact that I love Chanel No. 22 and No. 5 EDT) but this smells like pure men's aftershave on me. Yuck. I understand that everyone's body chemistry and pH are different, but geez oh man, this stuff is not good on me - pure men's aftershave. Ugh. It's going back today.

on 11/12/2006 12:57:00 AM

Hair: Other, Curly, Medium

GROSS! TOO STRONG! Smells like a bunch of old ladies in a funeral home!

on 11/10/2006 2:57:00 PM

This makes me sick at my stomach. I gave it to my daughter and finally had to take it away from her because I couldn't stand to be near her when she wore it! It is very strong, even if applied sparingly. Although it is a 'classic' there are many more pleasing fragrances out there.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I can understand why in this day and age Mlle gets such rave reviews, but I don't feel it merits it. On my, my daughters', my friend's, skin it smells like another ubiquitous vanilla/patchouli blend of our times. It's TM Angel minus the true gourmand quality. It's Prada, with the patchouli bite muzzled. It's really boring for the price tag, so, I passed.

Some Chanels are stunningly gorgeous and breathtaking, and I can't get enough of them. Other Chanels fail spectacularly on my skin. This is one of the failures. Take some plastic. Put it in your car and park your car in the sun on a white hot day. When the plastic is sufficiently heated and is beginning to put off an odor, pour some orange juice and fingernail polish on it, and there you have the way Coco Mlle smells on my skin. Not good.

on 1/27/2006 10:16:00 AM

One word - YUCK!

on 12/27/2005 3:03:00 PM

I hate to be in the minority here, but I have to agree with feysparrow and 3585t in that part of Coco Mlle's appeal is the fact that it's a piggyback off another fragrance. I also find fault with the House of Chanel for putting out, frankly, fragrances that stink. Like this one. Hold on. Before you line up the rotten tomatoes to throw my way, hear me out a minute. This is only my opinion and is not intended in any way to be a personal criticism of women or men who love Chanel products. There are some Chanels I love. I frankly prefer Ernest Beaux's concoctions from days past to anything that has come from Chanel in probably 30 years. Give me a big bottle of Cuir de Russie or Chanel No 5 any day (both from Ernest Beaux), but I simply find Polge's (for you neophytes, Polge is Chanel's in-house nose) olfactory signature to be very unappealing. I don't hate Coco, but I can't wear it. However, I do hate this scent and consider it a cheap knock-off of lots of other copy cats available at the perfume counter. Coco Mademoiselle hits my nose like a combination of orange scented shoe polish and cheap plastic. I detest this fragrance on myself and I detest it on others. To me it's anything but sophisticated and glamorous, and being a woman, I don't want to smell like orange scented shoe polish. Glamour is Chanel No 5, and sophistication is Cuir de Russie or Bois des Iles. Not Coco Mlle. Even if I weren't so, um, "mature," I'd still loathe it.