Liz Earle Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish

No Title

Not tested on animals

on 10/6/2010 5:28:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

I did not know how great this cleanser was until i stopped using it!! I get bored easily and unless a product wows me, i move on and try new ones. When i first used this i thought it was ok- it didn't break me out, didn't irritate and was overall nice. Once i ran out i thought i would move on to other cleansers... big mistake! I used a few different ones after this and my skin just wasn't the same. I tried high end, mid range and even drug store cleansers but they either irritated my skin, broke me out or made me oily. I decided to use this again to see if it was this that made my skin look so good- it was and i have never looked back! Its the only cleanser i use (apart from eve lom sometimes) and have done for a long time now. I love the muslin cloth for gentle exfoliation too. I use this in the morning (in the evening if im not wearing much mu) and Eve Lom in the evening (when wearing heavier mu), my skin just glows! It is the best it has ever been! I don't feel like i have to wear so much mu now because i am liking how my skin looks naturally. Thank you Liz Earle- my skin looks so good!

on 9/21/2010 4:57:00 PM

This product is okay. Do'nt know why there is such hype about it on Youtube. I ordered this from the Liz Earle website, I was sent a free trial size skin tonic and other various information about products and skincare which impressed me. I think the bottle should to be less opaque so you could see the amount of product left. I would have preferred the consistancy to be more creamy and was not a huge fan of the smell (too 'menthol')

The muslim cloth is genius, but just going to use my muslim cloths with my beloved Yes to Carrotts Can You C Me Cleanser.

on 6/28/2010 10:31:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I have been using this cleanser for over three years now and I absolutely LOVE it!! It smells amazing and has a lovely creamy texture that leaves your skin feeling really smooth. I also love the muslin washcloths that come with it- its really satisfying to see all your makeup come off on them, and now that I use them I hardly need to exfoliate at all. A year ago I ran out and thought I would try a different cleanser but it was such a mistake. It left my normal/combination skin really dry and sore- so I went back to Liz Earle and straight away my skin improved. My mum also swears by this product, she has really dry skin and Liz Earle is the only brand she can use on it without irritating it! 10 out of 10!

I LOVE this cleanser!! I have always had issues with cleansers and exfoliants on my very sensitive skin. I would always find that even a day after using an exfoliant product, I would still have flakes and uneven skin texture. After using this product I no longer have those issues. I rarely get break outs and if I do they are small and are gone in a flash. I also used to get red blotches and hives on my face, not anymore. It is so moisturizing and feels so amazing! The muslin cloths are key, it is really the perfect amount of exfolianting. HG cleanser!!

on 5/14/2010 1:50:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Leaves your face really clean & soft. I wouldn't recommend it to someone with oily-acneic skin as it may be too moisturizing. Great cleanser & I love the muslin cloth that comes with it. I will repurchase for sure when my tube is all gone. I read that Avon has bought this company so it will be easy for me to purchase all her products then.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I know I should use this religiously for 2 months before even contemplating a review on it... but after only one use my skin looked so much better than it did before!

UPDATE: Suddenly noticed loads of breakouts on my face... I've narrowed it down either to my L'oreal Studio Secrets primer or the Liz Earle skincare... Will discontinue use of the primer and I'll update later.

It's creamy but not heavy, and doesn't clog my combination, blemish-prone skin. The muslin (oops, nearly typed Muslim) cloth is great for gentle exfoliation, and I think it's great that they recommend using hot and cold water to open and close the pores. I know you ought to do that anyway, but having it written on a product actually makes me do it religiously!

I got this as part of their online skincare set, which a) is more economical, cheaper than the Clinique sets I think, and b) comes beautifully wrapped along with a few small freebies. So far I've tried the cleanser, toner and moisturiser. It's gentle, efficient, yet luxurious at the same time. I couldn't be more pleased.

This product contains Cocoa butter instead of Almond. pointing it out as I know some people find it causes their pores to block leading to spots.

Ingredients: Aqua (water), Caprylic/capric triglyceride, Theobroma cacao (cocoa) see butter, Cetearyl alcohol, Cetyl esters, Sorbitan Stearate, Polysorbate 60, Glycerin, Cera alba (beeswax), Propylene glycol, Humulus lupulus (hops) extract, Panthenol, Rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) extract, Anthemis nobilis (chamomile) extract, Eucalyptus globulus (eucalyptus) oil, Limonene, Citric acid, Sodium hydroxide, Phenoxyethanol, Benzoic acid, Ethylhexylglycerin, Dehydroacetic acid, Polyaminopropyl biguanide.

No animal extracts.
Naturally active ingredients.

I cannot rave about how much I LOVE this product!! I have been using this since I was 12 years old and I have never looked back. I refuse to use ANY other cleanser as I know it will never compare to this AMAZING product. It removes all traces of make-up, it smells heavenly and its not that expensive. My mum and I both have this on auto delivery and I always have at least 3 in my house!! :) I jusy LOVE IT!! Thank you so much Liz!

on 11/19/2009 12:35:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

I have been using the hot cleanse and polish twice daily for a month now and I have to say my skin is looking a LOT clearer and more radiant. I have minor imperfections and every so often have a few outbreaks, however the hot cleanse and polish has really improved my skin condition - imperfections are less noticeable and outbreaks are less frequent. I bought the product directly from the website - the packaging was lovely - would highly recommend as a gift together with the skin tonic. I also love the fact you use a muslin cloth in hot water to wipe away the cleanser - giving yourself a mini facial almost! I also like the fact I'm using natural ingredients on my face. Would highly recommend this product - especially as its so much cheaper than expensive department store brands, obviously though its not going to work for everyone - so why not give the trial size tube a go - even if you don't like it you can still use the cloth in the same way with other cleansers or facial masks.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

This is impressive. I remember watching liz earle on tv as a child was a uk tv presenter actually and I remember when she started to launch her products and they were in shops and then they werent and suddenly they are everywhere and everyone raves about them. Rightly so because I had a lip balm of hers it was when there was makeup of hers and it was great and so I was glad to finally locate her product in a large brand department store.
This cleaner is supplied with a muslin cloth and works as a cleanser and an exfoliator and is to be used with hot water. This cleanser then lathers up and becomes more creamy and heats up the skin on contact and you smell a wonderful array of essential oils like lavender and eucalyptus and a little goes a long way. Three months on and I still have this product and I will definately repurchase. My skin is sensitive and this product just worked wonder and removed my cosmetics instantly and felt soothing. As well as my skin reaping the benefits I felt my body did too because it was sooo relaxing to smells these scents I was giving myself a facial.
I cannot rave enough about this and as it is not that expensive I think I may keep this as my perma cleaner for life.
It is truly uplifting and on my greasy skin it closed the open pores.
Good stuff and I reccomend you buy if you are looking for that ultimate cleanser and you like to pile on the war paint but cannt be bothered to go through lots of wipes to take off the makeup this does it in a few swipes and just feels so great. This is for you guys who need a good worthwhile cleanser.

Popular Face Skincare Products