Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Makeup

Filtered by age: 19-24
Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Makeup

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I love this foundation. I have oily/combination skin with yellow undertones and I find that this is the only foundation that matches me accurately. I used to be Sand, but now I use Cashew and both colors matched me really well depending on how dark I have gotten. I don't need to use a setting powder for this foundation, and if I do; maybe just on my nose area where I tend to be oiliest for days that I intend to wear it for more than 12 hours. This foundation does not need touch ups. Once it's on your skin, it's pretty much cemented there. It's a medium to full coverage foundation and building it up is fuzz free because it does't cake or create texture. I use the estee lauder foundation brush with this or for days where I don't need that much coverage, I just use the F55 by sigma for a quick seamless finish. What I do is pour a little on my foundation plate (I swear not even the size of a penny to cove my face.) then I dot that all over and start blending. I do use a primer for this which is the smash box photofinish primer which is also good. Then I top my nose off with Laura Mercier setting powder for really long days and I'm good to go.

Pros:
Longevity
Coverage
Shade Selection
No strong fragrance

Cons:
no pump
hard to remove

I swear, the only way to remove this is by using oil then a cleanser. Btw I live in a very humid and hot climate location right now and so far, this foundation cannot be replaced for me.

on 8/19/2016 7:36:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

I am convinced that the MUA rating of this foundation will never change. Literally. Okay, now that I've put my dumb observation out there, I'll get into the actual review lol. This foundation is LOVE. Stay away from this foundation if you have close to perfect skin or if you just need some light evening out of the skin. This stuff is heavy duty. And once you get used to looking flawless, you can never really look back.

First things first. Yes, this stuff is thick and will absolutely look like you have make up on. This is not a "my skin but better" foundation. I really do wish there was a foundation out there that is full coverage and is also invisible, but I'm afraid such a thing does not exist. This foundation comes close, though. It depends on your application technique. I pat it into the skin with a flat top kabuki. If you stippled like two drops into your skin, it could be pretty sheer. A little goes a long way, and one bottle will last you a very, very long time.

Ladies, I need COVERAGE. I mean it. I have acne scars all over my cheeks that are about 5 shades darker than my skin. They look terrible and I can not put any other make up on until they are concealed. I can't just put some lipstick on and be out the door. It looks terrible. Now, I've tried concealing. I really have. Light foundation+heavy concealer was my routine for a while until I realised I could easily learn a language using all that time I spent concealing each individual scar before foundation. It was a nightmare. Till I found this.

This stuff covers everything. I have dark scarring, so I do have to colour correct before applying it, but the rest of the job is done by this baby. I usually don't need more than 2 layers on the scarring. And yes, that is a big deal for me, because this is some of the worst scarring I've ever had to deal with. Other foundations wouldn't come close with even 50 layers if I tried. Set with powder, and no one can even begin to imagine the demon that lies underneath. No but seriously, you should set this stuff if you want that coverage to last. Not the foundation itself, but the layering you've done in certain areas. And that will be true for any foundation you use. Hugs, resting your face in your hands, making a phone call, etc are all a part of daily life and unfortunately are also ways your foundation rubs off. So make sure to lightly set. I do not believe in "transfer resistant" foundation. I don't think such a thing exists. But what I can say is, this stuff does not transfer easily. You'd have to really dig your face into someone's shoulder to leave your mark on them.

This stays on all day, and all night. I can work through the day and then be clubbing the entire night with this stuff on if I wanted to. Not that I go clubbing, though. You need a social life for that. And friends. Just kidding, haha. That said, I have dry skin. It is drrry. But if I exfoliate and moisturise beforehand, it's never a problem. No flakes.

BUT. There's a but. If I don't have time to do some physical exfoliation (scrubs), my chemical exfoliant from the night before does NOT cut it. This foundation will age your skin if you do not exfoliate and moisturise. It will settle into any lines you have, and will catch onto every dry flake you have. And it'll look even worse if you're used to buffing and not patting foundation into your skin.

You need cleansing oil/balm to get this foundation off your face. It is thick and cleansing wipes will get off maybe the first layer. You need to cleanse thoroughly. This does not break me out unless I'm lazy with cleansing. I mean it. Get every drop off. Your cotton pads should come out white. Also- this is not an everyday foundation. You can make it so if you're ready to spend 15 minutes removing it at night every single day. But I'm just not ready for that kind of commitment.

By now, you're probably wondering why you should buy such an expensive foundation if it has so many disclaimers. You have to exfoliate, moisturise, and then be sure to remove it properly. OH and you can't wear it too often! But, trust me. When you look at your reflection in the mirror and see the person looking back at you, it's worth it. People think make up is a way to cover up the person you are. But for me, it's so I can see myself. REALLY see myself for the confident girl that I know I am. But I usually can't see past the terrible skin. It stops me before I can even begin to explore my true nature. So in theory, my insecurities shut me out. But make up lets me break that door down, and be comfortable in my own skin. Okay, this review just got way too sentimental. If you're still unsure, get a sample. It'll be worth it in the end. I promise.

on 8/19/2016 6:10:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

My favourite foundation!! Lasts all day, at first I found it quite drying, but if you use a good moisturizer before you apply it then it looks a lot better! I'm a Mac NW20 and wear Fresco 2C3. I've been wearing it over a year and find it gives the best coverage when I compare it to other foundations, I think it gives better coverage and lasts a lot longer than the MAC foundations I used to be obsessed with. I adore this foundation and it leaves a flawless finish (I also use a beauty blender.) I wasn't keen on the bottle when I first got it, but you can use the Mac foundation pump and cut it a little at the bottom for it to fit in the Estée bottle and it works perfectly! Love, love, love!!!

on 8/18/2016 12:51:00 AM

My go to foundation for quick and easy application that you never have to worry about. I firmly believe this foundation can work for just about anyone, as long as you know your skin. It is very matte, so if you have thirsty skin, you will need a primer and moisturizer. If you have oily skin, this will be your holy grail. I love how there is a shade for every skin tone and undertone---major props, Estee. Don't be too heavy handed (applying with a brush creates a flawless application with this baby) and you are gonna love the way your skin looks and LASTS. There's a reason why this foundation has stood the test of time and is a staple in almost any make-up lovers routine.

Holy grail foundation. Completely worry proof. Doesn't transfer and lasts all day. Perfect for oily combo skin. Works best with my xo beauty flat top face brush

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Great for oily skin. It does even perform better on oily skin as it gives a nice dewy finish after few hours of wearing it. It is full coverage. Downside is you have to blend it quickly as it dries up fast. Otherwise you gonna have patches.

For reference i am NC42 using the shade 4W1 honey bronze

on 7/24/2016 9:56:00 PM

I am so glad I purchased this.

I used to have an everyday dilemma: All my drug store foundations would look sheer & matte at the start of the day but by the end of the day I would look like wet shiny sloppy mess. It was time to stop this and purchase a decent foundation.

I was colour matched to Ecru (Nude colour that has no under tones). The texture is quite runny, but when it drys it stays there all right! Almost like cement - but without feeling heavy. This is a full coverage foundation (according to me lol)

When I went to take a selfie I actually thought I had some sort of filter on my camera, but nope! My face looked awesome and air-brushed like :) I don't think you need a powder with this foundation, but I use the 'Maybeline matte and poreless' powder because it's light and works well. I also suggested using a good primer underneath for maximum results.

Obviously this is going to be on the pricey side $50 AUD (it's Estee Lauder people!!) as this is a high end make up product. It's well worth every cent in my opinion and will be purchasing more once I run out :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

OMG I love this product. A friend recommended it to me a couple of years ago but I was hesitant because I prefer bb creams and other lightweight foundations that are bailable like the Bobbi Brown stick foundation. This is great for those special occasions and full face kind of looks. You can actually get a sheer to medium coverage if you use a small amount which no-one actually ever mentions. This product has a reputation for being a heavy cakey looking foundation but I can use 2 thin layers for a full face and it not feel heavy at all and I can barely feel it . Maybe it's just me but I don't wear foundation let alone makeup on a daily basis. Give it ago I have acne prone skin with a lot of old acne scars and with colour correcting and this foundation my skin looks flawless. Check out my video to see how I use it to create a flawless eve base.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

My absolute favorite. My ride or die. My holy grail. This is by far the best foundation I have ever used on my skin. For example, I was in an outdoor wedding yesterday in July, in Texas. I sweated my butt off but everyone kept asking me how I managed to not sweat or have my makeup run. It still looked flawless hours later. It makes my skin look like porcelain doll skin and hides every imperfection. I don't find it to look cakey either like some full overage foundations do. I always get compliments when I wear this. Do I hate the bottle? Yes. Is it worth it though? Yes. I'd still buy this no matter how they packaged it. Try it, I'm serious. (Pro tip: use the nyx first base primer spray to prime and then set with coty airspun. Home run combination!)

on 7/5/2016 1:31:00 AM

Beautiful formula that somehow doesn't move much from where I put it on my combination skin after a 10 hour work day. Would recommend to anyone like me who is tired of compromising on quality. I did not find the price too steep, possibly because I've spent $80+ on several foundations I ended up binning. Very impressed with this product, will try more from their range.