RIMMEL BB Cream 9-in-1 Skin Perfecting Super Makeup SPF 25

RIMMEL BB Cream 9-in-1 Skin Perfecting Super Makeup SPF 25

3.1

I love how lightweight this is. It's minimal coverage but still evens out my skintone. It feels like I'm wearing nothing.
And as a pale girl, the very light shade is perfect for me and doesn't make me look orange like some other brands. It's a little liquid-y, but that's okay. It's great for when I'm lazy or pressed for time and don't want to do a full face of makeup.
It's also often on sale for $5.99 at Shopper's.

on 7/12/2018 7:13:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This product applied nicely, however after a few minutes of applying it looks crumbly and almost cakey on the skin. I found it doesn't cover much at all it just feels like a cream with colour to it. Speaking of which, the very light shade is absolutely perfect for anyone with very pale skin who struggles to find something that's the perfect colour match. The wear wasn't great as it did crumble off a bit, overall wouldn't recommend.

FINALLY! As someone with very-very pale skin, I've been trying for ages to find a BB cream that doesn't look orange on me. The "very light" shade is a perfect match for my complexion, without making me look chalky (it still has a nice pinky undertone). Very happy with how light weight this feels on, as I'm someone who doesn't like wearing foundation, but my skin is prone to redness and breakouts. The coverage is better than other more expensive BB creams that I have tried.. I don't even bother putting on concealer underneath (I do however set it with a translucent powder so it lasts all day). It smells nice, almost like a mild sunscreen and doesn't irritate my scent allergies.

Only took a lippie off for the package being so small (hey Rimmel, how about releasing a 60-75ml version??), and the poor range of shades.. I would love to recommend this product, but many of my girlfriends have darker complexions. Hoping the brand will step up and become more inclusive to all skin tones.

I really like this BB cream. Having very fair skin makes finding a drug store BB cream or tinted moisturizer difficult, as most of them are too orange, but this one is a perfect match. The coverage is more than I was expecting for a BB cream, being light medium. It blends easily, looks natural and doesn’t look cakey. It does start to separate and break down on my oily t-zone after about 5 hours but it’s not super noticeable because of the natural light finish, so I don’t really mind. This is a nice every day alternative if you want to feel put together but natural

on 2/4/2018 11:41:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

EDIT: I'd been using this for years, but the most recent bottle I picked up, the consistency and bottle is different than what I've used in the past. It's so liquidy and with the new nozzle it just pours out and you have little control over how much. Als o I think the formula may have changed. When I use it now, it breaks me out. I'm so sad because I loved this bb cream even more so than more expensive ones

Firstly, I was seeing a lot of complaints about it not being full coverage. It's a bb cream. They are very much known to be light coverage, maaaybe medium. If you want or need full coverage, bb creams are not for you, stick to regular foundation. That being said, I keep coming back to this bb cream, even after trying other low to mid-end bb creams and tinted moisturizers. It just does exactly what I want a bb cream to do. Hydrates and evens out skin tone, while looking natural and letting my skin still show through. It doesn't separate or settle into dry spots or crease in any fine lines.

This is an overall OK product, nothing really special. Though it can be a little drying at times and it often comes out of the bottle, so when i open the cap it is very messy (if that makes sense). It does give a somewhat good amount of coverage (but definitely not full coverage) for a more everyday look, but i will not repurchase it.

on 1/6/2018 6:35:00 AM

I ended up using this product as an emergency back up as i forgot my usual Bb cream when i was on holiday. I was quite surprised by the consistency as i was so used to using a lighter consistency bb cream, the first few wears were ok but as the week went on, i found that it became quite oily on my skin and it didn't stay on for the whole day. Overall its not bad but i would rather pay a little more to have better quality.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'm surprised to see such negative reviews because to me it performs not the way it is described by other reviewers. Maybe the formulation is different in Europe? Mine looks just like in the picture though.

I have normal to dry skin with post-acne pigmentation. To me the consistency is very runny and liquid but nice when it's blended (I just use fingers). I don't think it fully sets but it changes the texture once it dries. I add concealer and then lightly set everything with mineral powder. It does blur my dark spots and gives me better complexion. I'm not a foundation lover, and I never found my perfect (or at least optimal) complexion product, but this stuff is so easy to apply and looks so well that it became a part of my daily routine. I think it wears decently throughout the day. You can see the difference but nothing dramatic.

The packaging is okay. I love the shape and size - nice for travel. But the tip of the tube could be wider, I often find myself struggling to wipe off the product with my fingers. The product has a light fruity scent.

Overall I think it's better for people with dry skin. I will repurchase.

Used as a base,my face felt very heavy with other makeup. I tried using again with no other makeup, cakey,patchy,dry.Not a good buy.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This has a VERY thick consistency for a BB cream which I wasn’t expecting and which I actually find a bit too thick for every day use, which kind of defeats the object of it being a BB cream. Application is easy, although I’ve found a little goes a long way and it’s easy to overdo things. With the ‘Very Light’ shade I have that can result in a ghostly cast to my skin, which isn’t too bad in the autumn/winter months when I’m paler anyway but not so forgiving in the spring/summer months.

According to the blurb on the back of the tube, this has 9 in 1 results, which are:

1) Primes – I still find I need to use a primer
2) Moisturises – I still use my regular moisturiser before applying this, as this alone definitely wouldn’t be enough for my skin
3) Helps minimise the appearance of pores – possibly on first application, but as the day wears on I actually find my pores become more noticeable as this settles into them
4) Conceals – it does but mainly because the consistency is so thick
5) Covers – again it does, but only because the consistency is so thick which isn’t really ideal in a BB cream
6) Smooths – much like the minimising pores claim, this does smooth on first application but as the day wears on and my skin gets oily it actually starts to look patchy especially on my forehead, nose and chin
7) Mattifies – on first application yes, but this definitely doesn’t last all day and my skin looked no less oily throughout the day whilst using this
8) Brightens – I would have to disagree with this statement as I feel like it actually has a tendency to cancel out any colour on my skin, making it look flat and lacklustre without blush etc applied over it
9) Helps protect – it’s got SPF 25 in it, which for a drugstore product is pretty good going

Overall this is an okay BB cream to use when I don’t have anything else to hand, but I don’t think it lives up to the 9-in-1 claims and I won’t be repurchasing when the one I have is empty.