FairyDrops Scandal Queen Mascara

FairyDrops Scandal Queen Mascara

Aqua, Butylene Glycol, Caprylic/Capric/Myristic/Stearic Triglyceride, Cera Alba, Cera Microcristallina, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnuba) Wax, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dextrin Palmitate, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Iron Oxides, Nylon-66, Octyldodecyl Isostearate, Panthenol, Paraffin, Pentaerythrityl Hydrogenated Rosinate, Petrolatum, Phenoxyethanol, Polyethylene, Silica, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Sodium Hyaluronate, Squalane, Synthetic Wax, Talc, Titanium Dioxide, Tocopherol, Trimethylsiloxysilicate.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

i LOVE this mascara. I have pretty thin lashes that are naturally straight but are capable of holding a curl. since i have oily skin, smudging has always been a problem for me when it comes to mascara. i usually just deal with the smudging, though, just because i CAN'T stand waterproof mascara. i don't have enough lashes as it is, and i'm not a fan of having a bunch of them get pulled out when i'm trying to remove my mascara. fairydrops scandal queen comes off really easily with some warm water, but doesn't smudge at all. it also gives a lot of volume without looking clumpy, and it lengthens as well. it's my all time favorite mascara, but i can't call it my HG because of the price. i can't afford to spend $24 every time i need a new mascara, so i probably get a tube of fairydrops every other time i need a new mascara. other than the price though, i LOVE it.

I love this mascara. One coat looks just lovely and 3 makes me look sufficiently slutty for a night out. Also, my eyelashes are tiny-ish & this makes them purdy purdy purdy.

on 8/21/2012 12:04:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Love this mascara. It's one of the "tubing" mascaras, so it takes a little finesse to apply. This is the ONLY mascara I have found that lasts all day without smudging on me...and it rinses off with just warm water.

Only two drawbacks: it's expensive ($24 at Sephora), and it dries out quickly. I have been able to stretch mine out a little by adding visene to the tube, but it only gets me a few more wears.

Overall, a great mascara though.

on 8/15/2012 8:45:00 AM

I am a mascara junkie and I really like this product! the packaging is cute and it actually does what it says- volumizes, curls and lengthens. It takes a little bit of time to get use to the brush and I usually scrape off some of the formula to minimize clumpiness but it is totally worth a try!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I love this mascara! You can make your lashes natural and pettable, or long and dramatic! The packaging is incredible and I love how the bristles are not plastic like most mascaras are today. Everyone should by this :)

on 7/18/2012 7:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i loved this mascara. It worked great. I got it from a friend for my birthday. It gave my lashes a lot of volume without being clumpy or anything like that.

This is my HG mascara! I love love LOVE it! I have long, straight, and normal volume lashes. I use a curler and then apply one maybe two coats of this on my eyelashes and they look amazing! Natural and yet doll like, in my opinion. The best thing is that, even though itís not water proof, it stays put until I want it off! No flaking or horrid raccoon eyes! And all you have to do to get it off, is to use warm water on a washcloth, hold it on the eye and then wipe away. I can even cry with this mascara on and it will not come off! Well unless you rub at your eyes. But still! All in all, through all weather conditions and many types of situations that cause makeup to go crazy, this lasts though them! I will say though, that after a while of using it, the formula does thicken and the mascara does flake a little bit. But thatís me trying to use it up over the time of when I should have thrown it away, because it does cost a pretty little penny!

on 3/19/2012 4:03:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I love Asian makeup, and I have been avidly anticipating the arrival of this Japanese mascara to Sephora. This mascara has rave reviews on Youtube, and boy does it deliver! It gives an astonishing amount of length to my short pathetic lashes, and it is true that this mascara will stay put until you wash it off. The packaging is absolutely to die for as well. The only complaint is, as you may expect, the hefty price tag.

I'm on my 4th tube of this mascara. I wish I could use other regular non-tubing mascaras for for some reason they all seem to smudge on me. I use this mascara over Clinique lash primer and often another mascara (Buxom, Smashbox Hyperlash, fresh, etc) and I always get long, curly lashes at the end. It seems like a lot of mascara in the end, but I apply the primer and first mascara with a very light hand.

Fairydrops helps me "set" my mascara and prevents smudging. My mascara stays on all day and in hot and humid weather or after swimming, instead of running down my face, the mascara simply flakes or comes off in tubes--way better and easier to clean off than raccoon eyes.

I have no problem with the brush at all. When the tube of mascara hits the 2-3 month mark it gets clumpy/too fibery and doesn't work as well, but that's about the time you're supposed to get a new tube anyway. I think I use the brush incorrectly...instead of applying the mascara by having the brush curve towards my lashes, I do it the other way. It works for me, and seems to be better than the "correct" way.

I have also used this alone and get good results but prefer to use it over primer and another mascara. Yes it adds up, but for my difficult lashes, I'm very happy to have found something that works well for me, even if it means doing a few extra steps and using a couple of extra products.

on 3/3/2012 11:36:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I've tried countless mascaras and this is officially my holy grail. Unlike other fiber mascaras I've tried it doesn't flake throughout the day or give you weird, thin, spindly looking lashes. This actually volumizes as well giving an amazing almost false lash effect.The best part about it is that it is water resistent and not water proof. It doesn't smudge on me at ALL during the day (even when i wear it on my bottom lashes) and keeps my lashes set in place, but comes off SO easy when I wash my face at night so I don't have to tug at my eyes at all. I've actually fallen asleep in it (bad, I know) and it still looked great the next day/no smudges. The tube doesn't dry out as quickly as other mascaras I've used in the past, either, and is seriously adorable. I'm on my 4th tube since this was first launched at Sephora.