Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel

Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel
Hydro Boost Water GelHydro Boost Water GelNeutrogena Hydro Boost water gelNeutrogena Hydro Boost water gel Ingredients

3.3

Updated (3/22/2018): Water, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Phenoxyethaqnol, Polyacrylamide, Cetearyl Olivate, Sorbitan Olivate, Dimethiconol, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Chlorphenesin, Carbomer, Laureth-7, Sodium Hyaluronate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Fragrance, C12-14 Pareth -12, Sodium Hydroxide, Blue 1

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

The packaging is deceptive, and it's an okay price for what you get. I didn't like it.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

initially i thought this moisturiser was a miracle: it applied well, absorbed really quickly and left my skin feeling smooth. it controlled my shine pretty decently too but it’s not the best. i thought i had found the replacement to a discontinued moisturiser i had been using before this. fast forward a few weeks later, i am at the end of the container and i would not repurchase this. i have many clogged pores on my forehead and it’s unsightly. i had overcome this problem using my old moisturiser and i am disheartened that it has resurfaced. as what others have said, this feels more like a primer rather than a moisturiser. the smooth application is a facade, i doubt there is any true moisturising in this product. the shine control is probably from the amount of silicones used in it. i have to say the packaging is great and looks extremely sleek for a drugstore product. scent is ok too, nothing too overpowering in my opinion. tldr, definitely not a hydrating product if you are looking for one. those with sensitive skin should be extra careful as well. proceed with caution.

on 5/17/2018 10:44:00 PM

Wow, never thought I'd love a moisturizer this much. There are very few moisturizers I use up, most are still half full. I have bought this several times, it's that good, and oh so light, cool, feels unbelievable.

on 5/10/2018 1:23:00 AM

I had crystal clear skin prior to buying this cursed product. I figured I'd give it a try, because it was around the same price as my usual moisturiser that I ran out of. I tried it on my hand at the store and it felt amazing. So I brought it home and put it on my skin, and it started to sting immediately. WITHIN A FEW HOURS I HAD RED PATCHES ALL OVER MY CHEEKS AS IF I WAS A BURN VICTIM!! Pimples also started to pop out all over my face, something that has never happened in MONTHS despite me being a teen. Folks, SAVE YOUR MONEY AND YOUR SKIN and move to a better moisturiser!!! NEVER AGAIN, NEUTROGENA! POISON FOR YOUR SKIN!

on 5/4/2018 6:53:00 PM

I’ve carefully maintained my skin for years. It’s usually very resillient and far from sensitive.
Bought this because it was “non-comedogenic and alcohol-free.”
I haven’t broken out so bad in years. First night I used this there was a light stinging sensation. Assumed it was because my skin was dry after cleansing. Second night there was no stinging but saw some peeling on my skin in the morning. Odd, but didn’t want to blame the product just yet. After the third night I broke out horribly. These days I’ll get maybe one pimple every two three weeks.
This caused clusters of pimples. My forehead, temples, cheeks, chin, nose, all the way down to my neck. I don’t even remember ever having pimples on my neck before but now I have 6-7 on my neck. All red and angry.
If you’re adamant about purchasing this then please at least patch test for several days. It’s been years since I’ve broken out in any capacity but this just left my skin a mess.

on 4/26/2018 8:50:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I usually like to go a bit more in depth with reviews but I think this one can be covered simply by: didn't moisturise, broke me out everywhere.

I did not like this cream. It has too much fragance, and it doesn't feel hydrating or moisturizing at all.
Wouldn't purchase again. I won't even use it.

on 4/16/2018 7:56:00 AM

broke me out the next day. smells fresh. did not moisturize so I went and got the extra dry version. I didnt like that one either. now they r both my hand and neck cream.

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Broke me out badly, I hadn’t got pimples this bad in years. Felt more like a silicon based primer that gives your skin that synthetic silk texture than a healthy moisturizer that plumps your skin, which is what I was looking for. Never buying again going to use the rest of the product on my hands and arms.

on 3/3/2018 12:03:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I have tried so many moisturizers and i could never find one that set will with my skin. I got it cause Allie Glines (youtuber) did a whole video on Allure Winners of 2017. So did bought some of the items she mentioned on her video and this was one of them. This melts into my skin and goes really well with all my foundation that i use. I also use it when going out and no makeup what so ever. And keeps me really moisturize all day , and aim really dry during the winter. I live in Texas (south ) so let see how that tests out with the heat.