Bath & Body Works Twilight Woods Body Lotion

Bath & Body Works Twilight Woods Body Lotion

4.3

on 8/12/2012 5:18:00 PM

Great scent;i only use the lotion and it smells great,it lasts for a long time leaving skin soft and silky.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I actually bought this in the hand cream (shea cashmere something or other) and I love it! It smells amazing and I definitely recommend trying it. One of the best bath and body works scents in my opinion.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I quite like this scent for fall, though it's too strong for spring or summer. It's warm and musky, a little bit unisex even. I like that this scent is more unisex without having the cloying vetiver notes that are so predominant in Axe, etc.

B&BW also produced a Twilight Woods for their Men's line, which I think is supposed to smell more masculine but to me they are almost indistinguishable.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Sweet unique musky scent that I wasnt crazy about at first. But after some time I grew to really really like it. I usually go for the tropical line with Bali, Fiji etc...so this was a nice change. Lingers on my skin after a few hours which is nice.

I like the smell of this, I'm getting something like sandalwood incense (I see it's oud not sandal, hmm not normal oud) & subtle musky floral (2 of my faves, frangipane & honeysuckle), with a definite hint of stewed or brewed apricot in the background. It does have a mature & mysterious aspect. Perfect for layering with Alchimie, Theorema, or alot of my earthy & dark scents; nice with roses too.

notes as seen on NST: berry, mandarin, coconut, frangipani, mimosa, wet honeysuckle, apricot, oud wood, musk, orris, vanilla milk and warm woods.

I like the body cream for my hands, and the lotion is better with some hazlenut oil or sweet almond oil mixed in. I have it in travel containers, ez to shake it up.

on 3/16/2012 11:13:00 PM

Yuk...too cloying for me and gives me a headache...has a weird note like regurgitated pineapple or something...not my thing!

on 3/15/2012 7:41:00 AM

LOVE IT!! This is my go to scent. I only wear the lotion/body creme and it is just enough.....not too strong. Just enough for people to comment on my wonderful scent!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

I'll admit it... I'm kinda shocked to see such a high rating for this lotion. To me, the fragrance isn't anything to brag about. Sure, it's a very womanly and musky scent, but not in a sexy way. This smells like something a grandmother would wear. Honestly, I'm only reminded of worn-out Prada bags and middle aged ladies. When it comes to the lotion itself, it's not very special, either. It's incredibly so-so. I don't normally find the B&BW lotions to be all that moisturizing in general, and this doesn't do anything to prove me wrong. Oh, it's light, creamy, and fast-absorbing. But you can't forget that comes along with it quickly vanishing and leaving your legs dry and smelling like someone's inappropriate mother. This is really just an average lotion with a horrible smell.

I never bought this, I've only received it as a Christmas gift two years back. I still have it lying around in case of desperate emergencies (I do have dry skin and average lotion is better than no lotion), but thankfully, those situations haven't occurred yet. Despite not purchasing it, the price is more than likely the same as it is with every B&BW lotion. Yucky. I'll never be buying this, ever.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Bath&BodyWorks's Twilight Woods' body lotion contains vitamin e, jojoba oil, and shea butter. Twilight Woods is supposed to smell like a romantic walk in the woods, if that smells like apricot nectar, mimosa petals, tuscan cypress, warm woods, and juicy berries, instead of decaying leaves and pine needles. I purchased my 3 fl oz travel sized bottle at Bath&BodyWorks for $3.33 on a 3/$10 deal. Bath&BodyWorks does not test on animals.
Packaging isn't any different from the rest of the Bath&BodyWorks Signature line. A curvy shaped plastic, brown bottle The label isn't as appealing as other Bath&BodyWork's lotions. It looks like a blurred out image of a tree in a field with a taupe to purple color scheme. Not really eye catching.
The lotion it's self is also B&BW standard. White, smooth, not thick or runny. It sinks in pretty fast and doesn't feel greasy. Unlike many heavily perfumed lotions, Twilight Woods doesn't make my hands feel dry or stiff. I don't feel like Twilight Woods is particularly moisturizing either though. I feel the need to reapply after an hour or two.
I can't really pinpoint any particular scents in Twilight Woods. It's woody with a hint of berries and musk. It's definitely a scent made for fall and winter, it has a particular evening smell to it. It's kind of a heavy scent. Honestly it smells a little old to me. Like something a great aunt would wear. I think if it were a lighter scent, I wouldn't feel that way.
Because of how heavy Twilight Woods' scent is, it lingers for a long time. Sometimes if I apply it all over my body, I can smell it the next morning. Impressive for just a lotion, no?
If you like heavier, woody scents, or are a great aunt, Twilight Woods is certainly for you. It's a decent quality lotion with a nice smell, and when bought on sale, is a good value. Personally I won't repurchase, as I like to try new scents at B&BW. Also it's a tad strong for me. But I recommend it if you're looking to try a wintery, woody scent.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This is my HG body lotion. This reminds me of Fall and I use this a lot during the cold months. It smells amazing on my skin and leaves it very soft and non-greasy. The smell lasts a long time and is very noticible. I saw a complete turn around on my skin since I switched to this (I was using baby lotion). My skin became soft, silky, and even glowing. I recomend this to everyone that wants baby soft skin. I refuse to pay the full $10.50 for this (not because it's not worth it, just because that is a huge price to pay for a lotion). I love this but will only buy it with a coupon.

Popular Lotions / Creams