NARS Cosmetics Night Star

NARS Cosmetics Night Star

3.4

on 11/13/2004 8:08:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I totally agree with MsiLLneSs' post. I reeeeeally wanted to love this shadow because it has such pretty gold glitter in it. However, as much as I could see it on my hand, on my eyes I saw nothing...nothing. What's even more annoying is that the glitter gets in your eyes so it shines in the light. Too bad.

on 10/22/2004 12:48:00 PM

very pretty colour, but the gold glitter was quite obvious. neutral/warm colour. i'm a cool ppp, but it looked fine on me. a good base for brown eye looks

This is the prettiest golden color with a hint of sparkle, that really makes my blue eyes POP! It's subtle enough for day, so I can wear this to school (I'm a HS senior). I pair this with LORAC eyeshadow/liner pencil in midnight sparkle, and NARS l/g in Turkish delight. Love this shadow!! Next I want to buy Night Breed or Night Flight!!

on 9/1/2004 11:10:00 PM

This and Laura Mercier's Twinkle are my two workhorse brow highlighting shades. They're nude with a bit of sparkle. I didn't buy this expecting a lot of pigment, and that's good, because it's virtually nonexistent. Really gives my eyes a finished, polished look, though.

A lot of the complaints on the pigmentation are justified but:
If you use your finger to apply this, it is much more opaque and very pretty. It makes my grey/green eyes pop. I usually use a brush or an eyeshadow sponge, and they don't work with this shadow at all. I rarely advocate finger use for e/s, but with this one it makes a world of difference. I wouldn't buy this without a gift certificate though - $18 could be put to a lot better use! However, it does not crease, is very silky and wears all day.

on 7/15/2004 1:16:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I love this eyeshadow, it was the first NARS shadow I ever bought and it will definitely not be the last! The color is great for any skin tone, and the shimmer in it is just perfect, not too much or too little.

This shade, made famous by Sex and the City, is a beautiful golden peach that's perfect for day or night. The shimmer is subtle, but enough to really makes eyes "pop." This has become a definite staple for me.

This sparkly eyeshadow is perfect for turning daytime makeup into nighttime makeup. The sparkle adds the necessary amount of glitz when you only have a few moments to touch up. I like to use it for layering over boring brown drugstore eyeshadow. For extra pizazz I apply it over the NARS glitter pencil in Danceteria.

on 5/14/2004 5:13:00 PM

Gorgeous in the pan -- and that's about it. It's a beautiful beigey peach with gold shimmer -- but it has below average pigmentation and doesn't stay put. Usually that's a 2 lippie rating, but given it's NARS and pricey, that makes it 1 for me. It isn't even versatile as a sheer wash, b/c usually I want my wash to be "truly" basic and not have sparkles. Plus it crumbles easily (parts of it are shattered even though I didn't drop it). No repurchase.

the color is amazing.. i love using pale/peaches/nudes/pinks on my eye lids cuz i use alot of black eye liner and im a ppp.. this is a beautiful nudish peach with lots of micro goldish silver glitter in it.. the only thing is.. once u apply all the glitter flies all over the place.. but overall its a good product but then again nars is a very good makeup brand i love all their products