Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle Conditioner

Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle Conditioner
Tea Tree Tingle ConditionerTrader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle Shampoo & Conditioner

4.3

Ingredients (*=Organic): Water, *Tea Tree Oil, *Peppermint Oil, *Eucalyptus Oil, *Nettle Oil, *Thyme Oil, Birch Leaf Oil, *Chamomile Oil, *Clary, *Coltsfoot Leave, *Yarrow Oil, *Mallow, *Horsetail Oil, *Soybean Protein, Cetyl Alcohol (Plant Derived), Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Trace Minerals, Citric Acid (Corn), Sodium Hydroxymethglycinate, Grapefruit Seed (Citrus Derived)

on 10/6/2009 11:54:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Other, Other, Fine

Love it. Great daily co-wash conditioner that is silicone free. Good slipp, and the tea tree oil feels great on the scalp and is a nice wake-me-up in the morning. Price is right at $3 a bottle. Gives good curl definition. IMHO, it is a direct comparison to Giovanni Organic's Tea Tree Triple Treat Conditioner.

UPDATE DEC 2010:
My husband has always had dry scalp, and used to use Keracare Dry and Itchy Scalp *$28 for shampoo and conditioner* to alleviate. I replaced that with the TJ Tea Tree Shampoo and Conditioner- and much better results, for a quarter of the price. He used successfully through the summer, fall, and now very cold winters here in the Northeast. Highly recommended for those that have dry scalp issues.

One morning, I woke up with perfectly smooth, shiny hair, even though I had showered in the evening and gone to bed without blow drying. I did a quick mental rewind, to figure out what had caused this miracle to happen. Then I realized I had used TJ's Tea Tree Tingle Conditioner and Shampoo the night before. This conditioner is relatively thin and probably best suited for normal, unprocessed hair (like mine). It's main ingredients are water and bunch of essential oils, and the only conditioning agent I can detect on the ingredient list is cetyl alcohol. If you need heavy moisturizing, this won't cut it... but if you just need a basic conditioner to smooth out the cuticle without weighing down your hair, this is it!

on 8/28/2009 12:40:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I purchased this along with the Tea Tree Shampoo. I have long, thick hair that needs a good conditioning on the ends. I found this conditioner to perform more like a creme rinse. It really didn't condition very well but did detangle my hair. I would not repurchase this again. I was not too pleased with the perfomance of the shampoo either (which I wrote a separate review on).

The bottle shape is odd and difficult to describe.... mostly shaped like a long, tall pyramid. I have small hands so it is difficult to grasp. It does have a nice scent though.

on 7/29/2009 10:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Hair type - 4B non-relaxed, dry color-treated, afro textured

If i use this with the companion poo, my hair is thirsty for days! But as a co-wash, thumps up. It has tea tree, peppermint and rosemary hence the 'tingle'. Great for those grimy, humid days or after a sweaty workout. I follow this up with leave-in, gotta keep the moist.

$3usd

on 6/11/2009 5:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Other

Luv this conditioner along with the coordinating shampoo. I have scalp issues and dry hair so I amped this up with a deep moisturizing conditioner and together they make my all natural African American hair feel great!

on 5/18/2009 8:57:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

A very lightweight conditioner. A much more subtle scent than the shampoo. The 1st time I used it I felt very itchy but I had just colored my hair so I decided to try it again. No problems since. The bottle shape can be a bit annoying if you have small hands like me & need to squeeze the product out (almost impossible). $3.99

on 5/18/2009 6:47:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Even more amazing than the TJ Spa Nourish Line...I don't like the smell of Spa Nourish so I thought I'd give TTT a try. I definitely don't regret it as it's the most moisturizing conditioner I've ever used for $3.99! The smell is wonderful too...a nice kick of peppermint and tea tree to wake you up in the mornings. It leaves my hair soft and silky and contains no parabens/sulfates, only natural ingredients and essential oils. Almost too good to be true - hope they don't discontinue this line. I'd say it's about as good as Giovanni's natural shampoos/conditioners, but for a fraction of the price.

on 4/10/2009 2:27:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I really like this conditioner. It doesn't weigh my hair down, but it moisturizing enough that it leaves my dry hair soft, shiny, and tangle free. Unlike the shampoo this is not too heavy on the peppermint EO, but you do know it's there. Once rinsed I can't smell much of it in my hair, which is nice.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This is a really nice conditioner for being mostly natural and organic. It actually conditions and detangles my hair!!! Go figure... and with out containging any 'cones. I love the minty tingle on my scalp and love the way it makes my hair feel: Conditioned with out the heaviness like other conditioners. I will definitely buy this again.

on 2/19/2009 11:19:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Wow, this detangled my hair like a dream and left it less frizzy with good definition after getting out the shower. Plus it had a good minty scent and is perfect for those that CO wash. In the morning when my hair dried, it wasn't all poufy and knotty. The ingredient list is very impressive. Lots of natural oils which is a plus since my hair loves them. I'll have to try the shampoo next. Update: still love this after so many years. great for detangling and co-washing.