Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle Conditioner

Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle Conditioner
Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle Shampoo & Conditioner

4.3

Ingredients (*=Organic): Water, *Tea Tree Oil, *Peppermint Oil, *Eucalyptus Oil, *Nettle Oil, *Thyme Oil, Birch Leaf Oil, *Chamomile Oil, *Clary, *Coltsfoot Leave, *Yarrow Oil, *Mallow, *Horsetail Oil, *Soybean Protein, Cetyl Alcohol (Plant Derived), Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Trace Minerals, Citric Acid (Corn), Sodium Hydroxymethglycinate, Grapefruit Seed (Citrus Derived)

on 8/6/2018 12:49:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a light conditioner that feels refreshing and detangles well. Since it leaves no nasty residue and doesn't cause dandruff, it's great when used daily on my thick, long, colored hair. By itself, it won't turn straw into silk (I often follow up with a high-end, leave-in conditioning spray), but it's a basic in my shower.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This conditioner and the matching shampoo saved my scalp! I have issues with eczema on various parts of my body, including my scalp.
My hair is very fine in texture but thick in quantity, and shoulder length with a very slight wave. I wash and condition every other day. The only styling product I use is sea salt spray for texture and I blow dry each time. I occasionally use temporary natural henna dye, but never anything chemical or permanent. Both hair and scalp tend to be a little dry.
After shampooing, I massage this conditioner into my scalp and finger comb it through all my hair. I let it sit for a few minutes to really sink in. It rinses cleanly and easily, leaving my scalp hydrated and hair easy to comb. Using this pair leaves my hair light and smooth with body and shine, never weighed down or dry, just nicely balanced. And my scalp is very calm & happy, all eczema & irritation has cleared!
Most shampoos and conditioners have irritated my scalp eczema over the years. I have tried many dandruff shampoos with no success. This pair is the only thing that has cleared my scalp. I’ve been using for about a year.

Used to love this! The scent is great, the tingle is lovely, but the last several washes it has left my hair tangled like crazy :( I comb conditioner thru with a wide tooth in the shower, but after drying my hair with a tshirt, tangle city. Love the shampoo but this one is off of my list now.

on 2/7/2017 11:38:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I have mixed feelings about this product.

The good: It's cheap and easy to find. It smells great and has a nice tingle. Using it as a cowash is kind of brilliant. It's an usual product in that is moisturizes, lathers a bit, and then rinses clean. It just feels good on the scalp.

The bad: I find it frankly a pain to use. You have to use a lot of water to work it into the hair and use a lot of product. Then you have to use a lot of water to rinse it. I frequently get out of the shower and have to step back in to keep rinsing.

Pro-Tip: Dilute the conditioner. I was trying to get the last bit out and added some water and shook it up. At 50% water it's a milkshake texture that's much easier to work into the scalp.

When I finish this bottle I'll probably hold onto it and use it to dilute the next.

on 1/8/2016 11:08:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

My HG co-wash! I have dry scalp and must use tea tree in order to calm it. Up until I discovered this, I was using Nature's Gate Tea Tree Conditioner but it was a challenge to find and the price point kept going up, so I began the hunt for a replacement. I was in TJ's and noticed this, read the ingredients, found that it's CG friendly, and snatched it up! At $6 a bottle, I'm in love. It's definitely calming to my scalp and does an excellent job on my hair. I don't use shampoo, so this is my cleanser, and it does a fantastic job. First application is the basic wash then rinse and the 2nd application is where I leave it in for about 5 minutes. The slip is awesome and I get moisturized hair AND a calm scalp. Oh and the scent is heavenly, if you like tea tree oil, which I do. It's ideal in the mornings when I'm fighting the urge to crawl back in bed. I cannot ask for more. Trader Joe's, don't ever discontinue this!!!!!

*HG* Fantastic product. Has enough slip to detangle my long, superfine hair but rinses clean - no slick silicone residue on hair, face, or body after using in the shower. The tea tree oil seems to keep my oily SD-prone scalp clarified and healthy. Very balanced. An excellent dupe for Giovanni's Tea Tree Triple Treat conditioner at half the price.

on 7/21/2015 7:47:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I love the scent of this product and how invigorating it is! I follow the curly girl method and apply lots of this product into my hair when my head is flipped down. If lip my hair back up and do the rest of my shower routine, and then I flip my head over again and cup handfuls of water into my hair. This promotes curling and keeps my hair hydrated. I also love the tea tree body wash!

on 6/20/2015 12:37:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This was crap. I tried it for CO washing, and although it smelled like Wen and was easy to distribute through my hair, it didn't leave my fine hair feeling clean for long. By noon the next day I NEEDED to wash my hair. It did nothing for my waves and made my neck itch.

So next time I used it I tried it as a conditioner and rubbed a nickel sized amount through my bob length fine hair. When I tried to comb my hair I couldn't get a comb through without hitting a lot of tangles.

Into the trash this goes. It has not done its job on any front. An although I like tea tree and mint I find the scent a little off. It needs more peppermint. There's too much menthol in it for my taste which is why it reminds me of Wen.

The bottle sucks. Hard to squeeze. Oh well at least it was cheap.

I am so happy to have a shampoo and matching conditioner that truly compliments each other! I found this conditioner to be pretty moisturizing and the smell is great. I'm very pleased with both the shampoo and matching conditioner, especially together. These bottles are about 13 oz. and huge, so it will be a while before I have to repurchase. ;)

on 3/6/2015 3:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This conditioner is great. First of all, when you apply it, it kinda lathers like soap, except it has a conditioner feel. Kinda reminds me of hair dye texture when you apply it. I love how it makes your hair tingle as well. I use this in combination with the Trader's Joes tea tree shampoo.

The only downside, is I have to use a TON of conditioner, more than the amount of shampoo I use because it doesn't really smooth out onto my hair evenly. It's hard to describe. It somewhat lathers, but kinda stays in the area you first apply it. I do have extremely long hair, so that could also be the reason why.

Popular Conditioners