Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle Conditioner

Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle Conditioner
Tea Tree Tingle ConditionerTrader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle Shampoo & Conditioner

4.3

Ingredients (*=Organic): Water, *Tea Tree Oil, *Peppermint Oil, *Eucalyptus Oil, *Nettle Oil, *Thyme Oil, Birch Leaf Oil, *Chamomile Oil, *Clary, *Coltsfoot Leave, *Yarrow Oil, *Mallow, *Horsetail Oil, *Soybean Protein, Cetyl Alcohol (Plant Derived), Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Trace Minerals, Citric Acid (Corn), Sodium Hydroxymethglycinate, Grapefruit Seed (Citrus Derived)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

TJ's conditioner has all of the ingredients that a top organic fancy shmancy conditioner would have (and no sulfates and chemicals that are truly bad for your body and hair), it actually WORKS, and it's very low priced.

I have kind of crazy hair- it's super thick, wavy/curly and medium coarse. I've tried almost all of the expensive organic brands out there, from Nature's Gate to Carol's Daughter, and they have either weighed my hair down or don't de-tangle. This inexpensive Trader Joe's version is the best conditioner I've used without the chemicals.

I've tried leaving it in for a long time, I've tried leaving in for just as long as it takes to put in and then wash out, and I've tried using it on dry hair without washing it out. All of those methods worked without weighing my hair down- each time my hair was moisturized, detangled, not weighed down, and not dried out. I honestly don't understand how it de-tangles and doesn't weigh hair down even when I leave it in based on the ingredients, but it does!

I like the consistency- it spreads throughout my hair well. I like more fruity smells, but this minty smell is not anything to complain about. It's subtle and nice even if it's not what I prefer.

I'd recommend for anyone to try and for the price, why not?

on 8/27/2012 10:52:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

This conditioner is surprisingly thick and has a lot of slip. I wasn't expecting that considering that the ingredient list, which is made up mostly of plant extracts. My hair feels super smooth while in the shower. As my hair is drying, it starts too look a little frizzy, which I fix with argan oil. Overall, my hair looks pretty good. This also makes a fantastic shave cream for my legs.

on 6/17/2012 10:26:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Holy Moly - this conditioner (like the shampoo) is fantastic and the price is unbelievable for the quality and performance! This (along w/ Dove Nourishing Oil Cond. - separate review) is the 1st & only non-high end priced conditioner (for me) that performs up there (& better!) w/ the high end conditioners I use (Kerastase, Bumble & Bumble, Joico, Biolage, Redken) & trust me, I have been looking, trying reasonably priced conditioners for the past 30 years (Neutrogena, L'oreal,etc.) but was usually disappointed w/ all of them until this GEM. Reading the super impressive ingredient list (60% of the Ingredients are Organic), how can Trader Joe's even make a profit as this conditioner charges next to nothing ($3.99 for 16 oz = $1.99 for 8 oz!)? Again thanks to MUA as I would not have tried this shampoo & conditioner if wasn't for the rave reviews.

I am 46 w/ slightly oily scalp & dry ends. Cindy Crawford (who is also 46 or 47) mentions quite often that women need to be careful of their hair aging (as well as our face & body) which results in less volume, less SHINE & less health (resulting in weaker hair w/ more breakage). I have Korean stick-straight, shiny, silky hair 3" past my shoulders. My hair used to be insanely shiny silky w/ other Koreans asking if I was regularly getting "shine treatments" @ the salon (nope, genetics thanks to parents). However due to stress in the past 3 years, my hair has taken a beating & I am more sensitive to dulling films or coatings in my hair/scalp from shampoos/conditioners as I have aged (thus I'm trying to go the non-sulfate route (I do find it helps w/ less film, coating on my hair/scalp).

I LOVE the TJ Tea Tree Conditioner (I only use the TJ Cond. on my scalp to neck & use a stronger deeper conditioner from neck area down). If you look look up the benefits of tea tea oil for your scalp's health, you will appreciate this product even more. I love the tingle, my scalp feels clean, fresh and revived & my hair is left so shiny/glossy. After 1 use, I noticed a DRAMATIC increase in my hair's shine & decent bounce/movement. My FRIENDS ALSO NOTICED (w/o any nudging from me) which is the true test. If you have longer dry hair w/ damaged ends, you might need to use a stronger/deeper conditioner just for your ends (I use Dove Nourishing Oil from the neck down).

For co-washing, this Conditioner is AMAZING! I tried a Wen type of conditioner co-wash from Lisa Rachel w/ Tea Tree Oil ($7.99 for 8 oz, great reviews on amazon.com but I didn't like the filmy feeling & my hair was not so shiny w/ Lisa R) but the TJ Tea Tree Cond. was SO much better (scalp felt cleaner & tingle was amazing)! I work out 7 days a week, 2 hours a day so I look so forward to using this conditioner as a co-wash to help keep my scalp/hair fresh & conditioned w/o the unnecessary stress & over drying from shampooing too much. The TJ Tea Tree Oil Body Wash is great too (both $3.99 for 16 oz, you just can't find this great quality for UNBELIEVABLE low prices). At TJ's (in NYC), these Tea Tree Items go FAST (noticeable on the shelves compared to other TJ's Beauty products that are great quality as well).

I am 46, have fine (but lots of it) long (5" past shoulders), black, stick straight, silky Korean hair. Slightly oily scalp with dry ends. I use: Kerastase Bain Miroir 1 & 2 Shampoos, Kerastase masques (MasquIntense, UV Defense), Bumble & Bumble (Super Rich), Joico (K-Pak deep conditioners), Redken (Extreme Conditioner).

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

My new HG conditioner. It costs ~$6 for sixteen ounces ($0.50/ounce!!!) and detangles like a dream. It smells fantastic and has great ingredients. I've never been able to finger comb my long, extremely thick hair before using this product; even if I've gone a few days without brushing my hair, I can detangle my hair without a brush or comb when using this conditioner. The bottle isn't very easy to squeeze, so I poured it into another container. Otherwise, it's perfect.

on 2/20/2012 11:03:00 PM

L.O.V.E.

this conditioner is nothing special. i dont really notice anything different i use many conitioning treatments on my hair so this really doesnt bother me but i rather have something to make hair soft nd moisturized. on the other i love the shampoo :) i would not repurchase if ur air was very oily nd easliy greasy i would recomened this but if ur like me who wants and needs plenty of moisture to the hair i would not recommened this

on 10/29/2011 11:43:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

What can i say that hasnt been said before? Lovely! Conditions, doesnt weigh down my hair, leaves hair super soft and shiny and helps my winter dry scalp. Will definitely repurchase.

on 8/14/2011 11:03:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

BUY this conditioner. It will really make your hair happy.
I have been kind of skeptical of the whole silicone free conditioner movement. However, when I compare my hair performance with a silicone containing conditioner and a non-silicone containing conditioner, I do think your own experimentation can be somewhat valuable.

As your hair ages, I think the silicone free products really make a big difference. Talking to the late 30's hair crowd here.
Politics aside, this is a surprisingly well constructed shampoo, that over-delivers with its moisturizing formula.
My 3c, 4a hair really likes this. Its a great staple to have around the house. Nothing nasty to create additional worry if you have any chronic health challenges.

on 2/20/2010 6:55:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I have baby fine, below the shoulder hair, and while the Tresemme I've been using detangles wonderfully, it does leave a residue that weighs down my hair. Based on the reviews here, and loving Trader Joe's as I do, I tried this conditioner. It detangled my hair and left absolutely no residue. Even though I apply conditioner only to the bottom half of my hair, I have more volume. There are few things that I ascribe HG status to, but this is definitely one of them!

Really great companion to the shampoo. I can't use it on my roots though, it makes my hair oily. I tried following the directions and massaging it in, but my hair was just a greasebucket later that day, lol. It works fine when I only put it on the bottom half of my hair though, which is what I do with other conditioners. Great product at a great price.