July 30, 2014 | 2060 users online

Loose Powders - Chanel - Poudre Universelle Libre Natural Finish Loose Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2014 9:31:00 AM More reviews by amandamarieee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is the only powder I will ever use when it comes to setting my whole face. It's amazing and it's perfect for a person like me, who suffers from dry skin, loves being dewy and having a glow and dont want to become too matte or powdery by any means.

I will adress that this is surely an investment - the price is surely not what you could wish for it to be it - it is preeeeetty darn pricey, but with that said, you do get quite a lot of product and a cute little chanel powder puff with too for that matter! Plus that this powder will for sure last you a loooong time, as you do not need a whole lot and there's a great amount of it in the jar, which is of course a very wonderful thing! You DEFINITELY get what you pay for in this product, but you do need to be willing to splurge a little bit, I gotta say.

This powder is extremely finely milled and pretty much feels like silk gliding over your skin. The scent it slighty floral and it's actually a pretty nice scent and I dont mind it, even though I wouldn't mind if it wasn't there either. I am pretty sure that there is not enough fragrance/perfume in this to severely irritate your face and skin, but of course that's something you have to try and find out yourself.

I like to apply all my makeup first and then finish off with this as the very last thing. When you've let your makeup melt into your skin a little first, this powder wont camouflage either a natural glow or a glow you've created with products such as highlighter, foundation etc. and I love that. It doesn't make you COMPLETELY matte at all which i enjoy a lot, even though it still does a very good job at taking shine away throughout the day, but it doesn't make you look dead or too powdery/matte when you do it for that purpose either. Loving it.

I love to use this to set my undereye concealer as well, as it feels very light under your eyes and it doesn't make it cakey or too much because this powder is so finely milled and lightweight and natural looking on the skin.

I use the shade 20 Clair - Translucent on my fair to medium skin and indeed, it is translucent which also makes it very natural and doesn't overpower your face or make it seem like you have another layer of face makeup on, but keeps your natural glow as said earlier in this review.

I do struggle with dry to very dry skin from time to time sad mentioned at first in this review and i usually hate powders, both because they do not help on my dry skin but also because I hate being matte and not looking dewy/having a glow - but this powder i absolutely LOVE and if this powder did not exist, I probably wouldn't even use a powder!

It comes in a big, fancy glass jar with a lid on top. There's a powder puff coming with it and it's actually not bad! You can easily use it, if that's what you wish for. It has small little holes for the powder to come out, but if you dont like too much powder coming out/feel like you're wasting a lot by letting all the little holes be free, you can keep the piece of plastic there's on top of it and only reveal a few holes to be free, so you can control the amount of powder much better. This isn't the best packaging ever for traveling, but it does look VERY fancy on the vanity and so on! Very luxury and nice looking for sure.

I will keep purchasing this powder forever, regardless of the price. It's amazing and I would definitely recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2014 4:55:00 AM More reviews by Janamaria

I love this product to bits! It's by far my all time favorite powder! It gives a beautiful, natural finish and you can powder your face as much as you want during the day - it will never look like you have too much on. It does also not break me out since it is extremely fine. Another pro is that I bought it over a year ago, used it every day, and there is still half of it left. It's very good value for money and I would recommend it to everyone!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/3/2014 6:44:00 PM More reviews by cinderella0408

I really wanted to like this product but it break me out. I tried few times with the same result! So sorry I guess.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/2/2014 11:57:00 AM More reviews by asherzoby

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

i hope i got the right powder! i got the loose powder from chanel.

i love the way it goes on, so smooth and leaves my face feeling matte. the smell, the texture really works for me. draw backs? the price!!!!! its crazy. i feel like i am paying for the "experience" and not so much the product. the powder still drops off (like any other loose powder) so what's the deal about the price!

but well, that being said, i guess i am sold on the luxurious idea of chanel. ho hum. until i find a cheaper alternative or run out of spare cash.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2014 4:36:00 AM More reviews by Kateaf12

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Green

A lovely fine milled powder that sets foundation beautifully. It has a subtle floral scent I love and the packaging, as always with chanel, is gorgeous. It is pretty expensive in Aus ($70ish compared to $52Usd, that's approx $56aud if the prices where translated properly.) but I'm not too annoyed as the product is lovely and should last a while.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/20/2014 10:06:00 PM More reviews by GGshoe

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

If you have great skin or want a light cover loose powder, this is it.
Perfect for day & daily use, for night or more cover I go with the Chanel Double Perfection Lumiere.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/12/2014 11:22:00 AM More reviews by luluisalilskunk

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

A close runner up to the Averine loose powder that I used last time, the other one is finer more delicate with a lousy puff that needs to be changed but Chanel has a better more luxurious puff.. Only thing I didn't like was my nose got a little sensitive to it and I sneezed a couple of times I put it on.

Overall nothing I can find fault with, has a natural velvety finish with nice beige tone (I used the lightest shade)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2014 4:20:00 AM More reviews by selins

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Most natural look that You can recieve from a powder. And for the reference I hate powders and the way they look on skin. Bever had bought one before but when I tested this at sephora I was shocked. It just disappeared on my skin. Plus I couldnt see my little pores on my nose. Loved it and will repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/3/2014 11:04:00 AM More reviews by Heyheytaytay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I can't really fault this because it does stand by its promises. It absorbs oil as much as it can on my face and didn't look thick or cakey... The price is something you spend as a luxury on something like a translucent powder.... I knew there where others cheaper on the marker that do the same(ish) job. It's just more for the packaging and luxury( I knew this type of product works and lasts a long time I figured I would get my money's worth and enjoy it) I defiantly would suggest this powder it makes for face look fresh and silky

rated 4 of 5 on 4/22/2014 12:26:00 PM More reviews by hypnose01

I love this poudre so now. I think that the High Definition powder is the future...