Chanel Poudre Universelle Libre Natural Finish Loose Powder

4.5

Talc, Nylon-12, Silica, Lauroyl lysine, Magnesium Myristate, Boron nitride, Phenyl Trimethicone, Aluminum hydroxide, Potassium Sorbate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Parfum, CI 77007, CI 77491, CI 77499, CI 77891, Mica

on 8/23/2015 5:44:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I bought the Chanel Poudre Universelle Libre Natural Finish Loose Powder in 30 Natural and it is a good colour for me. It does look a little lighter than my skin tone but the deeper shade wouldn't match well. This applies really sheer.

The powder is so finely milled and it feels really light on the skin. This is a really mattifying powder for me surprisingly and I have extremely oily skin. I donít think I got a natural finish from this but more of a semi-matte finish and it would look a little flat so some contouring is needed to bring back dimension to the face. I'm not sure if it controls oil or not but it definitely absorbs them well upon application. If you pair this with Estee Lauder Double Wear you'll get a super combo against greasy disco ball face. When I tested this out for the first couple of days, I tried layering it on to get rid of some oiliness throughout the day and it didn't look too cakey but have the potential to be if applied heavy handedly. Since I normally don't carry this around with me I only apply it when I put on makeup before going out and use blotting paper when I get oily in the middle of the day as I usually would. It held well for three hours on bare face and four hours on top of Double Wear. Also, I wear this sometimes on its own regardless of the non-existing coverage. I notice that it blurs out pores a little bit. Just a little.

You don't need to use a lot of this so I feel like this loose powder would last for a long time since it has 30g of product. Other people might disagree but I'm upset that the container isn't as fancy or luxurious as I hoped it would be especially for the price I spent on it. I think Givenchy Libre Prism looks better in comparison but that's just my thoughts. The Chanel logo saved it though. The container is made out of high quality plastic (I think?), is strongly built and light to hold. I don't carry loose powder with me and leave it on the vanity table although I know other people might prefer otherwise. I just think carrying a loose powder regardless of brand and packaging in your handbag would result to a total mess. Opt for a compact version instead.

Other than that, it didn't break me out but I always make sure to wash my face carefully. I hate scented face products but I donít feel bothered at all while wearing this so it must be lightly scented. Others with dry sensitive skin might experience it differently. I also like the puff that it comes with but it gets dirty so easily and is hard to get rid of the colour stain (I think more from the foundation I use more than the actual product). I apply the powder initially with the puff by tipping the container upside down with the puff covering the holes, tap twice and then take the puff pressing it on my face. I then brush the excess off with a fluffy brush. I do recommend not taking off the sticker and poking the holes with a clean needle if you want to have better control of the product.

Overall, I love it and would repurchase but I'd rather try other loose powders since the price is really damaging to the purse. But still, it is an excellent loose powder!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I bought this Chanel powder in 22 Rose Clair after reading reviews on MUA. I have previously used the Clinique Blended Face Powder and the Bare Minerals Original Mineral Veil SPF 25 as my loose powder.

This powder is incredible. It will set your makeup and keep your face beautiful no matter what conditions you find yourself in! I wore my MUF HD Foundation under this powder and it stayed perfect the entire time I planned and attended an indoor/outdoor summer party. The next day, I wore NARS Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer under this powder for a get-together outside for five hours. It was the most humid weather I have ever experienced and it was hot - it felt like 43 degrees Celsius outside. I got home and my face was still perfectly set! It didn't accentuate any dry spots or blemishes on my face and has a gorgeous satin finish. I would definitely recommend the Rose Clair to anyone lacking some radiance, but for oilier skin types I would go with the original three tones.

I took off one lippie just because of the fragrance, the price, and the packaging of this powder. I have sensitive skin, and the fragrance in this powder is unnecessary. Fortunately, it hasn't caused any breakouts yet on my face and is pleasant if you like perfumed powders. The price is high - $65 CAD with tax - but a little powder goes a long way. This will last me at least two years for sure and with the results it provides, the investment is completely worth it. However, the internal packaging is awful and I recommend leaving the plastic cover on most of the holes so it doesn't explode in your bag. It does look very beautiful on a countertop though :)

This powder is my new HG, thanks to its staying power and beautiful finish. It is a worthwhile investment! Watch out for the fragrance if you have sensitive skin though.

on 6/28/2015 10:03:00 PM

I want to love this... I really, really do! I started using this powder about 6 months ago and shortly afterwards started to get really bad pimples around my chin and lower cheeks. I don't get pimples very often (if at all!), however these would not go away. I started changing everything else because I didn't want to blame the powder. I changed face wash, diet etc... It couldn't be this luxurious, sublime powder!!! I stopped using the powder about 2 weeks ago and have already noticed clearer skin. I hope you ladies have better luck!

on 6/21/2015 7:39:00 PM

Pros:
Provides a nice, matte finish.
Not chalky
Looks Natural
Finely-milled

Cons:
Does nothing to control oil if you have oily skin
Packaging is messy
Not travel friendly

on 6/1/2015 5:11:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

II have a weird relation to this one. I've been using it for over the past 4 years (the same jar) and I'm always saying to myself that I'm going to find a prettier alternative, yet many dollars later, I just can't find a better one!

on 4/6/2015 11:38:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I'm glad I bought this powder! If you think the $52 is a lot, just remember it is 1 oz of product for Chanel's versus 0.3 oz of product for other $35-40 loose powders!!! I've tried Tarte's, Laura Mercier's, and Estee Lauder's loose powders and Chanel's is superior. It is very finely milled and translucent 3 matches my skin tone perfectly. Translucent 3 is a bit yellow/neutral. I put a little powder on the poof it comes with and pat the powder onto my foundation after giving some time for my foundation (Estee Lauder's Double Wear in 4N2 Spiced Sand) to dry. With this loose powder, I never re-touch my makeup during the day! It has a matte finish and is great for making your make up look flawless.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

only of thing to say... love it!!!! my favorite loose powder, plus it really matches your color. oh what id do without chanel! <3

V expensive for what it is. Yes I guess it's nice but nothing better than the $12 ELF one I picked up at kmart. Truly. Don't waste $100.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I just don't understand why chanel don't make this in a smaller form. I know there's a compact version but i don't want compact powder.. i want it loose!

on 9/18/2014 7:17:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I found this powder didn't match my skin tone and was quite yellow/white. I found the coverage was average but highlighted my spots. I think it's highly over priced and not worth the money. I feel your paying more for the name opposed to the product.