July 23, 2014 | 1791 users online

Treatments - Sally Hansen - Cuticle Remover Gel

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2014 3:30:00 PM More reviews by Mamalovesmakeup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Just picked up a bottle of Sally Hansen Gel cuticle remover and I loveeeee it! I have been going nuts because my cuticles have been a mess and I haven't had the time to take care of them. I put it on for about 3 minutes and take a wooden tip and in minutes my cuticles are gone. It's such an easy application, & east removal. I will buy again :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2014 7:41:00 PM More reviews by Susee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

My tube of this is clear and the gel looks yellow; I'm thinking the picture up by the top is old. Anyway, I found this to do exactly what it claims to. I applied it, left it on a couple of minutes, and then used an orangewood stick to push back much softened cuticles.. It didn't totally dissolve them--maybe if I left it on for the maximum time it says to on the tube (8 minutes) it would. I thought it worked really well. I think I will get a LOT of uses out of that tube; I didn't used much at all. I only paid $4.99 at Ulta for this little gem!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2012 12:04:00 PM More reviews by rowenaaine

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I had to write a review on this since it does exactly what it claims to do. And how often do you find that? I didn't want the "instant" remover, because anything that should only remain on my skin for 15 seconds can't be healthy. But this remover claimed to work in a few minutes, so I left it on 2 minutes, and then used an orange stick to push back my cuticles.All the dried skin came right off and my cutes have never looked better. Great, light scent (reminds me of sun lotion) and easy to use packaging - tube that allows you to dispense gel right where you want it. LOVE! 5 lippies across the board for being a product that is affordable, easy and actually works.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/13/2012 11:34:00 PM More reviews by goldandrubies

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This was a decent product, but it pales in comparison to the Sally Hansen problem cuticle remover. It is not as effective. Somehow the problem cuticle remover is stronger and more moisturizing. I can't imagine why someone would want to use this one instead.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/18/2012 8:25:00 AM More reviews by Shahz33

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Works really well to remove cuticle and have used for about 10 years now. I like the gell consistency (or the sally hansen cream version of this product) which stays on the nails and you can see exactly where you have put the product unlike the cuticle removers that come in a nail polish like container. I use an orange stick one I have left the product on for about five minutes, wash off and then go back with a tweezrman mettle cuticle pusher to make sure I haven't missed anything. Works great- only need to repeat every 2-3 weeks for maintenance. A bottle lasts me an incredibly long time- worth the price.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2012 8:21:00 PM More reviews by LilacShine9

I'm someone that has the worst cuticles because they get dry, ragged, and over-grown. This is a good product, but not great like I need. The texture of it is grainy and gel. I think it's more of a buffer than a remover since it didn't remove much, but it did help. I'd rather use some other remover that gives better hydration and true removal.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2011 12:57:00 AM More reviews by sheridanf

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

i love this stuff. i've never used a cuticle remover before and this stuff works really good. it doesn't smell at all so it's not chemically. i like that it's a gel and not something that you paint on. it doesn't burn if you use it right!! the only thing i hate is the tube, i feel like i don't even squeeze it and a shitload of product comes out. most of my nails were almost all covered in the stuff. that is the only flaw!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2011 3:49:00 AM More reviews by scopingforyou

PROS: Works well.

CONS: Too much comes out of the tube at once.

ALTERNATES: Mango Miracle Cuticle Remover by California Mango, which I get at places like Sally Beauty. (It smells wonderful but is more of a softener than a remover.) I really like Be Natural Cuticle Eliminator, which I get at Sally Beauty too, because it works well and has a built-in dropper for easy application.

APPLICATION TIPS: I put this on and let it sit for a minute before using Beauty Secrets Cuticle Pusher & Remover.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2011 1:21:00 AM More reviews by Calicokatie

I get dry, cracked hands in the winter and that makes pushing back cuticles very difficult. This product is very gentle and doesn't burn or sting whatsoever. The tube has lasted me over a year and I use it at least once a month.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2010 6:22:00 AM More reviews by tigra1411

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm on my 2nd bottle of this gel. It lasts me for 2 years - for both manicure and pedicure. it takes on average 30 seconds to softem my cucicles and it doesn't cause any dryness and harm. I apply it once a month or every 2 month and it is enough to keep my cuticle looking cared (I also use cuticle oil and hand cream for additional moisturizing). Will buy this product again.