July 23, 2014 | 2155 users online

Skincare - Body - Hawaiian Tropic - Dark Tanning Oil

rated 3 of 5 on 4/13/2014 8:10:00 PM More reviews by missnancynancy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I just bought this tanning oil, and the only complaint I have is that it is very greasy. Everything sticks to me after I apply it. Other than that, it does it's job, smells amazing and I really enjoy using it. I have trouble tanning in the summer and this oil makes all the difference. Especially with my legs, that barely change colour no matter how much sun they get. I will definitely repurchase!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2013 2:47:00 PM More reviews by FusiaFever

I got this from Ulta for the $3.50 off $10, so for about $7. This is my first tanning oil product. I bought the spray bottle with SPF 6. I wanted to have some sun protection in my tanning oil. The consistency between the two is the same. Both smell DIVINE, just like coconuts on a tropical beach.

I can see why some people claim to use this as moisturizer. The product is basically mists of oil that smells and feels great; however, never really seeps into the skin. I was sliding in my chair hours later. As would be expected though.

PROS- It works really well. You will noticeably get a dark brown tan, even in little sun.

CONS- I made the mistake of underestimating tanning oil. I slathered some on before sitting, walking, and jogging in the daytime. It wasn't so sunny, but I got badly burned. I didn't realize it until I came home with heat exhaustion. NAME OF THE GAME BEING USE SUNSCREEN underneath even spf 6 tanning oil.

MAJOR CON- This product, as well as other commercial tanning oils, contain mineral oil. Mineral oil is a known carcinogen= proven to cause cancer in research. My skin happens to be sensitive to mineral oil. I broke out in a rash known as MILIARIA.

Overall, due to my skin sensitivity to mineral oil, I will not be repurchasing. I do not recommend this product because of MINERAL OIL carcinogen. But it does work. So, decide for yourself.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/8/2013 4:30:00 PM More reviews by Nikovaa

Straight to the point, it works.

Smells pretty good, although its really messy and if you're at the beach expect to be covered in sand (not all over just sand here and there). I wish it was a spray bottle or maybe a roll on, but that's not a huge thing to complain about.

Put it wherever you want a tan and the sun doesn't even have to be out, just lay out for a few minutes and you will see a difference.

DON'T DO WHAT I DID!!! I vacationed in Cancun a few months ago. I was extremely pale to be a latina. So I wanted some color in me. Cancun was always sunny so it was the perfect place. First day on the beach I put this all over (didn't even drench myself, just a mild coverage) but this was all I put. I did not put sunscreen or any SPF underneath or over. I also fell asleep on the beach...horrible HORRIBLE idea. Anyway I got a great tan :) lol. After being out there for 2-3 hours I got about 4 shades darker. and this time my tan actually stayed! usually it fades with time but I have a nice golden tone :) im pretty happy.

If you want a fast tan, use this. BUT PLEASE USE SPF UNDER. Even if it's a low SPF like 30. You will still get tan. Trust me you do not want to look like a shrimp, and a HORRIBLE sunburn to the point where you don't even want to wear clothes.

Good story to tell though, and now I know to always put SPF

(Exact same thing happened to my sister a month later...you can tell we're related)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2013 12:28:00 AM More reviews by janeeugenia

Little thick but very nice smell and helps create nice dark tan while protecting skins and not letting it dry out under the sun

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2012 1:55:00 AM More reviews by Jennbabbles

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I LOVE THIS PRODUCT. whenever im ready for a tan session i will literally bath myself in this. it smells sooooo good and doesnt irritate any part of my body. i could literally use half a bottle in one session, you obviously dont need that much but its just soo great and very affordable.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2012 2:46:00 PM More reviews by BeautyHaunt

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I will buy this product over and over and over again based soley on it's beautiful, tropical, coconut scent. I would never use this to tan. As a body moisturizer, it works fairly well on my sensitive, KP-prone skin. The ingredient list is surprisingly short. This can also be mixed with brown sugar and olive oil to create a delicious, coconut-scented body scrub. Mostly, I use this to smell good, as well as to relax, since this is one of my favorite scents in the world.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2012 9:33:00 PM More reviews by missx6

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I haven't used this for tanning, just as a moisturizer. It smells wonderful and does make my skin very soft. :)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2012 6:20:00 PM More reviews by lollsazz

This is a horrible product for tanning! It's almost all mineral oil! Mineral oil combined with tanning can actually STRIP the colour off your skin! When I tan, I usually get a deep pretty golden colour really fast. I used this last summer, and at the end of summer I was still SO PALE! Also: it was the first time in my life that I actually got a sunburn!!! I couldn't understand what was going on, and decided to investigate. This is what I found:
No wonder I got almost no colour! It's quite easy to find information about this; just search "mineral oil tanning". Seriously people - don't give me a thumbs down without researching this...! Are you really not concerned about this? When something makes you burn in the sun, it makes the risk of cancer much higher!
The smell of this is coconut. It's quite strong, but not bad really. If you want to use this as a moisturizer, it's maybe OK, if you don't think the oiliness of this is a problem. In my opinion, to get more tan, it's better to find a lotion that absorbs and makes your skin produce more melanin, instead of something that sits on top and reflects the sunlight.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2012 12:01:00 PM More reviews by incognito

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I don't use this for tanning, just as a body moisturizer. Works great to seal in moisture after a shower and gives a nice sheen, especially on the legs. I love the scent (slight coconut/tropical) - and I usually don't even like coconut smells as I find them too strong or fake. Just bought another bottle!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2011 7:18:00 PM More reviews by sarah000

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm fair skinned and never tan, but since moving to Costa Rica 2 months ago I started getting some colour on my arms. My legs however still glowed white. I bought this product today and sat out for 20 minutes in the late afternoon sun (I know the sun here and can sit for 2 hours at that time of day generally).

This product achieved in less than half an hour what two months of sun couldn't. My legs have lost their white sheen and I can't wait to use this on my beach trip this weekend (I will be using it solo for short periods, followed by using at least spf 30 and this in combo, Burning is no fun)