August 31, 2014 | 1608 users online

Skincare - Body - Weleda - Sea Buckthorn Body Oil

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2014 1:40:00 PM More reviews by mizsockmonkey

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Absolutely amazing. I'd been using Weleda Wild Rose body oil on my face at night for a while and had great results, so I decided to try this one and I like it even more. It's too heavy for daytime (for me) but when using this on my face at night I wake up with smooth, clear, very soft skin. I tend not to use this on my body, though, just my face. So it lasts forever, as I use a small amount and smooth it on while my face is still damp from washing. I rub the excess into my hands.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2014 8:14:00 AM More reviews by alina08

I bought a travel set that had this oil in it so that I would be able to take it with me while traveling. I chose to bring this one in particular with me because of the scent. It smells slightly medicinal but with a touch of sweetness. I like the texture of the oil, which is light. It blends easily into the skin and is absorbed quickly. The thing I did not like about this oil is the fact that the travel-sized packaging leaks once opened, no matter how hard you try to screw on the lid. For this I removed a lippie. I am on the fence about repurchasing because there are other comparable brands that give you more bang for your buck, although the scent of the products perhaps is not as pleasant as the Sea Buckthorn scent.

Update: I just wanted to mention that the traveling packaging is not airtight and leaked all over the place in my makeup bag. Very disappointing!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2013 5:09:00 PM More reviews by Genitalien

This oil is absolutely wonderful for both the face and the body. For my body, I use it on damp skin because that makes it easier to smooth it out. On my face, it seems to work wonders! I have rather oily/combination skin and I feel that my face is getting less oily now that I regularly put oil on my face. After reading great things about argan oil, I purchased that, used it on my face a couple of days, but today I switched back to this oil because I find it a lot better in terms of hydration and the glow it gives to my skin. Great stuff!!!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2012 6:44:00 AM More reviews by PrettyL

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I use this on my face only. I buy it in the little sample bottles that cost like 2-3 and they last me forever. I use just a couple of drops on the dry/normal areas of my face in the evening, avoiding my chin as I tend to break out there. This makes the dry areas of my face moist and happy, and I always wake up with a nice healthy glow after applying it the night before. This seems to help prevent and even clear up breakouts on my face, save my chin. I love the smell. Like orange Fruit Loops :) Apparently this stuff contains some good natural anti-ageing ingredients. Will continue to use and repurchase.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/5/2011 5:43:00 PM More reviews by dancerunner

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Other reviews that suggested this oil was too thick and/or had an unpleasant fragrance slowed my purchase, but I finally took action when Amazon offered this moderately pricey oil at a great price in its Subscribe & Save program. I am so happy I finally took the leap. I have impossibly dry skin on face and body. My face, neck, hands, arms moisturizing habits are good. But I have never been one to give enough attention to my legs. With this wonderful oil, I can moisurize my legs quickly, so they don't get ignored. I even use the oil on my face when I'm not wearing makeup. I find the oil light, refreshingly fragrant (mandarin and orange scents), and delightfully moisturizing. It totally works for me. I gave only 4 stars because I have no idea what the percentage of sea buckthorn is. I know the bulk of the oil is sesame, so the sea buckthorn must be substantially less than 49%. I don't know what long-term effects this oil will have on my skin, but in the short term it is doing a terrific job. LOVE IT!!!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2011 5:48:00 PM More reviews by JenPhil1313

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

This is a little pricey for the regular sized bottle- so I was thrilled to see that vitacost.com sells little 1oz sample sizes of the Weleda products. It's nice to try before you buy for more expensive items. I was a little surprised to find that the consistency of this is more akin to honey than oil. I didn't think that I would like this initally. But I liked the fact that the orange colored oil has an orange/citrus scent- something about the color and the scent matching makes it very pleasant. So, this grew on me and after a few days, I would get out of the tub and look forward to rubbing some orange-scented syrup on my body. There's something "happy" about this product. I didn't notice any significant change in my skin- but this worked just fine as a body oil. But, I must say, plenty of other products (ahem, less expensive ones) work just as well (such as CVS vitamin e oil). But I did like this oil and would have immediately purchased the large bottle if I were rich. LOL! This would be a nice oil to have to rotate with other ones. One of these days, I'll get the big bottle... or maybe ask for it as a gift. I do kind of miss this stuff....

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2010 4:17:00 AM More reviews by Thena

Bought this based on the reviews. At the time, I didn't open it right away because I was still finishing another body moisturizer. When I got a dozen giant, itchy bug bites one night, this was the only thing I had on hand which I thought might help. While it was not effective at relieving the itch right away, using it twice a day as advised with water, helped the swelling and the recovery on my skin. It also smells wonderful. It is strong, but a lovely fresh scent. I like the experience of using this after a shower too. It gives a nice glow as well on my pale skin. I have not yet used this on my face, but as a body moisturizer, it is lovely.
*UPDATE: Jun 2011 Saved this to use in the summer and almost done now. It goes very quickly as a body moisturizer, but I love this product. Too bad I can't get it here. Recommended!*

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2010 7:34:00 PM More reviews by feeuh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

For starters: I am really pale, but prone to freckling. Think Lohan sans the fakebake. My skin burns easily and does not tan.

I LOVE this stuff. As per the packaging instructions, I combine the oil with a bit of water in my hand before application. The combination absorbs into my skin and feels incredibly nourishing. After about two weeks of regular use my skin feels gorgeous- much smoother. Maybe the vitamin A and vitamin E that naturally occur in sea buckthorn oil are responsible for my more even skin tone and thoroughly moisturized gams. The sheen that the goldeny orange oil imparts on my freckly skin gives me a kind of warm glow that helps to perk up my complexion. I have been using this on my face daily with no breakouts or pore issues. In fact, my pores seem smaller and clearer. And this stuff smells delicious, like sunshine and oranges.

So this is what sealed the deal for me:
I got a pretty bad sunburn on my thighs and the backs of my calves. The next day I started using this 4 times a day, and the lobster red has started to fade into a less neon shade, all without peeling. This is maybe 4 days later, so knock on wood, no peeling later on. This stuff seems to have helped subdue the acute burning pain and made it more bearable to sleep and change clothes. I see healing progress every day.

I found this article about natural strategies for sun protection and it lists sea buckthorn oil as being both a defensive and healing measure.

I project that a bottle would last me two or three months, using it after every shower. As others have said, the packaging is awkward: it's kind of like pouring from a small olive oil bottle. The quality and price of this product overshadow any packaging flaws for me, though.

edit- the way I use this: I pour a little bit into my hand and sort of smear the remaining drops from the bottle sideways onto my palm which keeps my shelf oil free. I drip maybe a teaspoon of water onto my palm and rub the mixture into my skin until it seems decently absorbed, maybe 30 seconds.

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2010 11:49:00 PM More reviews by sbender

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Great product!!! I love this body oil. It is not greasy, it is a perfect moisturizer for the body. Highly recommended.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2010 1:05:00 PM More reviews by dsh86

I love this. I'm not sure if this is what cleared up my skin but I will defintely keep using this as my daily regimen. I use this before bed time right after washing my face. It does a great job at keeping my gave moisturized. My skin is super soft and hydrated. Love this product. Have been using for 2 months. It's inexpensive, worth giving it a try.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No