Alba Botanica Hawaiian Kukui Nut Massage Oil

4.6

Not tested on animals

Certified organic helianthus annuus (sunflower) oil, alkyl benzoate, tocopherol and tocopheryl acetate (vitamin E), cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, aleurites moluccana (kukui) seed oil, macadamia ternifolia seed oil, certified organic linum usitatissimum (flaxseed) oil, prunus amygdalus dulcis (sweet almond) oil, fragrance

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I have been using this off and on for years. I love the stuff. It does a superb job at hydrating.

I use this once a week after a bath for extra hydration. It smells amazing, like nutty brown sugar. It absorbs relatively quickly, though I prefer to slather it on generously and put on my housecoat or PJs so I don't have to worry about it getting on my clothes. I do have to take care putting it on my chest area as I think it might have caused me to break out a little, but it won't stop me from using it.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

Smells amazing- like caramel. It moisturizes my skin so well and keeps it glowy. I would repurchase in the future since I love applying oil rather lotion to my body. It doubles as a hair oil as well. Great for pre poos and sealing in moisture after co washing.

on 1/10/2014 5:48:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I LOVE this!!

I've been using Vaseline's cocoa butter lotion for ages and I really like it, but I need a bit more hydration once the weather gets chilly. I mix this with the cocoa butter to put on after my shower, and use bit on its own if I feel my skin getting a bit dry. It thoroughly hydrates my skin and "winter-proofs" it.

The smell is absolutely delicious, a sort of caramel nut smell that works really well with cocoa butter. Within a few minutes of applying the smell goes away because the oil has sunk in, which makes it office-appropriate if you're not allowed to wear scents at work.

I paid $9.50 for a decent-sized bottle. Because I mix it with lotion, I only use a small amount at a time, which makes this a really good value for me. If you're using it as your main moisturizer, I would imagine you'd go through it pretty quickly, though.

on 11/26/2013 10:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This has a really nice brown sugar coffee like smell and it's very moisturizing and leaves skin smooth and soft, I use about a tablespoon for myself right after showering. I don't put this on chest shoulder back neck or face, would not recommend doing that unless for some reason your skin is like the sharia desert, but this is Defiantly a MUST have for me!

on 11/5/2013 1:10:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This has been my savior now that autumn is here. The air is getting drier and colder where I am and all I have to do is apply it after I get out of the shower and it sinks in fast and makes my skin super soft without being greasy. It smells wonderful- like a decadent caramel with a hint of musk and spice. I found a bottle at Wholefoods, but the rim of the bottle was greasy as if a bit had leaked. I would probably have to decant this into a better bottle. It has a lot of wonderful oils in it such as macadamia oil, linseed oil, and coconut oil in addition to the kukui nut oil. I see it being useful for many things such as a cuticle oil, hair conditioning oil, and body moisturizer. The scent alone is intoxicating to my nose and I will have to set limits on how much I use since this is about 12 bucks for me. However, I highly recommend this. It gives a great glow to the skin.

on 8/14/2013 11:35:00 AM

love the smell, does a decent job moisturising

on 6/26/2013 9:51:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I ordered a bottle of this oil on Vitacost at a good price, as I'm ready to take a trip to the tropics and I love nothing more than to spoil myself with exotic butters, oils, and scrubs while vacationing in the hot sun and salt water. I've been using this oil on my neck and chest area in the evening prior to bedtime, as both of these areas are in the beginning stages of looking crepey. This is not a heavy oil and it actually absorbs very quickly into the skin, leaving you with a very silky feel. It has a faint, nutty scent. I will definitely re-purchase as this is the best oil I have ever used and I've used them all - jojoba, evening primrose, avocado, apricot kernel, coconut, etc...and I've never received the results that I have noticed with using a kukui nut blend. The skin on my neck and chest after a just a few nights of use look smoother.

on 5/7/2013 3:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I absolutely loveeee this product. I am probably on my 4th bottle from Vitacost.. Not only is the scent sweet-smelling and delish.. Here is a chance to put all natural ingredients on your skin without any repercussions.. Out of all the oils I've tried out there, Alba kukui nut oil is the lightest blend that I've ever tried.. I regularly use it as an in-shower moisturizer right after I shower.. It makes moisturizing so much faster! Putting the oil on wet skin, makes the application all that easier.. It can also be used on the face when it's wet..just a small amount will do.. I didn't break out compared to putting on jojoba oil, which is a tad bit heavier in comparison..

on 2/21/2013 12:58:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Lovely scent with natural oils and no harsh chemicals what could be better. Nice after shower moisturizer and the best part is that it doubles as a hair oil. Just a tiny bit on dry hair after blow drying with Its a 10 and then a very small amount of the massage oil to smooth down frizzies and give mega shine. Washes out easily and seems to improve split ends. Dimethicone type hair products don't work for me but Kukui Oil sure does. Luckilys.you don't have to pay a fortune for an excellent product like this.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

I love this oil! I think they recently changed the label a little. It's now called Natural Hawaiian Body Oil / Deep moisturizing Kukui Nut. I find it at Wegman's grocery, and I have also spotted it at my Walmart. I mix it with my regular boring body lotion after my shower. My absolute fave combo is this oil with Eucerin Intensive Repair lotion. I have extremely dry, sensitive, reactive skin, especially in the winter. This oil calms it right down. Smells like a tropical vacation. I have tried the body oils from The Body Shop, and I would say that this Alba stuff is comparable in quality, but you get a bigger bottle and it's cheaper. If you like oils you will love this..

Popular Body Skincare Products