Witchcraft Nail Hardener

4.6

on 2/6/2015 2:32:00 AM

Compared to other products in terms of what I'm paying for what I'm getting I am very pleased with this product! My mom used it back when I was little to grow out her nails, and now I'm following in her footsteps! I have very weak nails that flip and peel easily, but this hardener as truly changed that!

on 10/31/2014 11:01:00 PM

First impressions:

Pros:
- Doesn't peel like many other treatments
- when applied, nails feel less likely to tear or break
- nail surface is glossy and smooth when applied
- made in canada

Cons:
- smell may bother some
- contains formaldehyde, carcinogen, may be breathed in

on 7/9/2013 6:23:00 PM

My mom swears by this product, but if I'm quite frank, I don't really see what's so amazing about it. It doesn't really thicken my paper thin nails. The nail polish thickens in a short time as well. Not the greatest product. But it still is a nice clear coat.

My mom may be buying me this again today, so I think I'll give it another chance.

on 1/9/2013 2:15:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Bought for $8.88 at Walmart. I probably won't buy it again because it should be cheaper.
It doesn't make your nails that hard. Mine still bend after 1 coat and after a few coats. It stays on and its shiny, but that's about it. I'll give it a while longer, but I so far don't think its great, just an average nail gloss. It smells very strong.

on 11/29/2012 2:08:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

WORKS!
I have the worst nails ever. They are terribly thin. They bend, peel and break. I can never grow them longer than my finger tip because as soon as they get that long they bend and break off.
So I found this on MUA and bought it at walmart, and it's amazing. I have tried so many things and let me tell you, give this stuff a few weeks and your nails will be a lot harder. I can't even bend mine anymore.
I use it under my nail polish as a base coat too.
Just follow the directions and I promise your nails will be better!

on 8/16/2012 8:26:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

It works! Relatively cheap, too. The cap on the bottle is a little crappy, though.

on 5/8/2012 10:11:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This is the only thing I use that managed to grow my nails. It makes them super hard and resistant to breakage. I would give this 5 stars, execpt for two things - it turns the nails yellow over time, and it causes a bit of peelilng. If they could fix those things, this product would be perfect. But still, the best I've tried.

on 2/14/2012 9:06:00 PM

This is so far the best nail hardener I have used. My nails are often very soft/bendable and they peel at the top. Witchcraft products have been the most effective brand I have tried so far, and I use this product regularly. My only complaint is that if left on too long, it begins to peel off in a way that I feel might be damaging to nails, so a weekly application or safe polish removal is necessary to see results so you don't undo the benefits of the treatment.

on 12/7/2011 9:58:00 AM

Makes nail polish to stay for a week without chipping

on 11/22/2011 9:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this at Wal-mart for $9CAD (10mL) and wow, no regrets! It glides on and levels out like a pro. Even when I get lazy and start applying super-thick layers, it doesn't bubble or pool. It applies clear, unlike it's worthy competitor "Seche Rebuild" which has a "milky" appearance. It has a strong smell but it dries fast so the odor doesn't linger. Instructions say to reapply twice a week so I don't bother applying polish on top (although I don't see why you couldn't because it forms such a smooth base). My nails are rough and dry from months of filing off gel nails but my nails definitely feel more rigid and stronger and will soon make a full recovery thanks to Witchcraft! [EDIT] Oh. My. God. I have to say it again: "this stuff is amazing". My second week of using this product and my nails seem...back to normal!! I no longer see signs of filing and scraping! My nails are starting to grow past my fingertips but they seem solid enough to withstand bending!

Popular Treatments