November 26, 2014 | 1616 users online

Loose Powders - Ben Nye - Bella Luxury Powder in Banana

(formerly known as Visage Poudre Luxury Powder)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2014 12:04:00 AM More reviews by Chanel1993

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this product makes my face glow and is great for setting my foundation I use it has my hilight with my yellow nyx hd concealer great combination the only powder I use on my skin great for olive skin tones and oily skin a little pricey but I don't care well worth it

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2014 7:00:00 PM More reviews by DaniellaD

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Excellent for setting and concealing underye circles. Sometimes I wet my beautyblender and use it as a highlighter. I just put a good amount under my eyes in an inverted triangle down my cheek, down the middle of my nose, top of the lip then let it set for 5-10 minutes. Then I bush it well and it gives off a nice glow. No, you will not turn into Kim K but you will have a nice powder to cover circles. Very finely milled powder, doesn't cake - even on drier skin. And it's cheap for the amount you get. Definitely a must have in my make up arsenal.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2014 9:26:00 PM More reviews by tigirlyly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm loving this as an all over setting powder. Just the lightest hand equals a brightened complexion. Just as contour matte bronzer and you are good to go. Although it is yellow, it works very well with my fair skin and cool undertones. I run more pink then yellow. (Im pretty fair, I use MAC face and body in N1 or Smashbox BB in fair)

As I only use 1 light shake to set my makeup...this powder will last at least a 1 year..made more.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2014 5:02:00 PM More reviews by puggle3

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Bought this in March 2013 and use it all the time to set my foundation.

Pros:
Reduces shine (I have very oily skin).
Makes foundation last longer.
Brightens (under eyes) and corrects (i.e. if I feel I've put on too much blush or my foundation is a tiny bit dark).
Cheap and lasts ages - have this in the 3oz size and have over half left.

Cons:
The packaging for this size isn't that great - would probably waste less if in a smaller, flat container.

Will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2014 6:55:00 PM More reviews by tempescape

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Black

The shaker top is a NO. It's annoying as hell trying to get product out. I wish that this was a set powder. Otherwise for myNC50 skin it's great if applied lightly and blended. I use it only for going out on the town as my skin is dry. I'm unsure if I would but it again as MAC Studio Careblend powder seems to do the job just as well and blends better with my darker skin tone.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/20/2014 4:33:00 PM More reviews by Ire

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Hm...if you are fair or light to medium don't be fooled, this will be too dark as an under-eye powder. I am warm/yellow NC25 in Mac, and I am on the light side. I tried this under the eyes with the lightest hand and fluffy brush but it's too yellow and dark. I think it's better suited for darker or deeper skintone.

Now, what I do with it is use it as an all over powder VERY lightly and the yellow-brown-peachy tone of the powder neutralizes some redness i have. But, cannot use this solely under the eyes looks so funny!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2014 2:32:00 PM More reviews by thisgirlnga

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I had heard about the Banana Powder for some time now and completely forgot about it until I happen to see something on instagram about it. So I checked on Amazon and saw that it was roughly around $30 for the .90 oz size. I did a google search and the camera ready cosmetics site came up. It was only $12 on there!
This powder has definitely become the HG finishing/brightening powder for me. It brightens my under eyes (bags and dark circles!) and also works amazing as a finishing/highlighting powder. Its so finely milled that it doesnt look cakey on my skin at all. I use concealor, foundation, powder and also the banana powder. I have super oily problematic skin and I typically will have to blot within 2 hrs after application of my makeup. This is not the case with this powder. Keeps my oil at bay!
Yes the banana color looks extremely light and daunting, I am NC35/40 in Mac for reference, but it blends beautifully. It really highlights where it is supposed to and works great as a finishing all over light powder. That little container will last for months to come.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2014 11:18:00 PM More reviews by shescrafty72

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love the product but hate the shaker top bottle that it comes in. This is a silky smooth yellow based powder that works great for my NC-30 to NC-35 skin tone. Even though I hate to admit it because most know this as a Kim Kardashian trick, it does work GREAT to set under eye concealer for my skin tone. I have golden/olive undertones and most lighter concealers used to brighten lack warmth and look ashy. But this powder corrects that issue and keeps the brightening and warms up the ashy. It's ok as an all over setting powder and even though I like the texture, it's not my favorite way to use it because it does not add any additional covereage. I purchased the smaller bottle and it will last me a long time. I wish it was packaged differently but whenever I do run out, I will buy it again. I gave the packaging 2 lippies and the over all rating 5 because I do like the product.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2014 9:09:00 PM More reviews by ElleK7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Wow, this really helps with contouring your face. It adds warmth and brightens your face. I am NC30 (although I am naturally lighter) and it still comes out great. Will definitely repurchase! Does not make u look yellow at all or anything

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2014 11:13:00 AM More reviews by CosmeticDesires

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have the topaz one and i absolutely love it! I would recommend to use a moisturizer and foundation under. It can be tricky to wear alone over moisturized face. I do both it works for me. Love it.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No