Ben Nye Bella Luxury Powder in Banana

4.2

(formerly known as Visage Poudre Luxury Powder)

on 6/29/2015 10:23:00 AM

this product for me is my everything at the moment. I love how bright and radiant it makes my skin look and the staying power is amazing. the only thing I really dont like is the packaging. I kind of wish it was more travel friendly or maybe a bigger lid to dip into with my brush. If you are light skinned this powder might not be good to use as a highlighter but if you have medium, tan, to dark skin this would act as the perfect highlighter. it also makes selfies FLAWLESS! I notice a huge difference when I use my Nyx face powder to take a selfie, it makes my skin look flat in pictures but the banana powder reflects light and makes your skin glow. it's like the perfect loose powder

on 6/14/2015 3:41:00 PM

Loooove this powder!! A l8ttle goes a long way with this so it'll definitely last you a long time..i never get cakey with this no matter how much i put on. It keeps my makeup set all day...i dont have oily skin but my friend does and i gave her some of this powder in cameo and now she wont use anything else.. It does have talc in it so it can cause flash back if it is not buffed in.. there is no odor to this powder. I havent had any problems with it irritating my skin or breaking me out. Its great for setting your undereye area with and brightening them up. .. if you are really pale ypu might wanna try the pink powder they have or cameo.. the only thing i guess i would change is the way the powder comes out but thats not to much of a problem for me..

on 6/14/2015 2:12:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I used to LOVE this powder! (Pre Kim Kardiashian international sell-outs). Something has happened to it...(or maybe I got a fake? I bought it from a Pro Store, though). After using this powder for about 15 years, out of that annoying shaker bottle, I purchased this in the dome jar. The first time I applied it, I immediately noticed my skin itching like crazy, which had never happened before with this powder. (This happens to me, always, with bismuth oxychloride/synthetic pearl, but Banana powder doesn't contain it.) As I continued to use this Banana powder, I realized it was giving me that cakey, powdery, dried-up look that most powders get when they try to absorb oil on my skin. I don't think the ingredients list has changed (has it?) but I think maybe the ingredients ratios have changed. Maybe there's a higher percentage of corn starch or something. Thank goodness for Inglot. Otherwise I'd be banana-powderless, and greasy looking.

on 6/9/2015 10:50:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I dislike everything about this product. From the packaging to the formula! Everything!! I don't see what the whole hype is about. First off it's so messy and very drying, even on my oily skin. It does not prevent my concealer from creasing and no matter how little I use I always end up looking too powdery cakey and over-product. Also, this product is NOT meant for EVERY skin tone and yet I see EVERYONE using it. If you are fair it will not work for you and it also doesn't work good for some cool tones.
For reference I am an NC42 in Mac or Cashew on Estée Lauder double wear. Which means this banana powder is perfect for my skin tone,I can honestly set my whole face with this & the color would be perfect, but this product is just too heavy and I dislike it so much. I have a full bottle that I haven't used and won't be using... That Natural Set in the other hand though it's a 4.5/5 for me.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

I couldn't wait to see what the hype was on this powder. The packaging is wrong and is hard to get out. Also after trying this and researching this I still don't know what it does! Is it a highlighter? Is it a setting powder? Either way I've tried both and it dosnt seem to highlight at all. It does set your makeup but I really think people need to stop copying Kim kardashian with this! This is for yellow undertone skin and everyone is using this following her foot steps! Match yourself up there are more colours to choose from! When I tried to use it as a highlighter it just blended into my skin leaving no highlighter at all. This is one of Ben bye luxury powders and I can't see the difference in this one and their original powders for only £10.50! I'd save myself the extra £15 a buy their original one!

on 5/27/2015 8:09:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

caution: might not work for really fair skin due to the yellow colour

However, for my brown/darker/olive ladies- this is your new boyfriend :)

For reference, I am a NC42-43 and this powder is the BEST BEST BEST

In other words: This Powder is The Best. Get the message? ;)

<3 <3

on 5/20/2015 12:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

i really really loved this to start with, i used it to set my undereye concealer. the colour is great for that. but then it started making my undereyes look cakey. not sure why.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

(photos will follow - my camera died)

I was looking for a colour-correcting loose powder and I kept seeing Ben Nye's "Banana" recommended for both women of colour and very light-skinned ladies. That's a very bold statement to make, so I started looking into the powders themselves.

Do I actually need a new powder? Naw. Not reeeally. I've always liked MUFE's HD powder, and I love ELF's version, too and I own both**. I have cream correctors. But I persuaded my debit card that I did actually need it because of my ever-changing skin-tone.

After seeing Ben Nye's powders on Amazon and Ebay, it seemed that the prices were either horrendously expensive ($65 for the smallest size of Luxury Banana? Uh... no) or ridiculously cheap (Oh come on - if the shipping is more expensive than the product something tells me the product itself isn't likely genuine)

So, I went to one of the authorized dealers and ... snap, it was out of stock. They did however have a sale on the Fair translucent powder so I nabbed one, found another dealer and the wait list seemed shorter. I ordered it April 26th and it was shipped on 7th May.

Now there is a learning curve with the Banana powder and you might want to watch a youtube video or three, or visit some of the more reputable blogs for 'how to' and actual examples. You don't need a whole lot of this stuff so the 3 oz container should last you a looooong time.

For me, it sort of "connects' my foundation and concealer, and I can smooth it out to create a very soft glow. You don't want yellow skin unless you're naturally yellow-ish,,,,trust me. I have cirrhosis and I get jaundice at times... that's all the yellow skin I want to deal with thank you very much!

It also "sets" my look without leaving my face dry or cakey - it really is great for me. The price is actually incredible and it is a great investment .

I wish they'd make it easier to use though - the system is very awkward due to a silly lid that has no place being in a grown-up's collection.

Despite that, I give it a well-deserved A.

**(I'm still pouty because I had already bought MUFE when ELF's powder came out and it is truly indistinguishable from the MUFE powder. )

on 5/13/2015 5:02:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Love love! Holy Grail of mine. I was referred to this from a girl in the mac store, I use this for setting all my highlighted areas on my face! love. Been using now for 2+ years ;)

This is by far the worst loose powder I have used on myself and on clients!
What is the fuss. This is completely yellow that any beautifully applied foundation underneath would be hijacked by this unflattering jaundiced colour!

I can only see tan to dark skin tones pulling this off but certainly not fair. I applied this to set my concealer, bang, they both went yellow, my foundation, that went yellow too.

Really is only an over hyped product by so called makeup "addicts" and "enthusiasts" with no idea what they're taking about. The price depending where you buy it is premium. I could get better loose powders at the drugstore.

The texture is decent, but not the best The one brand making beautifully textured powders and shades is NARS.

Recommended for Normal Skin