October 2, 2014 | 929 users online

Loose Powders - Ben Nye - Bella Luxury Powder in Banana

(formerly known as Visage Poudre Luxury Powder)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2014 9:09:00 PM More reviews by ElleK7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Wow, this really helps with contouring your face. It adds warmth and brightens your face. I am NC30 (although I am naturally lighter) and it still comes out great. Will definitely repurchase! Does not make u look yellow at all or anything

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2014 11:13:00 AM More reviews by CosmeticDesires

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have the topaz one and i absolutely love it! I would recommend to use a moisturizer and foundation under. It can be tricky to wear alone over moisturized face. I do both it works for me. Love it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2014 1:43:00 PM More reviews by FauxChic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Deeming as everybody and their cousin's mother has this powder - it was only fair I'd do a review too. Not going to ramble too much but I'm strictly analysing on my personal experiences with the Ben Nye powder. I bought this powder last year October/November and still not even half way through this powder. I've seen a lot of young ladies doing overkill with this powder, over powdering the under eyes aging them twice their age... this powder ain't a golden ticket to looking like Kim Kardashian. However with proper use - this can do wonders, can highlight subtley, sets the concealer evenly and prolongs the wear. This powder isn't for everyone but personally it's a must in my collection - I am willing to try other powders.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2014 4:49:00 PM More reviews by Dromero03

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Enough cannot be said about this banana powder so I will try to keep it small so that I don't bore you with the details. Ben Nye has created a series of powders currently known as Bella Luxury Powders. These powders were created for people who work on stage and in front of the cameras to help keep their makeup on from perspiration. Moreover, these powders are finely milled and comparable to French silk powders. They have a luxurious feel and when shaken in the bottle seem to have a silk like effect as when waves move in the ocean. Its hard to explain until you shake the bottle, but truly they move like fine silk. They currently come in four shades, Banana, Beige Suede, Buff and Cameo. However the most famous of these is the Banana powder and here's why.

When Kim Kardashian's makeup artist posted a picture of her sporting this mysterious powder, it became an instant hit. Now-a-days, anything a celebrity uses automatically becomes an instant hit. Whether that hit last for a long or short time is a different story. Nonetheless, this banana powder is the secret to Kim's highlighted areas on her face.

For those who contour and highlight their makeup, this powder works wonders for highlighting the eyes and below the check bones. You apply this powder on your highlighted areas with a sponge wedge, beauty blender or makeup brush and let it sit for 2-5 minutes on your face. Then you brush off the excess powder and wow what a difference it makes. This powder also has other benefits which is that it can be used to set your concealer. Once you put this powder on, it leaves your highlighted areas with a beautiful halo glow. You can also use this powder as an overall powder for your face. However, one thing to keep in mind is that this powder does contain talc which is the first ingredient. So if you are allergic or do not agree with putting talc on your face, then this product is not for you.

Now, a word of caution. This banana powder does not look good on all skin types. Therefore Ben Nye Bella Luxury powders come in different colors. Its best to find the shade that work for your skin color before you end up looking raccoon eyed. This banana powder does have a bit of a yellow tone. So if you are fair skin, go easy on how much you apply. For those like me who have fair skin, this banana powder made me look jaundice. Not a cute look to sport if you ask me. However for fair skin people, the Bella Luxury Powder that works well is cameo or beige suede. Some fair skin people are able to get away with using the banana powder. But if your undertone is yellow and you are fair skin, trust me this will not work for you as it already leaves a yellow tone to the skin when applied.

If you are not sure how to use this powder then youtube (yes I said it) and you will see many different people showing and explaining the advantages of this powder. This powder comes in three different sizes, 1.5 oz, 3 oz and 8 oz. 1.5 oz & 3 oz come in a shaker bottle. You easily pour some in the cap and apply it with your beauty tool. However the 8 oz does not come in a shaker but has a wide open mouth top. This makes it hard to apply unless you dip your makeup brush right into the bottle which may not be so hygienic. Whichever size you decide to buy will supply you with a nice amount of powder that should last you more then a year. Since very little is needed, you can easily use this product time and time again before needing to order another one. Nonetheless whatever oz size you buy you will not be disappointed with the effects of this powder. However I sadly can't buy this again due to the yellowish look it leaves me :-(

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 8/11/2014 1:56:00 PM More reviews by tofubabiee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just received this product in the mail yesterday.

So today is my first time using it. As far as highlighting, it does not do much for me as my skin is light. (Light with yellow undertones) It does give me a nice matte healthy finish, and I have had this powder on for about 6 hours and I am still fairly matte. So I think it controls oil on my tzone pretty well.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/3/2014 12:43:00 PM More reviews by Denisebotor

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Cakes up my undereye make up.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2014 10:47:00 PM More reviews by paine724

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the PERFECT setting powder for people with my skintone (NC40). You can use it to set your tzone or your undereye and for people darker than my skintone, this color can be used to brighten your undereyes and set your concealer.

You don't need a lot of product to achieve a matte look so purchase a small amount of this product at a time. I've owned the 1.5 oz of banana powder for over a year now and i've barely made a dent in it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2014 3:37:00 PM More reviews by thathoneydip

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

TO ALL MY FELLOW YELLOWS!!

Finally, a powder that matches my obnoxiously yellow undertone perfectly ! I'm Asian so I always have trouble finding things that doesn't make me look that lovely pink, orange, or grey shade.

This powder is finely milled and blends beautifully into my skin. Being an NC35-40 (summer) could use this as an all over face powder in the winter, however I just use it to set my concealer, and to highlight the Kim k way during the summer. A little goes a long way ladies.. And fellas?

The packaging is okay. Nothing special. It does make a mess. So I suggest just keeping the plastic part on the shifter and just poke holes with a bobby pin. That way I am able to control the amount of product I want without all that mess

If can look a but chalky but nothing a little fix+ can't fix. The staying powder is a little better than OKAY. I always set everything after with my HD powder.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/1/2014 3:23:00 PM More reviews by makeupjaja

its a good product but not for those with sensitive skin.it can cause break outs & can be itchy. it does seem like a good finishing powder but its staying power is just fair. it cannot withstand humidity. the container is messy.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2014 9:48:00 PM More reviews by SFifi

I'm going to start by saying, it is not the cheapest powder out there, in terms of what you put on your card, but the price per ounce beats every single powder available. As for the packaging, I got the dome jar so it's pretty much the same as the bare minerals jar, although I do see how the larger ones can get messy.
Now on to the product itself, I cant comment n its highlighting properties, since it sort of matches my skin tone, but that's what makes it perfect to set my foundation. It made my concealer and foundation stay on all day. Yep. All day. It does seem very matte as soon as you put it on, and it can be a little difficult in winter, but I'd take that over crease-y concealer. But now that it's summer, this is the best oil control powder I have used, and unlike compact powders, although this has a little bit of a tint, it doesn't add coverage or oxidize. It actually looks pretty natural half hour after you put on your makeup. And I pretty much didn't have oil control problems with this, except once.
If you are an NC in MAC, feel free to apply as you please, especially if you are between NC30-44. If you are a lot lighter or a lot darker, perhaps you might have to be a little light handed. For NW skin tones, you still might be able to use it, but it might be a better idea to chose a different color. From what I noticed, my under eye concealer is NW, and this sort of yellows it down a little, which is good for me since my foundation is NC, but might not work for some.
PS: the biggest downside I can think of is that you might would a good amount in shipping. Which sucked for me, but I couldn't find it anywhere in stores.
(www.camerareadycosmetics has the cheapest shipping as far as I know.)