Ben Nye Bella Luxury Powder in Banana

4.2

(formerly known as Visage Poudre Luxury Powder)

on 8/9/2015 11:03:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I bought this to use on my days where I wear heavier makeup, like going out or doing something fun, etc. Not on days where I go to work or run errands and want a lighter face. However, I found another setting powder I love more than Ben Nye (Buttercup Powder) so I stopped using this for a while.

Well, it's summer and my face has been getting super oily and I hated it. I've used blotting tissue, translucent pressed powders, primers and matte foundations together and it got me maybe a couple of hours but not enough time. Well, I decided to go ahead and try this on my off days.

First off, it can get a little ashy if you use too much. I wear the color Caramel in Revlon C/O. This powder if probably more for medium-dark skin tones. I pat some onto my face with a brush and let it bake for about 10 minutes and then brush the excess off. Since I use a light face of makeup and don't heavily highlight nor do I contour it can give that non-dimensional makeup face look. However, after a few minutes your skin will naturally set the rest if that makes sense. It does give your face a soft, natural look.

After using this, I did notice it helped oil. The only place it didn't help was my nose, but ya know, I'm not surprised. I still had to blot a little around the T-Zone area but overall I do feel like it helped. I think I will stick to using this for my routine.

One thing, the packaging sucks. Like, really sucks. It's really messy trying to put it on and you are bound to get it everywhere.

on 7/30/2015 3:12:00 PM

This powder would do great for oily skin. But if your prone to breakouts, stay away from it!! It has a nice finish very natural looking. But after a couple days my face broke out in rash like pimples, EVERYWHERE! And the packaging is very annoying. The powder is soo loose you can't keep from making a mess. If you have oily skin, no flaws. Give this powder a try but for sensitive skin I do not recommend. Not even as a highlighter because I don't see a difference.

on 7/30/2015 2:01:00 PM

If you don't have this, go buy it NOW! I was looking for a good undereye setting powder and kept reading about "banana" powder. I had no idea what that was but apparently many companies are now selling a yellow corrective powder for the undereye area. Ben Nye's is such a high quality and you get SOOOO much for the money. I ordered the small compact with the sifter for $12 and I would bet this would last for years...... no kidding. It is so finely milled and just glides on the skin and leaves flawless perfection. I place this on with a heavy hand after I apply my concealer and it leaves my undereye area bright and perfected and the effect lasts ALLLLL day.

Btw: I'm a medium beige skin tone with yellow undertones.

on 7/18/2015 1:21:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

I use this all over my warm yellow tone face. When i first put on its matte but with my oily face, I get oily anyway.

on 7/9/2015 5:56:00 PM

Nice feeling. But packaging sucks. And I like the kat Von d banana color in her contouring kit better.

on 7/8/2015 10:15:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

Yeah....this.is everything it's cracked up to be. well actually I haven't seen the reviews for it on here so let me just say I am extremely pleased. I have yellow undertones and oily skin that occasionally sports a booboo (aka me turning nothing into something :-[ - it happens.) If I use this after foundation I look awesome and glowy and airbrushed and if I skip the foundation it still looks pretty dame good.
Controls shine , check. Evens tone, check. Doesn't cake, check. And it comes in a giant container that is too big and unwieldy to keep with your makeup so I just fill an old bare minerals pot and voila, new and a billion times improved mineral veil.

on 6/29/2015 10:23:00 AM

this product for me is my everything at the moment. I love how bright and radiant it makes my skin look and the staying power is amazing. the only thing I really dont like is the packaging. I kind of wish it was more travel friendly or maybe a bigger lid to dip into with my brush. If you are light skinned this powder might not be good to use as a highlighter but if you have medium, tan, to dark skin this would act as the perfect highlighter. it also makes selfies FLAWLESS! I notice a huge difference when I use my Nyx face powder to take a selfie, it makes my skin look flat in pictures but the banana powder reflects light and makes your skin glow. it's like the perfect loose powder

on 6/14/2015 3:41:00 PM

Loooove this powder!! A l8ttle goes a long way with this so it'll definitely last you a long time..i never get cakey with this no matter how much i put on. It keeps my makeup set all day...i dont have oily skin but my friend does and i gave her some of this powder in cameo and now she wont use anything else.. It does have talc in it so it can cause flash back if it is not buffed in.. there is no odor to this powder. I havent had any problems with it irritating my skin or breaking me out. Its great for setting your undereye area with and brightening them up. .. if you are really pale ypu might wanna try the pink powder they have or cameo.. the only thing i guess i would change is the way the powder comes out but thats not to much of a problem for me..

on 6/9/2015 10:50:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I dislike everything about this product. From the packaging to the formula! Everything!! I don't see what the whole hype is about. First off it's so messy and very drying, even on my oily skin. It does not prevent my concealer from creasing and no matter how little I use I always end up looking too powdery cakey and over-product. Also, this product is NOT meant for EVERY skin tone and yet I see EVERYONE using it. If you are fair it will not work for you and it also doesn't work good for some cool tones.
For reference I am an NC42 in Mac or Cashew on Estée Lauder double wear. Which means this banana powder is perfect for my skin tone,I can honestly set my whole face with this & the color would be perfect, but this product is just too heavy and I dislike it so much. I have a full bottle that I haven't used and won't be using... That Natural Set in the other hand though it's a 4.5/5 for me.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

I couldn't wait to see what the hype was on this powder. The packaging is wrong and is hard to get out. Also after trying this and researching this I still don't know what it does! Is it a highlighter? Is it a setting powder? Either way I've tried both and it dosnt seem to highlight at all. It does set your makeup but I really think people need to stop copying Kim kardashian with this! This is for yellow undertone skin and everyone is using this following her foot steps! Match yourself up there are more colours to choose from! When I tried to use it as a highlighter it just blended into my skin leaving no highlighter at all. This is one of Ben bye luxury powders and I can't see the difference in this one and their original powders for only £10.50! I'd save myself the extra £15 a buy their original one!