October 31, 2014 | 1598 users online

Loose Powders - Ben Nye - Bella Luxury Powder in Banana

(formerly known as Visage Poudre Luxury Powder)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2014 6:55:00 PM More reviews by tempescape

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Black

The shaker top is a NO. It's annoying as hell trying to get product out. I wish that this was a set powder. Otherwise for myNC50 skin it's great if applied lightly and blended. I use it only for going out on the town as my skin is dry. I'm unsure if I would but it again as MAC Studio Careblend powder seems to do the job just as well and blends better with my darker skin tone.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/20/2014 4:33:00 PM More reviews by Ire

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Hm...if you are fair or light to medium don't be fooled, this will be too dark as an under-eye powder. I am warm/yellow NC25 in Mac, and I am on the light side. I tried this under the eyes with the lightest hand and fluffy brush but it's too yellow and dark. I think it's better suited for darker or deeper skintone.

Now, what I do with it is use it as an all over powder VERY lightly and the yellow-brown-peachy tone of the powder neutralizes some redness i have. But, cannot use this solely under the eyes looks so funny!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2014 2:32:00 PM More reviews by thisgirlnga

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I had heard about the Banana Powder for some time now and completely forgot about it until I happen to see something on instagram about it. So I checked on Amazon and saw that it was roughly around $30 for the .90 oz size. I did a google search and the camera ready cosmetics site came up. It was only $12 on there!
This powder has definitely become the HG finishing/brightening powder for me. It brightens my under eyes (bags and dark circles!) and also works amazing as a finishing/highlighting powder. Its so finely milled that it doesnt look cakey on my skin at all. I use concealor, foundation, powder and also the banana powder. I have super oily problematic skin and I typically will have to blot within 2 hrs after application of my makeup. This is not the case with this powder. Keeps my oil at bay!
Yes the banana color looks extremely light and daunting, I am NC35/40 in Mac for reference, but it blends beautifully. It really highlights where it is supposed to and works great as a finishing all over light powder. That little container will last for months to come.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2014 11:18:00 PM More reviews by shescrafty72

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love the product but hate the shaker top bottle that it comes in. This is a silky smooth yellow based powder that works great for my NC-30 to NC-35 skin tone. Even though I hate to admit it because most know this as a Kim Kardashian trick, it does work GREAT to set under eye concealer for my skin tone. I have golden/olive undertones and most lighter concealers used to brighten lack warmth and look ashy. But this powder corrects that issue and keeps the brightening and warms up the ashy. It's ok as an all over setting powder and even though I like the texture, it's not my favorite way to use it because it does not add any additional covereage. I purchased the smaller bottle and it will last me a long time. I wish it was packaged differently but whenever I do run out, I will buy it again. I gave the packaging 2 lippies and the over all rating 5 because I do like the product.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2014 9:09:00 PM More reviews by ElleK7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Wow, this really helps with contouring your face. It adds warmth and brightens your face. I am NC30 (although I am naturally lighter) and it still comes out great. Will definitely repurchase! Does not make u look yellow at all or anything

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2014 11:13:00 AM More reviews by CosmeticDesires

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have the topaz one and i absolutely love it! I would recommend to use a moisturizer and foundation under. It can be tricky to wear alone over moisturized face. I do both it works for me. Love it.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2014 1:43:00 PM More reviews by FauxChic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Deeming as everybody and their cousin's mother has this powder - it was only fair I'd do a review too. Not going to ramble too much but I'm strictly analysing on my personal experiences with the Ben Nye powder. I bought this powder last year October/November and still not even half way through this powder. I've seen a lot of young ladies doing overkill with this powder, over powdering the under eyes aging them twice their age... this powder ain't a golden ticket to looking like Kim Kardashian. However with proper use - this can do wonders, can highlight subtley, sets the concealer evenly and prolongs the wear. This powder isn't for everyone but personally it's a must in my collection - I am willing to try other powders.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2014 4:49:00 PM More reviews by Dromero03

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Enough cannot be said about this banana powder so I will try to keep it small so that I don't bore you with the details. Ben Nye has created a series of powders currently known as Bella Luxury Powders. These powders were created for people who work on stage and in front of the cameras to help keep their makeup on from perspiration. Moreover, these powders are finely milled and comparable to French silk powders. They have a luxurious feel and when shaken in the bottle seem to have a silk like effect as when waves move in the ocean. Its hard to explain until you shake the bottle, but truly they move like fine silk. They currently come in four shades, Banana, Beige Suede, Buff and Cameo. However the most famous of these is the Banana powder and here's why.

When Kim Kardashian's makeup artist posted a picture of her sporting this mysterious powder, it became an instant hit. Now-a-days, anything a celebrity uses automatically becomes an instant hit. Whether that hit last for a long or short time is a different story. Nonetheless, this banana powder is the secret to Kim's highlighted areas on her face.

For those who contour and highlight their makeup, this powder works wonders for highlighting the eyes and below the check bones. You apply this powder on your highlighted areas with a sponge wedge, beauty blender or makeup brush and let it sit for 2-5 minutes on your face. Then you brush off the excess powder and wow what a difference it makes. This powder also has other benefits which is that it can be used to set your concealer. Once you put this powder on, it leaves your highlighted areas with a beautiful halo glow. You can also use this powder as an overall powder for your face. However, one thing to keep in mind is that this powder does contain talc which is the first ingredient. So if you are allergic or do not agree with putting talc on your face, then this product is not for you.

Now, a word of caution. This banana powder does not look good on all skin types. Therefore Ben Nye Bella Luxury powders come in different colors. Its best to find the shade that work for your skin color before you end up looking raccoon eyed. This banana powder does have a bit of a yellow tone. So if you are fair skin, go easy on how much you apply. For those like me who have fair skin, this banana powder made me look jaundice. Not a cute look to sport if you ask me. However for fair skin people, the Bella Luxury Powder that works well is cameo or beige suede. Some fair skin people are able to get away with using the banana powder. But if your undertone is yellow and you are fair skin, trust me this will not work for you as it already leaves a yellow tone to the skin when applied.

If you are not sure how to use this powder then youtube (yes I said it) and you will see many different people showing and explaining the advantages of this powder. This powder comes in three different sizes, 1.5 oz, 3 oz and 8 oz. 1.5 oz & 3 oz come in a shaker bottle. You easily pour some in the cap and apply it with your beauty tool. However the 8 oz does not come in a shaker but has a wide open mouth top. This makes it hard to apply unless you dip your makeup brush right into the bottle which may not be so hygienic. Whichever size you decide to buy will supply you with a nice amount of powder that should last you more then a year. Since very little is needed, you can easily use this product time and time again before needing to order another one. Nonetheless whatever oz size you buy you will not be disappointed with the effects of this powder. However I sadly can't buy this again due to the yellowish look it leaves me :-(

15 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 8/11/2014 1:56:00 PM More reviews by tofubabiee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just received this product in the mail yesterday.

So today is my first time using it. As far as highlighting, it does not do much for me as my skin is light. (Light with yellow undertones) It does give me a nice matte healthy finish, and I have had this powder on for about 6 hours and I am still fairly matte. So I think it controls oil on my tzone pretty well.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/3/2014 12:43:00 PM More reviews by Denisebotor

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Cakes up my undereye make up.