October 21, 2014 | 1922 users online

Treatments - OPI - Chip Skip

rated 4 of 5 on 7/1/2014 5:15:00 PM More reviews by TheMickster

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This works great! It prolongs my manicure for an extra 2-4 days, depending on what type of nail polish I'm using. I find it's best paired with other OPI products.
I read a lot of reviews and a lot of people gave it a bad review because THEY USED IT WRONG.
This is suppose to be applied to bare nails before the base coat and color. Not over top the color and/or topcoat. It's a shame most of these reviewers tossed it in the trash...

rated 3 of 5 on 1/26/2014 5:55:00 PM More reviews by bgraves10

Haha! OPI is my favorite brand and I love their stuff; however, they are feeling themselves a little too much if they are charging thirteen dollars for mild nail polish remover in a bottle. That's all it is...sneaky OPI!

The name of this is reallllly deceiving. Clearly the name "Chip Skip" is going to attract every girl who wants their manicure to last (everyone). If the name was "Oil Clearer" or "Residue Remover", people would put two and two together to realize that this is just nail polish remover.

This is not a base coat. It's very thin, and when you brush it on, it basically disappears along with MOST of the residue. It's not strong enough to take off more than a few specks of leftover polish. It is meant to dry up any residue on your nails -- if it's meant to dry up, how would it prolong a manicure?

This product works fine if you want mild nail polish remover to come with a brush. It helps more than it hurts, but you can get the same result with good ol' remover.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/21/2013 5:50:00 PM More reviews by bellabaluba

I am not sure whether this product actually helps or not. What I do like about it is that it cleans the surface of my nails. After removing the old nail polish I have to wash my hands, and then apply hand lotion immediately, if not my hands get super dry. The problem is that the hand lotion gets on the nails as well, and when I apply the nail polish, the polish will separate (due to the oils in the hand lotion). If I clean my nails with Chip Skip, it removes the oil from the hand lotion. I have not noticed whether it dries out my nails or not. I can't really say whether it makes a difference on chipping or not, since I use Essie's No Chips Ahead, which will make the nail polish stay for almost a week!

I have only been using it for a month now, so I don't know yet whether I will repurchase or not.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/23/2013 2:58:00 PM More reviews by Nushlovesnij

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was really excited to use this product when I first purchased it. I don't know if I am missing a step but it did NOT do what it says it supposed to do. My nail polish started chipping on the third day and by day 5 it was a hot mess. I really don't think it makes a difference in prolonging your polish. And it was 17.99 plus tax at trade secrets. I will not be buying this again.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/20/2013 12:00:00 PM More reviews by Kf1127

This isn't really nail polish. It's this thin stuff that feels like alcohol on my nails. The purpose of this is so that ur nail polish wont chip. So what that does is it dries out your nails and it makes them really gross. I hate it because of that. I definitely wouldn't buy this product again

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2013 4:38:00 PM More reviews by jvdb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

To all those commenting on this product drying their nails...that is what it is supposed to do! It is intended to dehydrate and remove oils on the nails that will cause polish to chip if left on. I wouldn't call this a HG product, but it can be a useful step in a manicure. This product was given to me and I use it and am fairly happy although I don't know if I would repurchase since washing with a good soap should also remove all the oils as long as you are careful to get into the corners.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/2/2012 3:45:00 PM More reviews by jadorelechoc

Horrible product, does nothing about your nail polish longevity or your nails, in fact it dehydrates them like no man's business and makes them more prone to peeling and staining. Avoid this at any cost, it certainly is not worth the European price tag. I have read the positive reviews about this but I have seen more damage than benefit to my nails. I'd rather have to reapply my polish sooner that go through abnormally peeling nails.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/16/2012 9:38:00 PM More reviews by GIRLNEXTDOOR495

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Yucky!! This stuff took my beautiful strong nails and made them peel like an orange. They are so dried out its crazy. Now I must pamper them like 10 little babies to get my beauties back. My other half bought it for me so I must quietly return. ;-) Would love to give this a 0. Don't purchase this you will regret it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2012 5:35:00 PM More reviews by hooplehead

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Please read wishful10's review before panning this product. So many reviewers do not seem to be using it correctly. If you are using it in any other order than as she directs, you are not going to like this product. But used as she directs, I have noticed a huge difference in the life of my manicure with Chip Skip. It even helps dissolve those little pieces of nail polish I miss during removal. It is especially important to wipe it around the whole border of the nail, up along the edge of the cuticle. My nail polish used to gunk up at the edges and look awful. With the Chip Skip, that does not happen anymore, It works well under OPI, Zoya, Lippmann and most polishes, keeping them from showing any more than slight tip wear. The only brand Chip Skip does not noticeably extend is Orly, but their wear is crappy, so no surprise there. I am really loving this. I just bought two large bottles and would definitely repurchase again.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2011 1:42:00 PM More reviews by Pimentp

I bought this product at winners .. not expensive it was $8 for chip skip and base and top coat.. it came in a package

I use it only with opi colours and i find it works wonders.. i work with children so im always washing my hands and cleaning.. after one week i had little chips.

Awsome stuff!