July 31, 2014 | 1299 users online

Loose Powders - Kanebo - Lunasol Skin Contrast Face Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 10/31/2013 11:54:00 PM More reviews by chingchingcat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I used only a few brands of loose powder, but so far it's the best. I am using the natural one instead of the shiny one. I have dry skin so after I apply the loose powder the dry patches surface. Luckily, I've got no such problem with using lunasol. I have no experience with using it in summer, but in autumn and winter, it won't dry me up, and lasts the day looking matt and smooth.

The puff is nice as well.

But disappointed about the packaging. The filter isn't fixed in the case, so there's problem for me to dab the powder evenly.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2013 11:19:00 AM More reviews by visee

Just finished an entire tub of this powder in 01 Glow, and felt like writing a review to mark the achievement! Lunasol has great base products, and this powder is very finely milled and soft. It comes with a nice plush powder puff, although I find the powder keeps my skin matte longer if I apply with a kabuki brush instead. I like my face powders to have a bit of shimmer in them to add radiance to my skin. This has tiny micro shimmers that are really subtle and you definitely don't notice it on the skin or look glittery (in fact I forgot this had any shimmer in it until I checked). The only thing that would make this powder perfect would be if it had some moisturizing effect (i.e. like my absolute favorite Kiss Moist Angel powder which has been sadly discontinued). However, overall its a really nice powder and I would repurchase it again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2012 4:25:00 AM More reviews by thecharm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Lunasol Skin Contrast loose powder is very finely milled: not as fine as La Mer or Suqqu, but close. Shade 01 is sparkly like a Cullen; 02 is a lovely barest satin medium
Beige. It actually reminds me of the Suqqu finish. It has a drier feel and this dry feel is a major factor in my decision not to repurchase. If you like your powders on the silica-ish dry side, you may enjoy this more than I did. The other reason is that 02 is too dark to look natural on my pale skin. If you are NC/NW15 or above, you should have no problem with the color.