December 20, 2014 | 1641 users online

Treatments - Orly - Nailtrition

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2014 12:57:00 PM More reviews by PinkDahlia119

Really great stuff. I use it in conjunction with my DIY cuticle oil to give my nails a break from polish. I feel like it really replenishes my nails and makes them look really healthy. I just put it on twice a day like instructed and then apply my cuticle oil around and under the nail free edge and massage that in three times a day. I feel like a few days of that really heals my nails and gives them a vacation!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2014 9:46:00 AM More reviews by countrybearjamboree

I was disappointed that this didn't work for me. Based on the positive reviews here, I thought this would be ideal for my nail needs. But, who am I kidding? Nothing works for me. I've tried everything, I mean every single treatment offered by Sally Hansen and Sally Beauty Supply. I moved on to OPI, Magic Nail, Nail Tek, Qtica, China Glaze, Essie, Nailtiques, Mavala and finally ended up here at Orly Nailtrition. I'm starting to face reality that it is what you put inside you that will increase the health of your nails, not what you put on them. Also, after some research, some internal illnesses not recognized could be the reason for poor nail condition.

My nails: Weak, severe peeling, dry and prone to breakage. Orly Nailtrition specifically claims to help strengthen weak nails and prevent peeling. Since lack of strength and peeling are my two primary issues, I thought this product would work for me. I followed the instructions and after three weeks, my nails actually appeared worse. I had significant peeling issues and four nails broke.

Conclusion: For me, nothing that I top my nails with will fix the problem. I started on Biotin 5000/per day and increased my dairy consumption. I rarely eat dairy so when I started to eat greek yorgurt daily, I noticed my nails looking better. Lastly, HYDRATION! Keeping nails and cuticles moisturized at all times really improves my nail health. I need to get into the habit of keeping a cuticle cream on me at all times and reapply throughout the day.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 1/14/2014 1:46:00 AM More reviews by marisaew1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Bought to help my thin, weak nails, and because it was pretty "green" and not toxic. Didn't work at all. But two lippies because it does give a pretty, pink shimmer. Am now on to Butter nail fertilizer. Fingers crossed.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2013 8:15:00 PM More reviews by CordulaM

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Bought this after returning Nail Magic. Still peeling, chipping and breaking, even with minimal polishing. Returning it. Trying Duri Rejuvacote.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2013 9:18:00 AM More reviews by kristamb

I bought this product (at Sally Beauty Supply) after my nails started peeling TERRIBLY! I'm still not sure what ever caused this problem, because my nails have never peeled so badly before (they usually only start peeling after they have grown to their max, and need trimming anyway)!!

Anyhow, I used Naitrition pretty much according to direcitons...I tried to apply 2 coats daily but sometimes only did one! I used it for a week, took off, and re-applied for a second stright week. I should also note that when I started using Nailtrition I also started taking a multivitiamin and folic acid supplement daily too (I think all together everything made the difference!).

The end result after 2 weeks was my nails were back to their normal state, maybe even a bit stronger! Yeah!

My only complaint, if I had to make one, is that the Nailtrition formula is a pink shimmery olor, which I don't really care for. I would rather have a plain old clear coat! But, it worked so I don't relaly care too much about the color of it. I highly reccommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2013 3:34:00 PM More reviews by lelde007

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

My nails have weak structure, they' ve never been long, always splits, and generally - not the ones to be polished. In winter I 'm really ashamed about my nail condition - I don' t feel like pulling my hands out of my pockets. As usually, I like exactly that what is hard to get - I loooove manicuring and polishing my nails, but sadly - even polish doesn' t stay for long; my weak splitted nails simply does not hold it!
It' s unbelievable what "nailtrition" does! After two weeks of "Nailtrition" cure (as recommended by Orly) my nails were really stronger, and they splitted much less than usually (it did not stop splitting my nails in 2 weeks, however the speed of strengthening was significant). Even more - this strengthener has really neat pearlescent sheen, which gives very pretty and elegant look to hands. Therefore it works perfectly also as daytime nail polish! Now since I started "nailtrition" cure, I keep my nails polished for 3 weeks and 1 week with "nailtrition".

Will definitely buy this product again!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2013 12:09:00 AM More reviews by Lil_Mamma_001

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this today and I intend to update in a few weeks after use. But I can speak on a few things so far.

I found this at Ulta in the nail section for an even $15 bucks. You may be able to get it cheaper if you can find an Ulta coupon ($3.50 off $10 or 20% off) that they usually have.

The size I got (full size) comes in a .6 oz normal Orly shaped bottle. It is a sheer apricot/peachy color in the bottle and on the nails it dries to a nice shiny clear. If you look close you can see very, very, fine light peachy glitters. Not chunky glitter, I'm not even sure if you'd call it glitter but it gives a nice healthy and natural sheen to your nails.

Update: I've been using this for 2 1/2 weeks now nearly everyday and while my nails have not grown crazy they have grown. I started off with nubs due to cutting them all down to grow together. This has made my nails a little stronger but not by much. I am going to continue to use this and update again.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2012 11:45:00 PM More reviews by tightenedribbon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I cannot say enough good things about this product!

My nails had been in awful condition after some acrylics I had put on for a wedding and they had been splitting and peeling for about a year, so I bought this to try and fix them. I did the proper routine for about a week (i accidentally missed some days of putting on another coat) and that was all I needed. My nails are fine now and there are no splits at all. It didn't chip and looked great on the nails while on so I wouldn't mind using it again by itself for a more natural look.

Also this works great as a base coat. I had always used orly bonder but I had run out so I decided to use this instead and for me it's worked much better. My nails are pretty much nail polish repellent because I can rarely keep it on for a day without chipping, and after 3 days I usually get it peeling off in sheets and looking awful but I've been wearing the same nail polish for about a week now and I've only had 2 major chips and one tiny one. This is actually a miracle for my nails to be keeping something on this long.

I'm definitely going to be repurchasing this instead of bonder now because I've just had amazing results all round.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2012 11:49:00 AM More reviews by Samanthaiam

This is the product that will save your nails if you paint them often, over the time all those chemicals take a toll on your nails. I always use the orly bonder base coat, but every three weeks of wearing it my nails need a break and I wear this as my base coast for a week and it works just as good. I do recommend every few months giving your nails the full treatment, adding a new coat everyday for a week, taking it off, wearing it again for another week than give your nails a break. This will keep them strong and healthy all the time. It also has a pretty sheen to it, and the color starts to buiild after a few days and looks really pretty.

I always wear polish! Always always, my boyfriend says ALWAYS? and I say yes I don't wear naked nails unless I'm doing this treatment, and I also change my color every few days so my nails really get a beating from all the chemicals and polish remover.

This stuff will save your nails, I am on my second bottle and it lasts a long time, it's a little pricey but to keep my nails healthy it's totally worth it. I have also tried OPI nail envy and it did nothing for me, actually I don't care for OPI and think it's highly over rated and over priced.

Go get this!!! If you paint your nails all the time like me this is the product to keep your nails healthy and strong!! My HG nail rescue product!!!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2012 2:41:00 AM More reviews by glamorouskatie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this as a basecoat, and it keeps my nails strong and in good shape. If you wear it by itself, it has a pretty pink shimmery sheen to it. It does dry out my cuticles, however.