December 22, 2014 | 971 users online

Treatments - AMBI - Fade Cream

rated 4 of 5 on 12/21/2014 11:44:00 AM More reviews by purplerose95

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have used Ambi fade cream for almost five months now and will be discontinuing it. The reason is, hydroquinone can't be used for more than six months, I plan to move on to Indeed Labs pepta bright. I used Ambi to fade a tan on my neck which has been present for a long time. My natural skin colour is nc 25-30 and the tan is probably nc 40. My tan has faded probably one or two shades, I took pictures to compare and can see a slight difference. I used Alpha Hydrox 10% aha treatment two times a week with this to amplify the results. I like the price of this cream too, it was $20 for two tubes totaling 4 oz which is pretty generous.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2014 11:52:00 PM More reviews by ilmatar

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Honestly this stuff is amazing, except it smells absolutely terrible. (But I'll put up with that because it gives me great results.)

I picked it up at walmart for around $10 - I think it's a fair enough price because a little bit goes a long way.

I first wash my face thoroughly using a Clarisonic. I then gently pat dry and use a 100% Pure tonic for normal to oily skin. I let that dry for about 5 minutes and then I apply the Olay Regenerist Night Resurfacing Elixir. After that is dry, (I wait until my face no longer feels sticky from the elixir) I apply the Ambi Fade Cream for Oily skin only to the areas where I have mild acne scarring. I have used it for a few days now and already see noticeable results. The dark pink acne scars are now way lighter and smaller and just less 'angry' looking altogether. The product doesn't seem to cause any adverse reactions with my skin and I plan to continue using it as long as I need to in order to eliminate all of the scarring.

I would recommend this to anyone who has mild acne scarring (I am not sure how well it works on very dark marks or scars) with normal to oily skin. If you have reactions/breakouts with silicones and/or sunscreens, then I would not recommend it because this product does contain these things.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/15/2014 10:52:00 PM More reviews by paolandlove

I have the oily skin one and I've bought it about 3x. This is good for my acne scarring (I don't wear sunscreen, I know I know). I do not put it ALL over my face, just the specific spots I need help with. It's a creme, comes out of a resealable tube. Once it settles that area of my face becomes very oily. I usually wear it on top of all the other stuff I put on my face at night. If I use it every night for a week - I'll see good results and my dark brown spot will fade to a light pink. I'll post pictures later on of a particularly dark spot that my Origins Dr. Weil Mega Bright serum isn't doing ANYTHING about. This always has done the trick. Seems like it doesn't do well with hyper pigmentation.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2014 12:35:00 AM More reviews by Shocker

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Why does this have bad reviews! I've been using this fade cream for 1 month now and I never thought I would actually like it this much. I have 3 dark spots on my face due to acne, acne always leaves Brown spots on my face one it clears, their for I am beyond shocked that my marks are almost gone! had these spots for way to long. I used this fade cream only on spots not my whole face but I am very pleased. I am fair skin.. only thing I would say that is negative is that it says on the tube that it will not work for for dark skin! that's so lame!!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2014 10:22:00 PM More reviews by lushlife505

I did not notice any results

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2014 6:30:00 AM More reviews by Reservechic

When I had developed some dark marks around the areas near my mouth, I decided to use this product to help get rid of such, which it did. The only thing that i do not like about this product is its scent, as it smells too perfumey.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2014 7:34:00 AM More reviews by nancyellenb

I purchased this product after using a number of other lotions/creams/gels, etc., to try and minimize a small patch of hyper pigmentation I was developing on the left side of my face. I had tried a similar product from La Roche Posay for months and saw ZERO results. Therefore, my expectations with AMBI were slim to none. I believe the hyper pigmentation I had developed was a result of age/sun exposure vs. deep acne scarring. I've used the AMBI cream at night and in the morning (only on the affected area) for about two weeks and have seen a drastic change in the few dark spots I had seen. They're noticeably lighter and I no longer have to cover them with an additional layer of Bobbi Brown's foundation stick (in addition to my normal liquid foundation). For me, this product was worth the few dollars I paid for it, and has done the job. I will be repurchasing.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/15/2014 11:31:00 AM More reviews by MayaB29

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I brought this product after watching a YouTube review/tutorial on it. I use the product for the first time at night, and woke up in the middle of the night to find my face was incredibly oily and pudgy. I thought nothing of it, went back to sleep- woke up the next morning to find my face absolutelty covered in an extreme rash. I had tiny bumps all over my face, with small white heads. Stopped using the product straight away. I must say however, I put alot of the product on my face as opposed to a little- but still, the results were horrendous. Still searching for an effective acne scar fading cream.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/13/2014 10:48:00 PM More reviews by prettylisa000

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

It was a waste of my money. Made my nose somewhat shiny all the time. I also used it on my arms because of all the mosiquito bites I had from camping with my daughters. Simply did not work. I couldn't tell a difference. Using Clorox might be more effective because this product smells very pungent as well!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/13/2014 10:15:00 PM More reviews by princessqueen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

soo I bought this stuff few months ago and long story short. broke me out with more acne and clogged my nose pores...yuck!! I was not happy because I was a home shell because I was embarrased:( this stuff smells like hair perm..its real cheap no wonder it doesn't work, you get what you pay for or if it works for scars not good for people prone to breaking out. because made reason I get scars is because of acne.