July 22, 2014 | 1631 users online

Loose Powders - E.L.F. - Studio High Definition Powder

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2014 8:08:00 PM More reviews by guernicatautou

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

This is my absolute favorite loose powder. Ever. I hate the look of powder, I don't like the dryness or the cake-y look, but this one leaves you with neither. It gives your face this softness, I can't explain it but it is gorgeous. Your skin looks like it's natural, yet matte; I feel like it gives me an etherial looking complexion. I think everyone needs to try this, even though the white powder looks intimidating, it adapts to most complexions. Can't say enough good things about this!!! Would purchase even if it was 10x the price, love.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2014 2:11:00 PM More reviews by thathoneydip

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Okay, so I have no idea why it took me so long to try this .. I bought this a week ago and absolutely fell in love !!

The product itself is so fine . It's translucent and does not magnify my gigantic pores. I put this on after I am finished with all my makeup. I just take a kabuki brush and lightly dust this over my entire face then go for a second layer on my t-zone .

I bartend at a nightclub so it actually keeps my face shine free from 3pm till I leave at 4am !! Amazing.. And lord knows that it gets hot and sticky in clubs!

The packaging is nice and sleek looking. I like it. I've heard about the shaker pouring out too much and to avoid the mess I actually did not take off the plastic covering it comes with.. Instead I took a pin and poked holes through it so I can control the amount of product that comes out .

It doesn't make me look ghostly in pictures , and does not break me out . The product itself is like $6 I think so it's super affordable ! Overall win win

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2014 10:55:00 PM More reviews by Nancyplayfoot

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I accidentally bought this in shimmer. I was so scared to try it because I didn't want to look silly with sparkles all over my face. I took the leap and tried it and wow! It is awesome. I only used a little and my face looked matte and airbrushed. I love it. I see no sparkles on my face. I will forever buy this

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2014 10:40:00 PM More reviews by Mpersh

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a fantastic product! A perfect dupe for MUFE High Definition powder at a fraction of the price. Like many others say, use a brush, not the puff. In fact, the E.L.F kabuki brush is great for a few dollars. My only complaint is the packaging. Too much product comes out at once. Once you're aware that will happen you know to watch for it, but I had a few powder explosions when I first used it. This product gives your makeup a really nice set without looking cakey or changing the shade of your foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/2/2014 3:08:00 PM More reviews by jcoffee

I love this loose powder! It is very lightweight and helps with blending for a natural look. I dislike the packaging. I put this on with a brush not with the powder puff thing it comes with. I wish it had packaging like Mary Kay's finishing powder or bare minerals containers. If you take the puff out then you will have way too much coming out when you open the tip. Beware.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2014 4:19:00 PM More reviews by disigney

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This powder is incredible! I read a lot of reviews about it online, and I was a bit iffy about it because a lot of reviewers were mentioning the white cast that this powder creates when you use it. But, I saw it at Target and needed some powder so I went for it!

First things first, the packaging is terrible. SO terrible. The powder literally explodes out of it every single time I open it and I lose so much product. There is no careful way to use this powder without getting it everywhere. It would be great if there was a seal on it similar to Bare Minerals to prevent this from happening but what can you do?

I would recommend using a brush to apply this, not a powder puff or sponge. I find that with a brush the white cast from the powder doesn't happen and if it does, you can just buff it away with your brush.

Other than that, this powder is AMAZING. It leaves my skin feeling super silky smooth and my makeup does not budge at ALL. I work at Disney World in Florida, and lately the temperatures have been raging at 95+ degrees and I will sweat, get rained on, whatever, and my skin feels just like it did when I applied my makeup that morning.

I would definitely recommend this to anyone! Just be careful with how much you're applying because it does cast a white shade to your face.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/24/2014 9:00:00 PM More reviews by eskimo24

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Beautiful as a finishing powder. Leaves my skin looking airbrushed and beautifully natural in texture. It doesn't cling to my dry skin either!! Packaging is awful! The container is large and there's quite a bit of product, but every time I open the lid there's always powder everywhere that just falls everywhere. DO NOT use as a setting powder as this won't hold down your foundation and DO NOT get your photo take whilst wearing this: you'll look as though you set your face with talcum powder and have an awful white cast... As for a finishing powder though great product for a great price.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2014 6:30:00 AM More reviews by larosedechanel

e.l.f. Studio High Definition Powder is one of my go-to powders; I have oily skin & this without doubt helps control it. I wear it both alone & over foundation, but mostly alone. When I wear it alone, I prime my face with e.l.f. Studio Mineral Infused Face Primer. My face looks AMAZING. I've even received a compliment on how matte my face looked. Mind you, we have triple-digit summers nearly every day where I live.

I have Clear, & someone correct me if I'm wrong, but on the website, I see it's now called Sheer. There are also shades Shimmer & Corrective Yellow. I definitely need to pick up Shimmer because anyone who knows me knows I'm about obsessed with glitter, ha!

With regards to the packaging, it could be better. Despite there being a twist-top, this gets messy. The powder is SO fine that is kind of leaves a light layer of itself all over the box. I didn't throw away the sponge applicator inside, but I don't use it because I have dark skin & needless to say, white powder does not look good on me. I use a kabuki brush & an extremely light hand so I don't wind up with a white film on my face. Naturally, flash photography is a nightmare with this powder on. Regardless, I love this powder & will be buying another. (It's $6 at Target.)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/26/2014 7:47:00 AM More reviews by Elfinoz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really like this powder for keeping oil in check. I was a little worried that I would end up looking like Casper using a white powder, and I have to admit when it's freshly applied it does look quite pale but around 20 - 30 mins after application it seems to "settle in" and the white cast goes away. It does a better job of soaking up oil than many other powders I've used and it doesn't look heavy or cakey.

I've seen some pics of celebs who have been caught out with this powder - it seems it doesn't work too well with flash photography so you might want to avoid this if you'll be having your photo taken - I like it a lot for every day use and the price is pretty reasonable.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2014 2:39:00 AM More reviews by WhatsUpButtercup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My makeup bag will never again be complete without this. It's a perfect dupe for MUFE HD, and the price? Wow. I assume the people giving poor reviews are expecting this to do things it was never meant to do, add it does the job it's meant for incredibly well.