E.L.F. Studio High Definition Powder

4.2

Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Silica Amorphous. (ONLY 2 INGREDIENTS.) (RATED LOWEST TOXIC FACE POWDER ON EWG)

on 3/10/2015 9:56:00 AM

This is a great high def powder for the price. I was using MUFE hd powder and liked it very much. I spotted this Elf powder for cheap and decided to give it a try. I don't think most people would be able to tell the difference between the two. So, I'm very pleased. I will definitely buy again though this is a large container that will last for a long time as I rarely reapply it. I don't have oily skin or shine issues. My skin is normal. This powder gives a nice matte finish without using much. The container isn't bad. I don't toss mine around so it doesn't spill out of the sifter. The powder puff is nice. It's just bulky and the plastic seems cheap compared to other packages but no biggie since it is cheap! Anyway, good stuff!

on 2/16/2015 1:40:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

For reference, I have dehydrated-normal skin and I got this as an extra in an exchange and decided to try it out. I thought it was excellent at drying up my skin. It could have been more finely milled but for the price it is a great deal. Although I'm still not sure what possessed me to try it as my skin doesn't exactly need help with becoming a desert.

I may have used a tad too much as I could see a slight white cast but it's not something I would have noticed if I weren't looking for it. I do think the packaging is a bit bulky and as it's a loose powder it may not be the most convenient for someone who travels frequently.

I passed it along to my oily skinned sister who enjoys it. I wouldn't personally repurchase it since it doesn't suit my skin type (I didn't knock down points on the rating for this as this is entirely my fault) but for anyone with oily skin looking for a powder to help control it may be a good fit.

on 1/28/2015 6:56:00 PM

Hair: Red, Other, Medium

I think this powder is great if you can wear it. You can't beat the price, and I love the look it gives over tinted moisturizer and concealer since I don't like to wear foundation if I don't have to. The problem is that it seems to break me out. The breakouts aren't bad, but every time I use this powder, I get a new zit. These seem to go away quickly when I stop using it, but sadly, I think I'll have to search for something else.

I suspect that my skin just may not like the high dimethicone content in this powder as I sometimes but not always breakout if I use primers with dimethicone. i wonder if it might be a matter of concentration.

Takeaway: This is definitely worth a try for the price. I wish I could use it.

on 1/28/2015 6:26:00 PM

This is the first ever HD powder i have brought and i must say it has really been quite useful especially for those days you don't feel like putting a heavy powder on over your already foundationed (i know this isn't a proper word hehe) face so this is great for just giving you a nice matte/light coverage.

When im doing a proper job of my make up ill applying this over my rimmel stay matte powder and it looks really nice, it just blurs out my imperfections and almost gives an airbrushed look to your skin.

Price: Great!
Quality: Fantastic (you don't have to skimp on quality for the price of this product like some other products)
Application: easy! i apply mine with the powder puff given (although id suggest buying a better quality one) and then i just lightly dust off the excess with a powder brush.
Packaging: it can be a little annoying when your trying to get the powder out.

Any hoo! if your wanting a good hd powder for an extremely affordable price id go for this one.
x

I have super dry skin, but my foundation tends t wear off throughout the day and cling to dry patches. I just needed powder to set foundation on my nose, jawline and forehead so that foundation would stay put and avoid transferring onto my cell phone, glasses and and scarves. Omg this powder is awesome. It is so finely milled and leaves your skin incredibly soft. It blurred pores and imperfections while preventing shine, transferring, clinging to dry patches and oxidation. It's amazing and soon much cheaper than my MAC powder! My only complaint is that it can be a little hard to find in Canada, and sometimes the packaging is messy. But I would absolutely recommend this to anyone with dry skin or oily skin. Btw I used this with the Wayne Goss method and it worked great too.

on 1/13/2015 2:40:00 PM

A complete dupe for MUFE HD powder. Nice packaging, great product, low price. The powder is completely transparent on your skin and does a great job of mattifying and blurring. It doesn't get any better than this!

on 1/7/2015 7:59:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I wasn't expecting to be so surprised by this powder, but I was! I'm way oilier than most people who identify as "very oily" and have pretty much accepted my fate as an unavoidable grease spill, but this stuff controls shine beauuutifully. I touch up twice in a span of about 8 hours (unfortunately that can't change but whatever), and I noticed that each time I blotted off significantly less oil than usual. When I got home, not only was my face almost matte, but the makeup underneath had stayed on strong all day; even my undereye concealer looked presentable. As long as you only lift off a part of the seal and keep the puff in the (quite large and clunky) container, application is not that messy. But seriously, I can't complain considering the price and quality of the product. As a bonus, this powder doesn't have high toxicity like a lot of other makeup, and that's amazing. My Rimmel Stay Matte has met its last days.

on 1/5/2015 10:54:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Brilliant affordable product, you cannot go wrong with this.

on 12/31/2014 3:04:00 PM

Love this stuff! I use a liquid Foundation then this powder and a foundation powder. Makes my makeup stay longer, brightens my face and helps keep my face less shiny.

on 12/15/2014 10:59:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

I do like this powder, it's pretty finely milled and does an okay job of setting makeup. makes ur skin feel hella smooth and soft. to be honest I'm not really sure what the point of powder is beyond mattifying foundation/concealer so I can't really tell you how good this product is vs competitors' products simply because it doesn't do much. keeps makeup matte for an okay amount of time, you should expect to have to reapply after two or three hours. also - not a ton of product! I know it's only $5 but I feel like this stuff doesn't even last a month. I'm probably just gonna end up popping the container open when I run out and refilling it with cornstarch.

Video Reviews & Tutorials