Hard As Hoof Nail Strengthening Cream

4.7

Purified Water, Aloe Vera Concentrate, Jojoba Oil, Aloe Vera Oil, Glycerin, Glyceryl Stearate, Bees Wax, Hydrolyxed Protein, Calcium Pantothenate, Allantoin, Liposomes, Vitamins A, C, D & E, Dl-Panthenol, Natural Fragrance, Methyl Paraben, Probyl Paraben.

on 2/23/2015 9:42:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Simply put, this little jar of cream is everything that all the other nail strengthening products claim to be. This is the only product I can truly rely on to help my thin, brittle nails, and the best part is that I see immediate results. I was at my wits end, purchasing every bottle of "strengthener" I could find, in a desperate attempt to fix my nails after having acrylics for years. It was a futile attempt, because no matter how much I spent or how patient I was, nothing was really working. Until I saw this little gem and remembered that my sweet grandmother used to use it faithfully. I figured why not, I've tried everything else. And I'm so glad I tried it, because I immediately felt and saw a difference in the health and appearance of my nails and cuticles.

So here's the bottom line: it's around $5.00 give or take, and it's hard to come by, because as soon as a store like WalMart stocks it, people stockpile this cream. So I would recommend ordering it online, or if you do happen to see it in a store, snatch it up before it disappears. Oh, and some people dislike the cherry almond scent, but once you rub the cream in, the smell dissipates

on 1/30/2015 11:15:00 AM

I bought this product over the summer after reading good reviews, and used it for several weeks which greatly improved my normally weak, dry nails. My nails grew, were stronger, and looked nice unpolished. However, when my husband "cleaned up" it was put in a drawer and I forgot about it over the last several months.

Last week I noticed that January was really taking a toll on my nails and cuticles. My cuticles were cracking, had hangnails, and were on the verge of bleeding (so gross). My thumb nail had ripped way back to the point the shape of my nail was deformed, and I had to trim the rest of my splitting and peeling my nails back to nothing. In a desperate search for a lotion that could help, I found my jar of Hard As Hoof in the back of a drawer and immediately used it. I have used it several times a day since (about 4 days) and my cuticles especially look so much better (and aren't painfully dry), and the tiny bit of regrowth of my nails is white, and seems to be not as brittle. So glad I rediscovered this product.

The only drawback for me is the cherry almond scent, but that is just me, I normally prefer non-scented products, so its a drawback I am used to dealing with :)

on 1/14/2015 1:00:00 AM

I bought this product in hopes of it helping with my horribly ruined nails. Frequent gel polish changes (at home kits) and whatnot caused them to bend and peel. They also have creases, thinned out a lot, and overall look horrid.

I bought this after passing it many times and not purchasing due to the price (7.98CAD at Walmart). I finally caved and bought it after giving into my curiosity.

I've used it for some time now and I am very impressed! This product strengthened my nails very quickly! After a shower, my long nails appear soft, and definitely bend. With this, I've noticed the bending stops and it's no longer as soft.

The container is little but will last you forever! I scooped a bit of it out into a jar that travels in my bag with me, so I'll always have it on the go! :)

on 1/13/2015 1:40:00 PM

This stuff works.

Bed, Bath & Beyond is the only store where I've found this locally, in a major city -for $5.99. Use their 20% off coupon. Cannot find at Walmart. Amazon has for $5.99.

My nails have been weak, like tissue paper my whole life. As I've gotten older my left hand is a little better but my right hand still has weak nails. Weird, huh? I really wanted to have longer nails but without artificial methods involving chemicals/UV light. After using this about a month, my nails are definitely improving, even on my right hand. Keeps my cuticles soft too, preventing hangnails. I apply this cream at least 3 x per day....on my way to work and on the way home, at bedtime and any other time I won't be washing my hands for at least an hour or so, e.g. at the beginning of watching a movie.

Fragrance is strong. Pleasant but strong! Would love to see an unscented version!!!

on 11/10/2014 1:16:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

This is the only creme nail strenghtner you will need! (other than mavala scientifique that is)
When used with mavala my nails are harder and stronger (and moisturized so no breakage) than ever! I have to file my nails down everytwo days they grow so quickly! I tried all the others and they didn't work half as well as this one. Plus you can't beat the price. At $4.99 a pop (this is the only thing i can bring myself to go into a wal mart to purchase), each tub lasts me about two months, maybe i'll go thru one a month in the super dry colorado winter, but for the price, I always buy at least three and make sure I never run out!
Side note: I used to have a problem with my big toenails flaking & peeling off. Now I have a dedicated bottle of this for my toes and no more. My home pedicures (with blue cross blue shield cuticle remover) last at least a month with out chipping because my toenails are so much healthier & stronger! Lol i even stubbed my toe twice this week on the stone fireplace hearth and no chips (used opi polish for french manicured tips on toes)! Can you beat that? DIDN"T THINK SO ^_^

on 7/26/2014 12:56:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have had weak, peeling, paper thin nails all my life. I was so excited to try this cream and start growing my own natural nails.

Unfortunately, this did nothing for me. Lovely texture and scent, but even with daily use there was no noticeable difference in my nail strength.

I

on 7/26/2014 1:03:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

It's nothing special, but it also has no particular flaws, either. It goes into the skin quickly, but I have to resuse it within an hour or so as my cuticles feel dry again, so it doesn't have any good lasting impact. I noticed no improvement in my nails, but nothing got any worse, either.

It does not leave the skin greasy, it leaves no powdery residue, and it has a lovely, almond smell. Generally I prefer things not to have any scent, but I find this quite nice.

Any moisterising is not strong enough to be very good for nails or cuticles, but it's one of those 'good enough' products. For the price, which is cheap, I'd recommend it.

on 6/27/2014 4:19:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Magic in a tub! I'm currently growing out my nails from acrylics; and this is heaven on my nails and cuticles. I've had this for about a month from Walmart, I apply 1-3 times daily, over nailpolish and everything. When I have naked nails i apply quickly in a bout a 4 hr period along with my burts bees cuticle butter. This combo is growing out my nails like crazy status. I will repurchase this til well forever. My once weak and peely nails are now almost full strength and only have 2 peely nails left, which is from the acrylics growing out. My new clean natural nail is beautiful and strong with no peels in sight. Love this stuff. The smell is kinda strong and sometimes I like it, and others I wanna barf, but is disappears quickly. Also it's not greasy, I can easily wipe off extra and have no residue left on my hands. Adore this lil gem. :)

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

HG status in my mani routine for sure. it's inexpensive and it really works. my nails do not bend right now, but they're not brittle. I actually had almost a hard time trimming them today, thank goodness for files! if weak nails are a problem for you, try this stuff out. the scent isn't my favorite but it's tolerable, and it works well enough to be able to ignore it. I don't even apply it the recommended amount (3x a day) but I've still seen great results. I bought mine at Walmart, it was hidden on the bottom shelf in the nail polish area. I wouldn't have found it if I wasn't looking for it specifically.

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

I am a property manager who owns my own company so I am constantly using my hands and fingers to point out things in contracts. I used to be a nail tech, but of course that didn't mean my own nails didn't shale off, crack and break. I couldn't usually have ten actual nails all the same length. I started using 3 products. One is Hard as Hoof. I originally bought it at WalMart. I also used Nail Envy by OPI (a little on the expensive side at $18 for the bottle with green printing on the front.) Here's my routine: I started rubbing in Hard as Hoof in the evening while watching TV. I made sure I dragged my nails across the top of the cream so the under part of the nail got some cream. Then I just kept rubbing it in while watching TV. After an hour or so, I wiped off the tops of my nails with a clean wash cloth (dry wash cloth.) Then, I applied the OPI Nail Envy that has the green printing on the bottle. It dries quickly, so after a TV show of about half an hour I apply another coat. I do this on Sunday and Wednesday night. Your nails will grow. On the nights that you aren't doing the full routine, apply Nail Envy again. When they get to a decent length, and if you wish to paint them with a color lacquer, find a quick-drying one -- Maybelline Express used to be my favorite but they discontinued it. Now, believe it or not, I buy Wet N Wild for .99 at Walgreens. Apply over several coats of Nail Envy that have dried already. I usually do 2-3 coats in an evening, spacing them about 3 hours apart while I watch the telly. Then, a quick-dry topcoat like Seche Vite goes on to absorb the wear your nails take on a daily basis. You can apply additional coats of color and/or Seche Vite. Last time I had a pedicure, the lady doing my pedicure asked if my nails were acrylic !!!! I keep all the things I need in a little basket next to my sofa, but you could also put them in a pretty box and no one would be the wiser. The secret is consistency doing these things. GOOD LUCK.

Popular Treatments