October 2, 2014 | 1572 users online

Hair Styling Tools - Remington - Body Waves Ionic Hair Rollers

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2013 1:21:00 AM More reviews by emodel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ok, I think this is the product I have, lol. Hot rollers called Velvety Soft Protection Ionic Hairsetter, Wax Core. :-)......... So I have been using these for years. It does the job perfectly! I use a Kerastase heat protectant before on dry hair (Nectar Thermique), heat the rollers up for like 5 minutes, and put them in. You can do it 2 different ways: 1. hold a thicker strand out, put the roller at the very end and roll it up (you can do it both ways, towards the face or towards the back or switch them up, I prefer doing it towards up or towards the face). This will give you loser curls at the crown and tighter on the bottom as the hair gets thicker on top as you role it up... 2. put the roller right by the roots and twist the hair around it. You can`t do this on long hair as long hair won`t fit on the roller this way, but shorter will. This will give you tighter ringlets, all the way down the same size.
Anyhow, it has 3 different sizes of rollers. I have long layers. On the top I use the smallest (white ones) and the medium sized ones. On the back and longest layers I use the biggest ones.
LOVE the results! Leave them in for like 10 minutes, take them out, spray a bit of loose hairspray, and good to go. Best heat protectant: Kerastase Nectar Thermique. Best loose hairspray that will still hold: L`Oreal Elnett Extra Stong hold unscented one. :-))) The big locks stay in my hair this way for like 2 days. :-)))))))))))
The only thing I don`t like about them is that the medium rollers and the biggest ones both have a very similar colored gray `caps`, I wish they colored them different. But really, I have had this product for like 8 years, and it is still working in EXCELLENT condition!!! :-)))

rated 4 of 5 on 8/29/2009 11:30:00 AM More reviews by Yum3ji

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My mother purchased these Remington Body Waves Ionic Hair Rollers/Setter from The Bay for me after a recommendation from my hairstylist. The first time I used these rollers I had a mess of tight curls all over my head. The second time I used these my curls were still tight, but stable enough to go out in public. The third time looked nearly perfect. It's a steep learning curve to use these rollers, especially if you have no prior experience. But after you get the hang of things you'll want to use these everyday.

I usually let the rollers warm up for about 10-15 minutes to allow the wax cores to liquify while I run off and put my face on [note: remember to leave the lid open]. Then I insert these following the diagram in the enclosed pamphlet to make sure I don't end up with the same results I had the first time I used these rollers. The clips can be a little tricky as they won't stay on if there's too much hair per roll. However, they don't leave any indentation marks due to the fact that the teeth are clipped perpendicular to the roll versus parallel. Personally, I don't think this process takes to long since I multi-task while I have these on, but others may differ depending on their routine and schedule.

The curls, without hairspray, last a few hours then turn into slight waves. With hairspray they seem to last days. Even my boyfriend had noted that my hair felt softer after using these rollers. I'm not sure if it has something to do with the ionic properties, but I'm not complaining. My hair does still frizz after using these, but nothing a bit of Citré Shine won't resolve.

PRODUCT INFORMATION: To make hairstyling quick and easy, this hair-setting device comes with 20 wax-core rollers that heat up fast and retain heat longer for long-lasting curls, plus 20 easy-to-use, custom-designed clips to hold the rollers securely in place. The rollers stand up straight on metal posts beneath a transparent lid (although the rollers will heat with the lid up). A thermostat guards against overheating, and the rollers' rims stay cool to make winding burn-free. One roller has a red dot on top that darkens to indicate when the rollers are warm enough to use. The oval unit--all plastic, including rollers--is compact, measuring just 9-1/2 inches long, 4-3/4 inches high, and 7 inches deep, and comes with a two-year warranty against defects. [link] continued >>