July 23, 2014 | 1573 users online

Hair Styling Tools - Conair - Infiniti Pro Curl Secret

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2014 7:46:00 PM More reviews by RogueGeek

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I haven't always wanted curly hair. I went through a phase of craving pin-straight hair and mourning that my unruly, wavy hair would never be able to achieve that level of sleekness without the aid of heat and prayer.

But that changed when I started to embrace the waves. Then I was sad that my hair wasn't curly enough. I had the waves, sure, but I didn't have the defined curls that I was starting to dream of. I had my hair professionally curled for a special occasion and I loved it; I began to seriously consider getting my hair permed but just never seemed to take the steps to do it.

Then I saw a commercial for what looked like a gift from the curl gods. I was sceptical at first, obviously. Things on TV never seem to work properly in real life but my interest was certain piqued. The price was a little bit of a turn-off, as well because of my uncertainty to its functionality.

But when I went to youtube and watched the review of the Con Air Curl Secret, I could see that it seemed to work just as advertised. I was hopeful that maybe, just maybe, I could finally have the curly hair I dreamed of.

My birthday finally rolled around and lo and behold, I was gifted the magic wand of curling irons. Excited, I plugged it in right away, tried my best to thread the hair into the guide and ... I was met with four quick, angry beeps that let me know it was trying to eat my hair.

After reading the instructions and moving a bit more slowly, I let it suck my hair into it's magic curling tube and after ten seconds, I let go and out fell a perfect boing-boing curl!

So the next day I played with it more, and ending up curling my whole head of mid-back length hair in a half an hour. The time was because of my learning curve with the Curl Secret and a few snafu's in which I tried to thread too much hair into the chamber.

It's a little disconcerting when the Curl Secret actives and your hair is rolled into the curling chamber, but I found if I relaxed it didn't seem as bad. The curls seem to hold up well; I used no product in my hair to preserve them and even after sleeping on them, my hair was still curly when I woke up the next morning.

As a first experience with the Curl Secret, I couldn't be happier. The price is a little steep at a hundred dollars Canadian, but I feel that since the product delivers on its promises I can't complain that much.

I would definitely recommend to people although if your hair is very short, chin-length or shorter, it may be harder to get the very defined ringlets that are easier with longer hair. But that would honestly be my only caveat in terms of buying the Curl Secret.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2014 5:27:00 PM More reviews by MsAzNqTpRiNcEsS

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

My hair is long (past my waist), dry, with a few layers. I usually curl my hair with a clipless wand but my mom bought me this item for my birthday so i wanted to test it out. With the clipless iron, i can do my entire hair in 8 minutes..no more than 10. But with the curl secret, i felt like i needed double the time. It kept beeping because of "too much hair" or "tangles", even though i comb it prior. It's a little on the heavy side & have dropped it once already. I feel since it's so clunky, i cant get this curler near my scalp so most of my curls are at the half of my hair. When done correctly, the curls do look beautiful and shiny.The curls lasted all night without hairspray and were still curly the next day. It's an expensive product and if my mom left me a gift receipt, i'd probably return it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2014 4:22:00 PM More reviews by Shakeitdontbreakit

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Um... no.

The only reason I'm comfortable giving a resounding "nuh-uh" on this is I tried it with my best friend who is smarter than I when it comes to "technology" and she has thick course hair. As opposed to my fine hair.

Once I (she) finally figured out how to use it, I was terrified as it sucked my hair up and even more terrified that it didn't curl it. It didn't curl hers either. Then I remembered the hundy I threw down for this thing and true horror set in. I returned it (unprecedented - I'm usually too lazy) and will put this behind me.

Just wanted to FYI my lovely MUAers- if you buy it, make sure it's easy to return.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2014 10:34:00 PM More reviews by DeannaL72

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am so blown away by how easy this is!!!! I have been looking at it since it came out, and wanted to wait for it to A) go on sale, and B) have a lot of reviews. It finally went on sale for 85 on Macy's website, and I had a 20% coupon so I figured it wasn't going to get cheaper. The first time I did it, it only took me 15 minutes and it was so simple I couldn't believe it. I only did it for 8 seconds, and it is really curly. I have medium length hair that isn't straight or curly, just has a weird bunch of cowlicks in it. I have to either flat iron my hair or curl it, if I let it just dry it looks horrible. I highly recommend this product!!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/25/2013 8:48:00 PM More reviews by beachesatnormandy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This product lives up to what it says it is supposed to do: it curls your hair and maintains the curl for a long time. I have chest length, VERY fine and thin straight hair. Nothing will hold a curl in my hair. No matter how much hair spray, nothing has been able to curl my hair. The curl secret was able to though. However, because my hair is so thin and fine the machine had a little trouble recognizing it. It would make the twirly noise way after it had sucked all my hair up and had begun to curl. It's ability to curl was also a hit or miss. It either really curled or didn't curl at all. So I don't think this is much of a time saver as I had to go back and do pieces multiple times. It is also really difficult to get the right angle for the back of your head. It's something that has to be mastered.

Pros:

- Curls even the most difficult hair
- Holds the curl (mine lasted through sleep) for at least 24 hours without hair spray
- Easy for people new to hair styling
- Multiple settings for all different hair types/curl wishes

Cons:
- Will rip out your hair when it gathers the hair improperly
- The cord is kind of short, especially to reach the back of your head
- It does smell like burning plastic
- Expensive
- It will take some time for those of us with thin and fine hair
- It does only curl one way, which was annoying for the face framing hair

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2013 5:10:00 PM More reviews by CarolinaMidwife

You've seen this, it looks like a device sure to rip your hair right off your head. It's a curling device that sucks your hair in, wraps it around a heated barrel and then releases it. I watched as many videos as exist of this thing before I worked up the nerve to attach it to my head.

It is awesome. With some caveats...

I have long hair, down to the middle of my back. It's fine but there's a lot of it. And it's lumpy, not wavy: lumpy. I can't let it air dry, I either have to straighten it or curl it. I love to do beachy curls but it usually takes me about 35-40 minutes and I get real sweaty and my arms get tired. And then maybe they stay, maybe they don't. With the Curl Secret I curled my hair just this morning, it was only my 3rd time using this device, and it took 15 minutes. I'm pretty sure I can get it down to 10 minutes eventually.

There are different heat settings and different time settings and you just have to mess around and see what works for your hair. You section your (totally dry) hair as you would for curling it normally and then take a section of hair about 1" (confession, I use more) and place it in the clamp area. Close it up and it sucks your hair in and holds it for either 8, 10, or 12 seconds and (after a series of beeps) releases it. If it senses that your hair isn't totally combed out or if it gets tangled at all it will beep and release your hair. Only once I have been caught in the barrel and it wasn't too bad it get myself untangled. The Curl Secret is not super heavy and it's pretty hard to burn yourself.

Now, my one complaint is that it only curls in one direction and that is a bummer for the hair around my face that likes to get curled back. I found a work around for it but it can be confusing because you have to hold the device with a certain side always facing your head. However, you can manipulate the direction of the curl by holding the device upside down. As long as the opening is facing your head you're good... Like I said, this can get a little confusing to manipulate in the mirror but it works.

My other tip is to twist your hair before you clamp onto it. Once I realized I could twist the full length of my hair and it would still work I never had another tangle rejection issue again. And I can get about twice as much hair to curl at one time.

So, my advice is if you like your hair curled and you have fairly long hair this tool is a huge time saver. Buy it from somewhere like Ulta with a good return policy and just try it a few times.

17 out of 17 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No