Conair Infiniti Pro Curl Secret

3.8

on 5/4/2015 3:17:00 PM

I loved the idea of this but overall, I'm not thrilled with it. Heavy and clunky to hold and use. As far as the results, ymmv, took a few tries to get pretty curls.

Make sure your hair is clean and proper ally brushed, don't put too much hair into the chamber or you will be paying for it in hair loss!

I found spritzing each section lightly after it came out of the chamber, helped set it.

I wish I had paid more and gotten the real deal instead of pro curl secret.

Overall, it's ok but I'm sure there's better out there.

on 1/28/2015 3:28:00 PM

I'm reviewing the Babyliss Curl Secret. From what I heard, it's the same company, same product's name, same packaging, different brands.

I had already give up on doing curls on my hair. I simply cannot work with flat irons and wands to curl my hair. I find it time consuming, hard to do, boring and the curls don't look very good. Maybe it's my technique, but I'm too lazy to try to work it out.

Anyway, I saw this product and immediately wanted to try it. And it met my expectations, because it does exactly what is shown on the commercial. I just have to put my hair on it, and it does all the work for you. It's really amazing, the results are always perfect, with no effort, and the curls last for days.

My hair is on the normal side (not thin, not thick) and I usually use the low temperature, and the results really last!

The downside to it, and the reason I gave it 4 stars and I wouldn't buy again, it's because it doesn't allow to choose the direction of the curl, it's automatic (it alternates between right and left). There are a few tricks that you can do to choose the direction, but it takes a little practice and it can be time consuming. It also restricts the styles you can achieve.

Because I wanted a more versatile tool, I switched to the Rowenta So Curls, but had to returned it. Because it doesn't open and close for you to put your hair, you have to be much more careful, and my hair got stuck numerous times. I decided to go for the pro version (Babyliss Pro Perfect Curl / Miracurl), It's much more expensive (around 170 euros), but it will last years, and it seems to be the only one that meet my expectations, so I think it's worth the investment.

on 12/31/2014 11:28:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This curler is not meant for fine hair. I received it as a gift, and on the day I got it I tried it out. I was able to curl my whole head of long, baby-fine mostly straight hair. Unfortunately, the curls weren't all that nice, and the machine seemed to do more twisting than curling most of the time. They also didn't last very long and this machine did not save me any time, actually taking longer than if I were to use my curling wand. The second time I tried to use it, it ate my hair. It pulled a piece all the way in, kept turning and then stopped and wouldn't let go. I had to unplug it and yell for my husband to come help me. Even with his help it took a few minutes to get my hair out of it. I was sure I was going to lose a large chunk of hair... now it's just frazzled but luckily not burned right off. I will be returning this machine and sticking with my curling wand!

Long story short: if you have long, very fine hair like I do, I would avoid this thing like the plague!

on 12/29/2014 6:50:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It took me a few minutes to figure out how to use this amazing product. I'm so pleased with the results of my hair. It took me roughly 15 minutes to curl my thick head of hair, usually it takes me an hour! At first, my hair got tangled in it and let me tell you I was freaking out (I was using it incorrectly)!! Now I can finally curl my hair for school in no time! I definitely recommend this product to anyone and everyone!

on 10/12/2014 6:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Love this product! It's the lazy girl way to curl hair lolů I have fine, straight hair (but a lot of it) so it's usually a pain in the butt to curl my hair & it takes foreverů not with this! I sectioned my hair and did a few pieces in the front and it was done within 10 minutes. I don't have to worry as much about burning myself, either. Takes some getting used to, but overall great product!!

on 8/2/2014 10:18:00 PM

first of all, i don't write reviews very often but i had to jump on here and add my experience, I just finished using the curl secret tool for the first time and i have to say I was extremely skeptical about it at first.. like most people I'm sure,
I have wavy hair and have always wanted curls, but since I have lots of hair so curling it is always a hassle and the time I have to spend curling it means I basically never do it..

anyhow, I got the curl secret at walmart for 94$, pretty steep price in my opinion but I was thinking I could just return it if it didn't work out. Was super excited to try it and dried and prepped my hair even before going to walmart.

First impressions, its kind of heavy on the end, but i guess who doesn't like getting an arm workout out of the deal ? lol

I started a timer before doing the first curl and was amazed to see that it only took me 24 MINUTES to do my WHOLE head, thats amazing, it usually takes me like 1 hour ++
The first curl I tried did get stuck, which is what I was scared of, but after that I got used to holding it and putting the hair into the machine and I had no problems.
I was left with beautiful shiny curls, not ringlets which I was really happy about, and once I ran my fingers through the curls with product it looks amazing, Im hoping it holds up over night and looks good in the morning, cross my fingers,

I would totally recommend this to anyone who wants a quick easier way to get super curly hair, it takes a bit of getting used to, but in my opinion its totally worth it. Im really happy I gave this product a shot

on 7/20/2014 7:46:00 PM

I haven't always wanted curly hair. I went through a phase of craving pin-straight hair and mourning that my unruly, wavy hair would never be able to achieve that level of sleekness without the aid of heat and prayer.

But that changed when I started to embrace the waves. Then I was sad that my hair wasn't curly enough. I had the waves, sure, but I didn't have the defined curls that I was starting to dream of. I had my hair professionally curled for a special occasion and I loved it; I began to seriously consider getting my hair permed but just never seemed to take the steps to do it.

Then I saw a commercial for what looked like a gift from the curl gods. I was sceptical at first, obviously. Things on TV never seem to work properly in real life but my interest was certain piqued. The price was a little bit of a turn-off, as well because of my uncertainty to its functionality.

But when I went to youtube and watched the review of the Con Air Curl Secret, I could see that it seemed to work just as advertised. I was hopeful that maybe, just maybe, I could finally have the curly hair I dreamed of.

My birthday finally rolled around and lo and behold, I was gifted the magic wand of curling irons. Excited, I plugged it in right away, tried my best to thread the hair into the guide and ... I was met with four quick, angry beeps that let me know it was trying to eat my hair.

After reading the instructions and moving a bit more slowly, I let it suck my hair into it's magic curling tube and after ten seconds, I let go and out fell a perfect boing-boing curl!

So the next day I played with it more, and ending up curling my whole head of mid-back length hair in a half an hour. The time was because of my learning curve with the Curl Secret and a few snafu's in which I tried to thread too much hair into the chamber.

It's a little disconcerting when the Curl Secret actives and your hair is rolled into the curling chamber, but I found if I relaxed it didn't seem as bad. The curls seem to hold up well; I used no product in my hair to preserve them and even after sleeping on them, my hair was still curly when I woke up the next morning.

As a first experience with the Curl Secret, I couldn't be happier. The price is a little steep at a hundred dollars Canadian, but I feel that since the product delivers on its promises I can't complain that much.

I would definitely recommend to people although if your hair is very short, chin-length or shorter, it may be harder to get the very defined ringlets that are easier with longer hair. But that would honestly be my only caveat in terms of buying the Curl Secret.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

My hair is long (past my waist), dry, with a few layers. I usually curl my hair with a clipless wand but my mom bought me this item for my birthday so i wanted to test it out. With the clipless iron, i can do my entire hair in 8 minutes..no more than 10. But with the curl secret, i felt like i needed double the time. It kept beeping because of "too much hair" or "tangles", even though i comb it prior. It's a little on the heavy side & have dropped it once already. I feel since it's so clunky, i cant get this curler near my scalp so most of my curls are at the half of my hair. When done correctly, the curls do look beautiful and shiny.The curls lasted all night without hairspray and were still curly the next day. It's an expensive product and if my mom left me a gift receipt, i'd probably return it.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Um... no.

The only reason I'm comfortable giving a resounding "nuh-uh" on this is I tried it with my best friend who is smarter than I when it comes to "technology" and she has thick course hair. As opposed to my fine hair.

Once I (she) finally figured out how to use it, I was terrified as it sucked my hair up and even more terrified that it didn't curl it. It didn't curl hers either. Then I remembered the hundy I threw down for this thing and true horror set in. I returned it (unprecedented - I'm usually too lazy) and will put this behind me.

Just wanted to FYI my lovely MUAers- if you buy it, make sure it's easy to return.

on 4/13/2014 10:34:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I am so blown away by how easy this is!!!! I have been looking at it since it came out, and wanted to wait for it to A) go on sale, and B) have a lot of reviews. It finally went on sale for 85 on Macy's website, and I had a 20% coupon so I figured it wasn't going to get cheaper. The first time I did it, it only took me 15 minutes and it was so simple I couldn't believe it. I only did it for 8 seconds, and it is really curly. I have medium length hair that isn't straight or curly, just has a weird bunch of cowlicks in it. I have to either flat iron my hair or curl it, if I let it just dry it looks horrible. I highly recommend this product!!

Top Rated Conair Products