April 21, 2014 | 1856 users online

Hair Styling Tools - Conair - Infiniti Pro Curl Secret

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2014 10:34:00 PM More reviews by DeannaL72

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am so blown away by how easy this is!!!! I have been looking at it since it came out, and wanted to wait for it to A) go on sale, and B) have a lot of reviews. It finally went on sale for 85 on Macy's website, and I had a 20% coupon so I figured it wasn't going to get cheaper. The first time I did it, it only took me 15 minutes and it was so simple I couldn't believe it. I only did it for 8 seconds, and it is really curly. I have medium length hair that isn't straight or curly, just has a weird bunch of cowlicks in it. I have to either flat iron my hair or curl it, if I let it just dry it looks horrible. I highly recommend this product!!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/25/2013 8:48:00 PM More reviews by beachesatnormandy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This product lives up to what it says it is supposed to do: it curls your hair and maintains the curl for a long time. I have chest length, VERY fine and thin straight hair. Nothing will hold a curl in my hair. No matter how much hair spray, nothing has been able to curl my hair. The curl secret was able to though. However, because my hair is so thin and fine the machine had a little trouble recognizing it. It would make the twirly noise way after it had sucked all my hair up and had begun to curl. It's ability to curl was also a hit or miss. It either really curled or didn't curl at all. So I don't think this is much of a time saver as I had to go back and do pieces multiple times. It is also really difficult to get the right angle for the back of your head. It's something that has to be mastered.

Pros:

- Curls even the most difficult hair
- Holds the curl (mine lasted through sleep) for at least 24 hours without hair spray
- Easy for people new to hair styling
- Multiple settings for all different hair types/curl wishes

Cons:
- Will rip out your hair when it gathers the hair improperly
- The cord is kind of short, especially to reach the back of your head
- It does smell like burning plastic
- Expensive
- It will take some time for those of us with thin and fine hair
- It does only curl one way, which was annoying for the face framing hair

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2013 5:10:00 PM More reviews by CarolinaMidwife

You've seen this, it looks like a device sure to rip your hair right off your head. It's a curling device that sucks your hair in, wraps it around a heated barrel and then releases it. I watched as many videos as exist of this thing before I worked up the nerve to attach it to my head.

It is awesome. With some caveats...

I have long hair, down to the middle of my back. It's fine but there's a lot of it. And it's lumpy, not wavy: lumpy. I can't let it air dry, I either have to straighten it or curl it. I love to do beachy curls but it usually takes me about 35-40 minutes and I get real sweaty and my arms get tired. And then maybe they stay, maybe they don't. With the Curl Secret I curled my hair just this morning, it was only my 3rd time using this device, and it took 15 minutes. I'm pretty sure I can get it down to 10 minutes eventually.

There are different heat settings and different time settings and you just have to mess around and see what works for your hair. You section your (totally dry) hair as you would for curling it normally and then take a section of hair about 1" (confession, I use more) and place it in the clamp area. Close it up and it sucks your hair in and holds it for either 8, 10, or 12 seconds and (after a series of beeps) releases it. If it senses that your hair isn't totally combed out or if it gets tangled at all it will beep and release your hair. Only once I have been caught in the barrel and it wasn't too bad it get myself untangled. The Curl Secret is not super heavy and it's pretty hard to burn yourself.

Now, my one complaint is that it only curls in one direction and that is a bummer for the hair around my face that likes to get curled back. I found a work around for it but it can be confusing because you have to hold the device with a certain side always facing your head. However, you can manipulate the direction of the curl by holding the device upside down. As long as the opening is facing your head you're good... Like I said, this can get a little confusing to manipulate in the mirror but it works.

My other tip is to twist your hair before you clamp onto it. Once I realized I could twist the full length of my hair and it would still work I never had another tangle rejection issue again. And I can get about twice as much hair to curl at one time.

So, my advice is if you like your hair curled and you have fairly long hair this tool is a huge time saver. Buy it from somewhere like Ulta with a good return policy and just try it a few times.

14 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No