Sultra - Bombshell Curling Iron

4.7

on 3/1/2015 10:34:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I own several HE curling irons, but this is my first experience with Sultra brand and an Oval shaped barrel. I purchaed my Bombshell Oval on Sephora when it was on clearance to save a little money. The Oval barrel makes a curl with almost "bends or kinks" to help achieve a very "Ariel the Mermaid" waves. Barrel heats up very quickly, in about 30 seconds. No variable heat seatings on this iron, but has not fried my hair or caused any "smoke". Curls last about 8 hours for me, which is great for my curl resistant hair. I don't start my curl next to my scalp to avoid a weird bend in my hair. I start about 2 inches away from scalp and remember to wrap AWAY from face. I finger brush out the curls after about 10 minutes. Great iron to add to ones collection. I don't use the glove included because I'm very used to using a wand, but novices may want to use the glove to prevent burns.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I am in love with this curler. I am a hair dresser and have gone through so many curling irons. Nothing curls like this does. I have a hard time getitng curls to stay in my hair since it's so thick and heavy. This curling iron gets my curls soft touchable and gets them to last for days! My sister has boughten the same curler since i love it so much. My only tip is to be careful since this gets SO hot it will burn your fingers, i don't use the glove as i find its easier to burn my hands since i drop the iron alot.

on 7/15/2014 7:57:00 PM

I have had my Sultra Bombshell Curling Wand (one inch) for about 3 years and it has yet to let me down. I have convinced numerous friends to purchase the bombshell and they stand by the statement that it is one of the best curling wands out there.

It gives very soft full curls, so if you're looking tight or spiral curls, this is not the tool for you. It heats up quickly and comes with a heatproof glove. Although the glove is a nice little add on, I find it much easier to use the Bombshell with my bare hands and chance the odd burn. It takes a few tries to master the curling wand, but after playing around with it a couple times it's a quick and easy way to style your hair.

I purchased my bombshell from Sephora and it stopped working after about 3 months. It wouldn't heat up as hot as it once did. I contacted Sultra and they sent me a new wand within days. I expected to have to go through the warranty and ship my wand in but nope, they replaced it without question!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I love this curling wand. Everyone I have used it on has been amazed by it. I've had it for 2 years now, it still looks and works like the first day I got it. It's the best.

I have very hard to curl hair, and this has been a miracle worker. I absolutely love it, it's easy to use, it curls my hair quickly so I'm not holding my hair to a hot barrel forever, the curls stay all day, and I can create a variety of looks with one wand.

I would recommend it to anyone looking for a nice tool to invest in, it's definitely worth the price.

The only thing I wonder is if I could wash the heat protecting glove, because mine is a little grimy after 2 years of use.

on 1/6/2014 10:16:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

As a licensed stylist I used every iron out there! This is the game changer! I own the one inch and the one inch n half sizes. The bigger us better for sexy big Kim k waves. The one inch is perfect for prom styles. Mak sure you use the glove! I spray each section first with reshaper by Sebastian to protect and give a crunch less long hold curl. I purchased both from professional beauty supply but my assistant found hers at marshals for 70.!!! Crazy I know. Buy buy buy buy it will make you feel like a professional!!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

Wow...what can i say? i've used a lot of curling irons in my life - ranging from good ol' Conair to CHIs but this is the first time i am so impressed with a curling iron. this is a clampless ceramic-coated iron which heats up to 360* Celsius (this is the only heat setting it has). a large pink glove is also provided.

i had to spend a few minutes learning how to tilt the rod the right way. i like my curls to be loose/tousled/natural so i tilt the rod downwards and curl out/away from my face. there a bunch of youtube tutorials available for anyone who needs help!

the great thing about the iron is how long the curl lasts WITHOUT hairspray. i curl my hair before i go to bed and i wake up with loose curls which only needs a minor touch up with some sort of texturizing cream like Garnier Fructis Style Surf Hair cream (my fave). unlike the other irons i have (Conair, Babyliss) the resulting hairstyle lasts ALL DAY and i just saved myself 15 minutes in the morning.

on 9/5/2012 6:26:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this clipless curling iron. I have the 1 inch black that I recieved for my birthday last year. It creates smooth curls or waves depending on how you hold it [horizontally or vertically]. You're able to create those loose beachy waves also by combing through your hair after you curl. Heats up very quick and hasn't caused a lot of damage to my hair. But let's be real..We all know any kind of heat to hair is going to damage it. But I love that this is clipless because I don't do well with clip curling irons..My hair always gets tangled or caught in the clip. The only dislikes I have about this is that it's expensive [bought mine from Sephora] & that there is no heat settings. There is only an on/off button. So i'm not sure how others would feel about this not having settings. However, I have fine medium length hair that is colored with highlights and my hair doesn't feel fried after using it. This also came with a pink fabric glove to use so you don't burn yourself but I don't always use it if I'm in a hurry. It also comes with a little fabric so you're able to put your iron down on that so you don't burn the table you're putting it on. I also wrap my curling iron in it when I'm not using it. Also comes with a warranty so make sure once you get it to sign up online. Hasn't caused me any problems since I had it. They also have a pink one around breast cancer awareness month that I wish I had got instead but I love mine regardless. If you're looking for a good quality clipless curling iron and you're willing to drop down some $$ then give this a try.

on 8/14/2012 12:41:00 AM

I bought this in Sephora after the sales girl did a demo on me, and it looked great. The problem with this iron is that I've zero experience with any kind of clampless wand and I have no patience to play around with it, switch the glove from one hand to the other every time I switch sides to curl my hair. I ended up burning 3 fingers and that one experience turned me off from this curler.
While the waves/curls are great, you can get the same result from a $30 drug store curling iron.
Maybe some people had the experience where their curls stayed put for the next couple of days - I had the same thing, only after I put hair spray all over my hair - but without product, the my waves fell apart (the sales girl told me you don't need to put any product in your hair, the curls should still stay). So again, this brings me back to my point of a $30 curling iron.
Honestly, based on the hype surrounding this product, I bought it, but I guess my expectations were too high because it just didn't do it for me.

on 7/12/2012 4:19:00 PM

This iron curls super fast and lasts a whole night. Even though it doesn't have a clip, it is easy to use. I was intimidated at first, but the glove makes it manageable to use without any burns! I want to make the dive and get the straightener/ curler combo, but I need to save up for that!

on 6/20/2012 12:09:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This product is AMAZING. I am not a patient person but I can curl my long length, medium in thickness hair in 10 minutes! Not only is this curling iron time efficient, but the results are salon quality (or better). I curl my friends' hair all the time and they loveee it!.

time efficient + easy + salon results = amazing :)

The only thing I have to say, is the pricing is expensive. However, I think it's well worth it for all the use I've gotten out of it, all the time I've saved, and all the compliments I've received. Not to mention, the money I have saved from not having to go to the salon alone.