November 28, 2014 | 1288 users online

Hair Styling Tools - Sultra - Bombshell Curling Iron

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2014 12:45:00 PM More reviews by MeghanElissa11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I am in love with this curler. I am a hair dresser and have gone through so many curling irons. Nothing curls like this does. I have a hard time getitng curls to stay in my hair since it's so thick and heavy. This curling iron gets my curls soft touchable and gets them to last for days! My sister has boughten the same curler since i love it so much. My only tip is to be careful since this gets SO hot it will burn your fingers, i don't use the glove as i find its easier to burn my hands since i drop the iron alot.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2014 7:57:00 PM More reviews by chloemorris

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have had my Sultra Bombshell Curling Wand (one inch) for about 3 years and it has yet to let me down. I have convinced numerous friends to purchase the bombshell and they stand by the statement that it is one of the best curling wands out there.

It gives very soft full curls, so if you're looking tight or spiral curls, this is not the tool for you. It heats up quickly and comes with a heatproof glove. Although the glove is a nice little add on, I find it much easier to use the Bombshell with my bare hands and chance the odd burn. It takes a few tries to master the curling wand, but after playing around with it a couple times it's a quick and easy way to style your hair.

I purchased my bombshell from Sephora and it stopped working after about 3 months. It wouldn't heat up as hot as it once did. I contacted Sultra and they sent me a new wand within days. I expected to have to go through the warranty and ship my wand in but nope, they replaced it without question!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2014 12:42:00 PM More reviews by Sandylynwalker

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this curling wand. Everyone I have used it on has been amazed by it. I've had it for 2 years now, it still looks and works like the first day I got it. It's the best.

I have very hard to curl hair, and this has been a miracle worker. I absolutely love it, it's easy to use, it curls my hair quickly so I'm not holding my hair to a hot barrel forever, the curls stay all day, and I can create a variety of looks with one wand.

I would recommend it to anyone looking for a nice tool to invest in, it's definitely worth the price.

The only thing I wonder is if I could wash the heat protecting glove, because mine is a little grimy after 2 years of use.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2014 10:16:00 AM More reviews by Lexieloveee

As a licensed stylist I used every iron out there! This is the game changer! I own the one inch and the one inch n half sizes. The bigger us better for sexy big Kim k waves. The one inch is perfect for prom styles. Mak sure you use the glove! I spray each section first with reshaper by Sebastian to protect and give a crunch less long hold curl. I purchased both from professional beauty supply but my assistant found hers at marshals for 70.!!! Crazy I know. Buy buy buy buy it will make you feel like a professional!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2012 10:26:00 AM More reviews by dose_of_sugarnluv

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

Wow...what can i say? i've used a lot of curling irons in my life - ranging from good ol' Conair to CHIs but this is the first time i am so impressed with a curling iron. this is a clampless ceramic-coated iron which heats up to 360* Celsius (this is the only heat setting it has). a large pink glove is also provided.

i had to spend a few minutes learning how to tilt the rod the right way. i like my curls to be loose/tousled/natural so i tilt the rod downwards and curl out/away from my face. there a bunch of youtube tutorials available for anyone who needs help!

the great thing about the iron is how long the curl lasts WITHOUT hairspray. i curl my hair before i go to bed and i wake up with loose curls which only needs a minor touch up with some sort of texturizing cream like Garnier Fructis Style Surf Hair cream (my fave). unlike the other irons i have (Conair, Babyliss) the resulting hairstyle lasts ALL DAY and i just saved myself 15 minutes in the morning.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2012 6:26:00 PM More reviews by misslu990

I love this clipless curling iron. I have the 1 inch black that I recieved for my birthday last year. It creates smooth curls or waves depending on how you hold it [horizontally or vertically]. You're able to create those loose beachy waves also by combing through your hair after you curl. Heats up very quick and hasn't caused a lot of damage to my hair. But let's be real..We all know any kind of heat to hair is going to damage it. But I love that this is clipless because I don't do well with clip curling irons..My hair always gets tangled or caught in the clip. The only dislikes I have about this is that it's expensive [bought mine from Sephora] & that there is no heat settings. There is only an on/off button. So i'm not sure how others would feel about this not having settings. However, I have fine medium length hair that is colored with highlights and my hair doesn't feel fried after using it. This also came with a pink fabric glove to use so you don't burn yourself but I don't always use it if I'm in a hurry. It also comes with a little fabric so you're able to put your iron down on that so you don't burn the table you're putting it on. I also wrap my curling iron in it when I'm not using it. Also comes with a warranty so make sure once you get it to sign up online. Hasn't caused me any problems since I had it. They also have a pink one around breast cancer awareness month that I wish I had got instead but I love mine regardless. If you're looking for a good quality clipless curling iron and you're willing to drop down some $$ then give this a try.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/14/2012 12:41:00 AM More reviews by b3eautylove

I bought this in Sephora after the sales girl did a demo on me, and it looked great. The problem with this iron is that I've zero experience with any kind of clampless wand and I have no patience to play around with it, switch the glove from one hand to the other every time I switch sides to curl my hair. I ended up burning 3 fingers and that one experience turned me off from this curler.
While the waves/curls are great, you can get the same result from a $30 drug store curling iron.
Maybe some people had the experience where their curls stayed put for the next couple of days - I had the same thing, only after I put hair spray all over my hair - but without product, the my waves fell apart (the sales girl told me you don't need to put any product in your hair, the curls should still stay). So again, this brings me back to my point of a $30 curling iron.
Honestly, based on the hype surrounding this product, I bought it, but I guess my expectations were too high because it just didn't do it for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2012 4:19:00 PM More reviews by thexubox

This iron curls super fast and lasts a whole night. Even though it doesn't have a clip, it is easy to use. I was intimidated at first, but the glove makes it manageable to use without any burns! I want to make the dive and get the straightener/ curler combo, but I need to save up for that!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2012 12:09:00 PM More reviews by betyboop

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product is AMAZING. I am not a patient person but I can curl my long length, medium in thickness hair in 10 minutes! Not only is this curling iron time efficient, but the results are salon quality (or better). I curl my friends' hair all the time and they loveee it!.

time efficient + easy + salon results = amazing :)

The only thing I have to say, is the pricing is expensive. However, I think it's well worth it for all the use I've gotten out of it, all the time I've saved, and all the compliments I've received. Not to mention, the money I have saved from not having to go to the salon alone.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2012 12:48:00 AM More reviews by bronzexgoddess

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

Best $130 I have ever spent. This curling iron has given me the hair I previously looked at in magazines and wished I could have. The best part? No "burned hair" stench! I almost returned it at first because I wanted a bigger barrel, but I've since figured out how to achieve big, awesome waves. My hair is thick and bra strap length, with long layers. I blow dry with a round brush, then quickly run a flat iron over it. Then I part my hair as I normally do and make a ponytail just behind my ear on each side (like low pigtails). Then I just take big pieces and curl away from my face. After this I pull out the ponytails, flip my head over, lightly spray my hair with hairspray, and bam....BOMBSHELL hair. The whole curling portion of the process, which used to take like 45 minutes, takes about 10 if that. The curls last (before they would fall in about an hour) and they're just as bouncy two days later. This iron is no joke.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No