NuMe Professional Styling Tools Curling Wand

4.6

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

So I had a coupon that would save me +$100 for the 25 mm Curling Wand. I thought, why not and purchased it in hot pink. The total was about $32.00 after shipping and came about 4 business days afterwards. **TIP!: Make sure you create an account on Nu Me's website before placing your order or you won't be able to track your order!

I have never used a non-clamp wand before and after watching tutorials on YouTube I was really excited to try it out. One thing I instantly loved after unboxing was the length of the cord. It can easily reach across my coffee table from the outlet to my couch with lots of slack to spare. I also like that it comes with a safety glove. For someone who has never used this type of wand I found it very useful. I did however found it somewhat difficult to grasp the section of hair I wanted to style with the glove on. My tip would be to prep each and every section beforehand so it's easier to grab if you're using the glove. This will also help reduce the need to put the wand down because the wand does not have a little stand to keep it from burning your table. You kinda have to carefully balance it, keeping any slack from the cord leveled with the iron. And for that reason it's not a perfect score. Other than that I love everything about this wand! My hair does not hold curls very well but with this iron they hold for over an hour without hairspray. It also heats up very quickly and only requires a few seconds to get a nice curl. Also a huge plus that I can easily and quickly create loose, tight, wavy, or straighted looks. It doesn't create that awkward choppy clamped look at the ends either.

So to sum up. I LOVE this wand! I'd for sure pick it over my cheaper Conair wands. Just be careful not to burn your table ^^;

on 5/19/2015 9:20:00 PM

After seeing so many great reviews for this product, I decided to purchase it! I have very thick hair and I love the "effortless beach wave" look. I have to say that I was disappointed, however! The curls will stay in my hair for less than 15 minutes before falling out! Did I receive a defective wand, or is it just my hair? My Conair wand will keep curls in my hair without hairspray longer than this will with a ton of hairspray! I was very disappointed because the curls it creates are so pretty! Am I the only one?

on 12/13/2014 9:37:00 PM

I have 3 NuMe Magic Wands in 19, 25 and 32mm sizes. I love these curling wands! I bought them all on promotions so the price was right for me, but I've seen less pricey wands but I can't speak for how well those others work. They are the best hot curling tools I've used, although I do really like a curling iron from Jilbere I own--it has its purposes, but before I purchased the curling wands, I was using the iron like a wand by wrapping my hair around the outer part instead of using the clip/clamp. They are very lightweight and easy to handle, comes in several beautiful colors, heat up quickly and curls my hair quickly and efficiently--hair stays soft and shiny and they hold without hairspray for at least the whole day. It has a digital display for the wand temperature which I like, which means you can pick the appropriate temperature for your hair type. A heat-resistant glove was provided with each--each wand comes in a sturdy cardboard tube shaped container. Previous curling irons I've had, I would take about 90 minutes to curl my hair but they would fall before I've finished--I can style my long, thick straight hair with the NuMe wands in 15-25 minutes depending on the style I'm going for. I feel the most versatile size for my hair length and type is the 25mm for most curly and wavy looks--you can create different looks by adjusting the temperature, the amount of time you hold your hair to the wand, and the thickness of strand of hair per curl. If I want tight, Taylor Swift ringlets, 19mm. 32mm is best for loose, beachy waves. The only things I don't like about them, is that you might push the power button while you're handling it during styling, and the fact that you need to put it on a heat-proof surface or the hot wand will ruin the surface--which may be a problem only with the 32mm size because it doesn't have a stand like typical curling irons.

I love this wand! It holds my curls really well (even overnight) even if i blow-dry my hair straight. I have pretty healthy, unfried hair and i don't have a problem with them staying. And i love the fun turquoise color i was able to get it in! Also, a major perk is that even though the wand i got (the 32mm magic curler) retailed for around $169 on their website, i was able to get it for $38 + s&h. They always have coupon codes out there, especially on retailmenot.com. It took about a week after purchase for it to get to me, but it was well worth the wait. I would definitely recommend this wand to any of my other wands to anyone looking!

on 9/6/2014 5:51:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I bought the Nume Curling wand 19mm (the regular wand) for $59 using a discount code when it was orginally $169.99! It was a great deal. It go here faster than i expected and the packaging was great. This was the first time i had curled my hair and i was in love! It was so easy and the curls were amazing!!

on 8/11/2014 7:25:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I purchased the Nume Wand a while back and I use it on myself and on myfriends. On thing I noticed is if you have a hard time getting curls to stay then this is the wand for you! When I use it on myself the curls/waves last alll night long. I have no complaints. If you are going for a beach waive look this is a great wand for you! If your wondering how to use it or the type of curls it gives below is a video!

on 7/18/2014 2:36:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

In total love with these wands!! I have the 3 in 1 set in both tourmaline and titanium. I love both equally. The titanium is amazing on thick, hard to curl hair. Tourmaline is great for normal weight or color treated hair. I can literally go almost 4 days without having to redo my curls. I just let them fall into different styles. When I used to curl hair with a regular iron the curls fall flat and tuck under, which really annoys me. With these wands, the curls automatically fall into soft waves. Try any of the codes below, I believe they all work right now.

SOLIDCARE- $17 for the new White Truffle Shampoo and Conditioner
CREEPYHAIR- Magic Wand for $39, PLUS Argan Oil, PLUS Free Shipping
MSSILHOUETTE- Silhouette Tourmaline Ceramic flat iron $59 **NewCode**
NUMEFALL50- 60% off entire site **NewCode**
MAGICDUO- 25MM Magic Wand + Free Petite Iron $44 **NewCode**
INSTA39- $Any Magic Wand for $39 **NewCode**
YOURSIGDRYER- $69 Signature Dryer **New Code**
SUNSETS- $80 any set (I think this is only today)
99CURLS- $99 any set
LUST61- 61% off Lustrum set
NUMESUMMER50- 50% Off Plus Free Shipping on any Styling Tools, Hair Care Products and Accessories
VIPSTYLE55- 55% off
71CLASSIC- 71% off classic single wand
MAGIC59- $59 any MAgic Single Wand
Classicurls - $69 for Classic Wand + Free Shipping
Sigdryer89 - $89 for Signature Dryer + Free Shipping

on 7/3/2014 6:07:00 PM

I originally was going to order the Lustrum set until I found a coupon to get the Octowand for only $99. I went with the Octowand not because it has 8 wands versus 5 on the Lustrum but because it has a digital temperature screen and allows you to change the heat settings and after reading reviews I found out that the Lustrum does not. So far I've used the 32mm, 25mm, 19 reverse and the pearl. I like them all so far but I do find that the 32 curls/waves do not stay on my hair long. I also notice that even with heat protectant this drys my hair out but I suppose all curling wands do that. I think this is a great tool, 8 different wands for pretty much every curl possible and for $200 off I can't go wrong! HOWEVER when buying from this site and using a coupon code make sure you check your credit card to see that they didn't overcharge you because they did to me! My final purchase price was $140 yet when I checked my credit card Nume had actually charged my card $250! After sending a very unhappy email, they refunded my Account though .
Shipping was incredibly fast too.
If you're wanting to know the coupon code I used to receive $200 off it was "GLAMTIME" I also received a free argon oil and a free round brush.

on 5/22/2014 11:28:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I can't believe how good this thing is. Mind you, I am comparing to my previous curler which was a 15 year old Conair. I always thought there was some problem with my hair holding curls, it would fall flat in 5-10 minutes. If I soaked it in hairspray before curling, it would hold a little bit of curl. Hot rollers have done a bit of a better job. But I got this thing at Winners for $35, I had just seen a review on Youtube so decided to give it a try. I tested it out before bed one evening and WOW!! I tried with no product, held my hair around the curler for only 10 seconds (compared to the full 60 seconds I would normally with my Conair) and I could tell when I released the hair this curl meant business. So shiny, so firm-feeling! I did my whole head in probably 15 minutes which is amazing for me. Previously I would have NEVER dreamed of brushing or even finger-combing my hair after any kind of curling, but I tousled and finger-combed to my heart's content and the curls just looked incredible. The only negative I would say is there is no indicator light to show when the curler's ready - the box claims it "heats up in seconds" - hello, how many?! I would say it's fully hot at about 60 seconds.

on 9/12/2013 7:50:00 AM

This is an amazing amazing product! I bought the 3 in 1 Titan. I have very long hair so i mainly use the 32 mm wand. The wand is made of titanium so it gets super hot quickly and holds a curl very well. These are curls that people stop me and tell me to say that I have beautiful hair! I highly recommend for anyone that has trouble keeping curls in their hair. Also if you go to retailmenot.com you can find incredible discounts so that the wand is much more affordable. It's definitely the golden wand!

Video Reviews & Tutorials