OPI Nail Envy - Original

4.1

Ethyl Acetate, Butyl Acetate, Nitrocellulose, Propyl Acetate, Tosylamide Formaldehyde Resin, Isopropyl Alcohol, Triphenyl Phosphate, Trimethyl Pentanyl Diisobutyrate, Butyl Alcohol, Formaldehyde, Stearalkonium Bentonite, Camphor, Diacetone Alcohol, Ethyl Tosylamide, Benzophenone 1, Citric Acid, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Dimethicone, Calcium Pantothenate (Vitamin B5), Violet 2 (CI 60725), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)

My nails always grew fast but the only problem was keeping them long. They would always tear off from the sides or simply break. Also they were very thin and brittle.
I have been using this nail strengthner for almost a month now. I would take it off and re-apply every 5 days and apply nail polish over. Since I have been using this my nails have been amazing. I have had some incidents where in the past they would have broken but this time they didn't. For example when putting on jeans my thumbnail would bend sometimes causing it to break. (My nails are very long!)
The only downside is the price. Here in europe it's 20 euros, which is a lot. But the results are worth it and I wouldn't think twice repurchasing another bottle when it's finished.
I must say that I have also started using cuticle oil and hand cream more often. My nails are the healthiest they have ever been.

on 1/26/2015 9:35:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I should have bought this strengthener much sooner. I have always had short, thin nails (thank you genetics) and I have experimented with all kinds of polish strengtheners, ointments, and vitamins to improve my nail strength. My nails are brittle, practically translucent and peel if I constantly wear nail polish. I bought Nail Envy because I was curious and a little desperate. I was hesitant because of the high price of 17.99 at Ulta. But i found out after just a week of application that this polish is sooo sooo worth it. After 2 weeks of applications my nails wouldn't bend and they were finally growing. I cant see through the free edge of my nail anymore. I would definitely recommend this product.

I got this because the medication I was on was making my nails a soft, peeling, hot mess. As it turns out, nothing short of actually going off the meds will fix that. So. No fault of this product. However, I kept using it as a base coat. I've used it as a base coat for every manicure for over 6 months (probably more!) and have only used just over half the bottle. And it hasn't gotten all thick and goopy! But onto how it works. Obviously it works well - I'm still using it! I've found that I have to cut my nails down because they get too long and I can't type on the computer without them getting in the way. My nails are super strong, and they grow super long now. I love this stuff!

on 1/4/2015 12:43:00 PM

I am quite lazy, so I didn't do as the instructions, so I only painted my nails maybe two-three times/week. And they still grew faster than usual. I think that everyone who has nails should try this product. There is noting out on the market to compare with this product. It works wonders! Three weeks ago I had short bitten nails but now I have beautiful stiletto nails and my nails won't stop growing. It gives a nice healthy shine, makes your nails grow fast as nothing else and the best thing is that you don't have to do anything else than paint your nails in order for them to grow faster.

on 12/20/2014 5:26:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Miracle in a bottle!! I have been using this every day for approx a week on my hands (just started today on my toes; i hadn't thought of using it on my toes until I read the reviews here, tyvm MUA!!), & anyways I have been putting on 2 coats a day because this is a severe case tbh I have (well HAD) the weakest nails, splitting down the middle was a huge problem for me, but I already noticed a major change! My nails didn't turn yellow as I feared, in fact they are a gorgeous pinky GLOSSY shade & I even noticed a little bit of growth which I don't think is my imagination coz my nails were painfully short & now I see a little rim of white on the tips! This was USD$16.95 w tax & worth every penny! Soooo glad I didn't buy anything instead. I've tried Sally Hansen Hard As Nails but i hasn't made a big commitment into using it like this, but these results are nothing short of miraculous for such a short time. The cracks haven't gotten longer/deeper which is gr8 coz those cracks are painful. I am not going to wear any nailpolish for awhile (which is hard for me to commit to!), but I am going to keep coating them w Nail Envy then remove it all off if and when it starts to look gross or chip & start all over again! I love the color this gives my nails coz they look so healthy. And glossy just really shiny & they are getting harder I can tell already, now if only I could get my cuticles in order.... My nails never looked this good unless I got a mani. I can't wait to see results on my feet. I wish I had discovered this sooner & not had to suffer through these yucky nails, it embarrassed me to have such ragged nails but now they are improving greatly. I can't stop marveling at what a vast improvement in just one week!! And like I said I've never seen my nails turn this healthy shade of gorgeous pink. Nothing short of amazing. Wow!!

on 11/30/2014 8:51:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

First of all, I have to state that I only review products on here that I finish. When I finish a product, I come here and do a review. That way, I remember every product I use and I do not buy products that I hated. This is my second nail polish that I finish (I have over 500+ nail polish but I never wear the same so I never finish a bottle).

It's a really good nail strenghtener, My nails were weak and tiny without using this, and now they are so much better. I found this for like 6.99$ at Winners and I'm glad I bought it. It's a really good product and I recommend it to everyone :-)

I've now moved on to Duri Rejuvacote which is slightly better than OPI Nail Envy, but only by a bit :-)

on 10/20/2014 9:34:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

HG nail strengthener! I have thin, peeling nails that used to look ghastly all the time due to a nail biting habit (disgusting). I tried a variety of nail strengtheners from Sally Hansen, Orly, and Essie, but none of them did anything to keep my nails from peeling. This product makes my nails significantly harder and stronger, and as a result I can grow them out past the tips which was never possible before. One of the key ingredients that distinguishes Nail Envy is formaldehyde - yes, the same ingredient morticians use, so it definitely works. This was key in helping me break my nail biting habit because formaldehyde is highly toxic when ingested.

Obviously, this is NOT a suitable product for those who prioritize using natural and organic products. But it delivers major results, which is worth it for me, and helped me break one of my worst habits when I had been trying to quit for years.

Nail Envy is decent as a base coat, although that is not the main use of this product and I get longer wear out of other OPI and Essie base coats. But I'll always have a bottle of this on hand to keep my nails shiny and durable.

This is the absolute best nail growth product I've ever tried, and I've tried a lot. My nails are stronger and longer than they have ever been. I would highly recommend this to anyone who has problems growing their nails.

on 9/11/2014 10:19:00 AM

Luv this! Had gel overlays for approximately 6 years, and my nails were a mess. I used this as directed and within a month had short nails, and within 2 months experienced some short growth! would definitely recommend. I know several reviews have said you have to keep using it to see results, and I can't say otherwise, I would definitely recommend continued use. I have purchased more expensive products and not seen near the results I have with Nail Envy.

on 9/6/2014 7:30:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I've been using this for a while now and I don't notice any improvement in the condition of my nails and it also doesn't do much to strengthen them while I'm wearing it so I wouldn't rebuy. That being said, I didn't know that there was a Nail Envy for thin nails and mine are really thin and soft so maybe I should try that one but even as a regular nail strengthener this just was so disappointing that I doubt I'll spend the same money on the other version. In my experience, Sally Hansen's Diamond Strength is way better for making my nails really strong and hardening them in case that's what you're looking for. Also, as a base coat, this is AWFUL on me. I've never had chipping in a matter of hours but yesterday evening I put on 2 thin coats of this and then two coats of OPI French Quarter for Your Thoughts and less than 18 hours later I've got chipped nails. I've worn this nail polish with other base coats and that never happened so, for me personally, this is neither a good base coat nor a good strengthener.

Popular Treatments