February 1, 2015 | 1668 users online

Loose Powders - MAC - Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2015 9:58:00 AM More reviews by 1m083n

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Apart from the occasion where i'm throwing a tantrum, this is my favourite finishing powder. I have tried them all, every powder in the world you can name. I like my skin to look like my skin, i tend to put this over some concealer and that will be it for my base and it makes me look flawless and MATTE. Use too much and you will have a slight white cast, but as soon as the wind blows and an hour passes, it just looks like you woke up like this.

Over any foundation, it keeps it matte, much better than Vichy or anything else talc-based which always irritates my skin and makes my face red for some reason. Even in the rain this baby holds and so you don't get an embarrassing white streaked face (if you just use plain arrowroot or cornflour, this happens).

I have really sensitive, acne prone, oily/combination skin, and this doesn't irritate (no redness or spots) and keeps me shine free pretty much all day. It's expensive, but there's a ton always being sold on ebay for less, so if you're feeling uncomfortable for forking out for something you are unfamiliar with, just get one on there and you can always pass it on!

As for the packaging, can people get over it, powder does get everywhere no matter what. I've never had a packaging for a powder that has somehow magically contained all the powder within the base. Even with the posh twisty things in some of Bourjois, Smashbox etc.

Lastly, this is very different from the pressed version for some reason. The pressed irritated me and didn't mattify as well or for as long at all... so if you're going for one or the other, i would choose this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2015 11:04:00 PM More reviews by Aritzia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

After using so many setting powders (mufe hd, urban decay, tarte, too faced) and not being impressed by any.. I went to mac for a cheaper alternative and found this. Honestly didn't expect much from it but wow, this keeps me matte for hours on end. I have the oiliest skin (as in I do my makeup at 7 am and already have to blot and re powder by 9 am), not with this. Definitely will be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2014 5:53:00 PM More reviews by persouki

This powder is pure perfection. I have been using MAC's Studio Fix powder on top of my foundation for a few years and tired of the orangey appearance that powder gave me I decided to try a transparent one. Prep&Prime powder was exactly what I was looking for.No powdery look,easy to blend,sets make up to last all day and gives the face a beautiful glow. One of the few MAC products that are worth the hype.I have been using it everyday for the last six months and it hasn't broken me out. I am very pleased with it, it's definitely worth its money and I would definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2014 3:24:00 PM More reviews by Holly40

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I purchased that at a CCO and have been in love ever since. I use this to set my concealer and my foundation. It's a smooth finish that keeps my make-up in place all day. Yes, I would pay full price for this.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/12/2014 9:53:00 AM More reviews by amitayumi

i have this as substitute of my hd powder from makeup forever ...this powder works perfectly on camera flash without whiteness like makeup forever hd powder does :)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2014 12:34:00 PM More reviews by anniecrow

I just bought this powder recently to try and battle oiliness throughout the day, and so far it totally does the trick! I hate touching up after I leave the house in the morning and this keeps me shine-free and my foundation in place all day. My only qualm is it is a bit messy, difficult to get the right amount out of the bottom reservoir without it exploding on my vanity.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2014 12:47:00 PM More reviews by Gislumy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It works wonders for my oily skin and used moderately (and blended properly) does not give a white/dead finish even though I am dark-skinned - NC 55

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2014 7:21:00 AM More reviews by LarissaQ

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Loooooove this powder!!!!!
It makes my makeup last much longer, my skin looks beautiful with it!
I have an oily T-zone, so during the day i start to "shine". When using this it doesn't happend with me and my makeup stays perfect!
It looks white, but when you set on your skin it disappears completly, very safe to use!
I don't get that "white mask" visual on my makeup, even when retouching.
My skin feels very soft with it too, the imperfections turn into less visible ones, or no visible at all.
This is something that i can't be without when i want that perfect makeup.
I don't use it everyday, but there wouldn't be a problem if i did.
I like to use this under my eyes too, so the concealer last longer and doesn't get into the fine lines.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/25/2014 5:11:00 PM More reviews by lolo100

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product is the same as using corn flour on a powder puff. The texture is horrible, it leaves white streaks everywhere, it is un-absorbing and dehydrating on the skin.
Unless your foundation is very wet when applied, I do not see how this product can properly work.

The packaging was not good either, even though I pierced through the plastic for the number of holes I wanted, too much always spilt out.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2014 5:10:00 PM More reviews by cathykl

I love these translucent finishing powders. They are great to use all year round and you can save money and time because you don't need to find a separate powder for each season to match skin tone as it changes - this works for me whether I'm paler or more tan (not that it actually stops me from buying more make-up because I'm a product junkie, but in theory it could. . .). I apply this with a large, fluffy powder brush - usually my MUFE Lg Powder brush - which gives me a thin even layer, then blend it out. It looks white for a few seconds then becomes colourless. I also pat this under my eyes, with a concealer setting brush because the powder is non-drying yet sets concealer perfectly

I like that it doesn't completely mattifify skin, so your skin still looks like real, natural skin - but seems to keep my face shine-free (I have an oily t-zone) all day, minimizes the appearance of pores, and also helps my make-up last for hours longer than it would without. I always check my skin in natural light after doing my make-up, as I hate seeing any demarcation/powdery look, and prefer a natural looking skin and this looks amazing! It blurs any flaws and does not look dry/cakey or powder-like at all! It seems to just melt into skin and looks like absolutely nothing is on your face. It also makes your skin feel sooo soft. It doesn't ever cake when you touch up and doesn't look heavy.

I always keep a back-up, even though one jar lasts me 6-8 months if not more. The only thing I don't like is the messy container but I I transfer a small amount to a travel-friendly brush that holds powder in an attached jar at the bottom so I can touch-up if needed. I also use the MUFE HD powder, which I like a tiny bit better because it seems more finely-milled and silkier than the MAC. The ELF HD powder version is great as well. I alternate a few brands and the differences between them are very minimal.