April 19, 2014 | 1714 users online

Loose Powders - MAC - Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder

rated 2 of 5 on 2/25/2014 5:11:00 PM More reviews by lolo100

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This product is the same as using corn flour on a powder puff. The texture is horrible, it leaves white streaks everywhere, it is un-absorbing and dehydrating on the skin.
Unless your foundation is very wet when applied, I do not see how this product can properly work.

The packaging was not good either, even though I pierced through the plastic for the number of holes I wanted, too much always spilt out.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2014 5:10:00 PM More reviews by cathykl

I love these translucent finishing powders. They are great to use all year round and you can save money and time because you don't need to find a separate powder for each season to match skin tone as it changes - this works for me whether I'm paler or more tan (not that it actually stops me from buying more make-up because I'm a product junkie, but in theory it could. . .). I apply this with a large, fluffy powder brush - usually my MUFE Lg Powder brush - which gives me a thin even layer, then blend it out. It looks white for a few seconds then becomes colourless. I also pat this under my eyes, with a concealer setting brush because the powder is non-drying yet sets concealer perfectly

I like that it doesn't completely mattifify skin, so your skin still looks like real, natural skin - but seems to keep my face shine-free (I have an oily t-zone) all day, minimizes the appearance of pores, and also helps my make-up last for hours longer than it would without. I always check my skin in natural light after doing my make-up, as I hate seeing any demarcation/powdery look, and prefer a natural looking skin and this looks amazing! It blurs any flaws and does not look dry/cakey or powder-like at all! It seems to just melt into skin and looks like absolutely nothing is on your face. It also makes your skin feel sooo soft. It doesn't ever cake when you touch up and doesn't look heavy.

I always keep a back-up, even though one jar lasts me 6-8 months if not more. The only thing I don't like is the messy container but I I transfer a small amount to a travel-friendly brush that holds powder in an attached jar at the bottom so I can touch-up if needed. I also use the MUFE HD powder, which I like a tiny bit better because it seems more finely-milled and silkier than the MAC. The ELF HD powder version is great as well. I alternate a few brands and the differences between them are very minimal.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/26/2014 12:27:00 PM More reviews by YoHarajuku

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Not a fan! Messy to use, not a pretty scent, looks whitish on skin and likes to fly up my nose lol. I did disguise my pores well but my skin looks dry and aged and I'm sure my skin has dried out over the last few days from use.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2014 5:30:00 PM More reviews by africa11

Keeps my oily skin matte, and my make up fresh throughout the day! Cant stand the packaging, as a lot of product gets wasted! I have purchased this many times and it is the HG of finishing powders!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2014 11:50:00 AM More reviews by cocoacloud

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

This has got to be my most re-purchased make up staple ever. I've gone through about 5 tubs of this. No matter how far I stray, I always come back to it because it does what its supposed to do perfectly. I usually use this powder to lock in my foundation and it never leaves a white cast - it blurs imperfections and allows my makeup to come through without mattifying it too much. I also like to pat this under the eye to prevent my eyeliner from budging. I use this on no makeup days when all I want to do is make my sunscreen look less shiny on my face. It's such a wonderful, versatile and effective product. Oh and it doesn't break you out either! You also get to use every single bit of this powder because the powder sift thingy can come apart, allowing you to really get to the bottom of the container. I would definitely repurchase, even though its a bit on the pricey side - reliable basics are just so hard to come by!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2014 4:01:00 PM More reviews by StefanieBeauty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have the pressed version of this powder and it's just gorgeous! I'm quite lucky to have clear skin so I hate to mask it with heavy coverage products so I recently converted from Mac Studio Fix powder to this, LOVE. I weat this with Mac Prep + Prime bb cream... hello dewy, glowing skin. This powder manages to keep an oily t-zone at bay, but still allows a beautiful dewy glow. I think this is great quality for the price, for a mid to high end makeup brand. I read reviews saying it makes you look pale despite being translucent so I'm going to look out for that, I don't notice my NC35 skin tone looking pale at all. I will admit I'm going to buy Chanel Poudre Universal and compare the two, so I'll keep you posted....

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2014 11:10:00 PM More reviews by hpgryffn23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love love LOVE this product. I use it as a finishing touch after my foundation. It never leaves a white mask or anything of that sort. I usually put it on in the morning (10am) and leave it on throughout my day (till maybe 6-7pm). It soaks up oil pretty well and keeps my face nice and matte. Some cons are I lose some of the product because of the holes but I guess just keep some of the holes covered with the tape it comes in (i.e. don't rip the whole thing off). Really love the product however it's pretty expensive and can be pricey to keep repurchasing. I've purchased NYX's HD finishing powder and hope that'll be a good substitute for this.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2013 12:14:00 AM More reviews by Heatherxlane

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product is AMAZING. I have always used a medium coverage foundation and recently I switched to Tarte's BB cream for a more light coverage. I was wanting a finishing powder to go over my BB cream and ended up buying this after all the wonderful reviews. This is literally the best powder I have ever used. It doesn't look cakey, it keeps oil at bay, and helps conceal pores. I have oily skin and this kept my face shine free for about 12 hours. I apply it with a fan brush or a kabuki. The packaging is also pretty good for a loose powder but can be messy if you pour to much powder. I will definitely repurchase when I run out!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2013 10:14:00 AM More reviews by vmarines

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I LOVE this powder! This is the best translucent powder!!! I use this over my Mac face and body & make up forever hd! Face and body alone makes me look shiney, but I apply this with my elf flat top powder brush and my skins looks airbrushed. I spritz some Mac fix + and I'm good to go!!! I will definitely buy this again and again and again. I was considering giving it a 4 for packaging but what can I expect. I could have easily purchased the compaq form, but I didn't, so I won't dock it for my mistake! Great powder!!! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 12/12/2013 8:23:00 AM More reviews by paleseptember

I really like this as a setting powder for mattifying the T-zone but keeping the skin natural-looking. I've had mine for over a year and think I will have to repurchase shortly - my only gripe is that I can't see how much product is left due to the opaque packaging! I'd recommend this product for someone who has normal to combination skin. I think it might feel uncomfortable on dry skin (I prefer how it looks after a couple of hours rather than immediately afterwards) and I think there are longer lasting powders on the market for oily skin (I still have to touch up a couple of times a day). I do however really enjoy the effect this powder gives when paired with liquid foundation.