November 28, 2014 | 1879 users online

Treatments - Desitin Ointment

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2014 1:04:00 PM More reviews by katexoxo8

I had acne that I couldn't get rid of along my jaw line and on my neck for a couple of weeks. I used this product once and it was almost completely gone over night! This is the first product I've had that has actually worked!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2013 4:41:00 AM More reviews by Natalieeekbye

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Updattteeee!!! (02/12/2014) I have been using this since.... Well my last post was in November. And my face is acne free!!! I've been using this as an overnight spot treatment and my acne has cured!!! Mind you I didn't have small pimples here or there. I had BAD BAD cystic, holistic, nodules, whiteheads, painful congestion on my cheeks and neck, and now they're 99% gone! I have one giant cyst left on my neck that's going away (gross TMI), but I'm confident that it will go away. I haven't had flaring since. It all went away so fast, and it's all thanks to the Desitin 13% zinc oxide. I also used calamine lotion 8% zinc oxide during the day as a primer to help control oil and it's worked. For my white heads, I use apple cider vinegar as a toner. It's amazing and I'm 100% confident that it will work for you too!! I made a YouTube video about it you can find it if you search "a cure for acne diaper rash cream" on YouTube.com. My name is Natalie and it's under "Natalie's beauty secrets". Do it! It will change your life! I've CURED my acne!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2013 3:26:00 AM More reviews by Sunnydelite62901

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I have the all purpose ointment it's clear. It's great when I over do it with exfoliating or to many AHA's on my face this soothes it, when the area around my undereye is dry I put this, scrapes, light burns from cooking or the curling iron, this works. love it keep a tube always by my bed side.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2013 9:47:00 PM More reviews by Rocklover

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

My review is for Desitin Maximum Strength Original Paste, designed to treat nappy rash. I have been using this as a spot treatment for pimples, and I have never found anything more effective.

I apply Desitin to pimples (or potential pimples) before bed and when I wake in the morning, the pimple has reduced in redness, flattened out and almost disappeared. It's like magic! Apply again and the next day it's virtually disappeared. I also wear this (on spots) under makeup occasionally as it tones down redness and continues to treat the problem during the day.

It's a thick, white paste that looks like a very thick sunscreen when applied. The white colour is due to the fact it is 40% zinc oxide - the highest concentration I could find in Australia. Zinc oxide is the active component that helps calm down rashes - and also pimples! It also has sun filtering properties FYI. The other main component is cod liver oil....which unfortunately gives this a STRONG fish smell. Not ideal for a product you're using on your face....but this works SO WELL that I force myself to overcome the disgusting odour.

The tube is huge, so a little goes a long way....I can't see myself running out anytime soon but I would repurchase. Hopefully Desitin will have changed the oil base by then to something a little friendlier on the nose!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2013 9:23:00 AM More reviews by melanieRD

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've been using the generic %40 zinc oxide on my FACE. I saw a review online saying it cleared up acne and made years old scars lighter! Now I started using it towards the end of my cycle when my skin is really nasty and had countless cystic popped you and under my skin. it's been three weeks amid I only have a few places now, hardly noticeable. the test starts when my cycle starts. I have the most God awful hormonal breakouts.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2013 1:18:00 PM More reviews by Hautemommy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I received a basket of baby products that expire a few months before my baby is due so I decided to google other uses for them. I fell onto a mass amount of reviews for Desitin as an acne healer. Butt paste for the face? Yes, I'll try it.

It worked!!!! Because some pimples were kinda large - so much so I took to a needle - it did take me a few days. But on the little ones, they were GONE in one night. Only advice is not to use a boatload all over your face because it does smell.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/25/2011 9:21:00 PM More reviews by rambow

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This worked wonders on an annoying rash I had on my neck for several days that would not go away. It's very stiff and pasty, and since it's got cod liver oil, it smells somewhat fishy, but it works, esp. if you leave it on overnight. There is at least one other 40% zinc cream in the store that I may try instead, since it has a petrolatum base instead of cod liver oil.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2010 12:02:00 PM More reviews by Maliktai

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I woke up one day with really dry, chapped and somewhat swollen lips. I am unsure if it was a new toothpaste or if I was getting a Retinol product on them or what. I tried Vaseline to no avail. I started searching around the Web and saw that someone tried zinc oxide. I bought a tube of Desitin and after one night, saw much improvement. It has been three days now and my lips are almost back to normal. Who knew!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2009 7:55:00 PM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product works well on ragged dry cuticles. Normally I only use hand lotion, but sometimes you've gotta bring out the big guns. Cuticle oils never seem to stay on my skin, but this stuff does. Plus if you have a baby already, you don't need to buy anything.