Desitin Ointment

4.8

on 3/25/2015 4:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I suffer from perioral dematitis which was due to overuse of topical steroid cream (hydrocortione of 1%) I wasn't aware of the harmful side effects it'd induce, unfortunately!

I found out that a diaper rash cream high in zinc oxide clear perioral dermatitis, so I purchased the Desitin in the maximum strength (consisting of 40% zinc oxide) from amazon, was really expensive as it added up to about 30 altogether including shipping,

So I decided to give it a go... Put a layer on top of my perioral dermatitis and by the next morning it all dried up, I exfoliated and applied shea butter.. & my God! the difference was amazing... I used it again second time round during the night time, and in the morning I exfoliated my skin with a hot fibre cloth, and it was gone! just like that. I was so impressed! Zinc oxide is a miracle send from God :D

The price is so totally worth it! & I wouldn't need to purchase it again anyway for perioral dermatitis as I bought the tub and it is massive; it will probably last me for however long I need it for (Until the cortisone withdrawal subsides).

I also use this for any pimples I get... I apply Burts Bees Res-Q ointment, alongside tea tree oil and a dab of apple cider vinegar, and finally the Desitin (Do this just before I hit the sack) and the pimple is usually gone or dramatically decreased in size! (I have pictures of the products on "my picture" gallery, so check it out.)

on 3/9/2015 2:35:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I bought the Desitin Maximum Strength ointment, not for diaper rash, but for an extremely frustrating problem with razor bumps. Every time I shaved or my underwear rubbed against my thighs, my skin became raw and irritated, with rash like pimples joyfully popping up everywhere. Sick and tired of looking at the irritated bumps day after day, I purchased this after reading its merits on the internet. Let me tell you, after two hours, the redness went away and the bumps disappeared into oblivion. I can now shave without dreading the outcome.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I had stubborn adult acne out of the blue and tried everything over the counter nearly. i remembered a foundation that I used to use that made my skin really smooth and I found out it had zinc oxide in it. my mom told me that desitin had zinc oxide in it, so I bought a tube thinking it wouldn't do anything. I put a dab on and within minutes the swelling went down and redness faded. Desitin pretty much wiped out any pimples I had. I still can't believe it....its so inexpensive and accessible.

on 6/26/2014 1:04:00 PM

I had acne that I couldn't get rid of along my jaw line and on my neck for a couple of weeks. I used this product once and it was almost completely gone over night! This is the first product I've had that has actually worked!

on 11/16/2013 4:41:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Updattteeee!!! (02/12/2014) I have been using this since.... Well my last post was in November. And my face is acne free!!! I've been using this as an overnight spot treatment and my acne has cured!!! Mind you I didn't have small pimples here or there. I had BAD BAD cystic, holistic, nodules, whiteheads, painful congestion on my cheeks and neck, and now they're 99% gone! I have one giant cyst left on my neck that's going away (gross TMI), but I'm confident that it will go away. I haven't had flaring since. It all went away so fast, and it's all thanks to the Desitin 13% zinc oxide. I also used calamine lotion 8% zinc oxide during the day as a primer to help control oil and it's worked. For my white heads, I use apple cider vinegar as a toner. It's amazing and I'm 100% confident that it will work for you too!! I made a YouTube video about it you can find it if you search "a cure for acne diaper rash cream" on YouTube.com. My name is Natalie and it's under "Natalie's beauty secrets". Do it! It will change your life! I've CURED my acne!!!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

I have the all purpose ointment it's clear. It's great when I over do it with exfoliating or to many AHA's on my face this soothes it, when the area around my undereye is dry I put this, scrapes, light burns from cooking or the curling iron, this works. love it keep a tube always by my bed side.

on 9/9/2013 9:47:00 PM

My review is for Desitin Maximum Strength Original Paste, designed to treat nappy rash. I have been using this as a spot treatment for pimples, and I have never found anything more effective.

I apply Desitin to pimples (or potential pimples) before bed and when I wake in the morning, the pimple has reduced in redness, flattened out and almost disappeared. It's like magic! Apply again and the next day it's virtually disappeared. I also wear this (on spots) under makeup occasionally as it tones down redness and continues to treat the problem during the day.

It's a thick, white paste that looks like a very thick sunscreen when applied. The white colour is due to the fact it is 40% zinc oxide - the highest concentration I could find in Australia. Zinc oxide is the active component that helps calm down rashes - and also pimples! It also has sun filtering properties FYI. The other main component is cod liver oil....which unfortunately gives this a STRONG fish smell. Not ideal for a product you're using on your face....but this works SO WELL that I force myself to overcome the disgusting odour.

The tube is huge, so a little goes a long way....I can't see myself running out anytime soon but I would repurchase. Hopefully Desitin will have changed the oil base by then to something a little friendlier on the nose!

on 8/1/2013 9:23:00 AM

I've been using the generic %40 zinc oxide on my FACE. I saw a review online saying it cleared up acne and made years old scars lighter! Now I started using it towards the end of my cycle when my skin is really nasty and had countless cystic popped you and under my skin. it's been three weeks amid I only have a few places now, hardly noticeable. the test starts when my cycle starts. I have the most God awful hormonal breakouts.

on 6/5/2013 1:18:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I received a basket of baby products that expire a few months before my baby is due so I decided to google other uses for them. I fell onto a mass amount of reviews for Desitin as an acne healer. Butt paste for the face? Yes, I'll try it.

It worked!!!! Because some pimples were kinda large - so much so I took to a needle - it did take me a few days. But on the little ones, they were GONE in one night. Only advice is not to use a boatload all over your face because it does smell.

on 6/25/2011 9:21:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This worked wonders on an annoying rash I had on my neck for several days that would not go away. It's very stiff and pasty, and since it's got cod liver oil, it smells somewhat fishy, but it works, esp. if you leave it on overnight. There is at least one other 40% zinc cream in the store that I may try instead, since it has a petrolatum base instead of cod liver oil.

Popular Treatments