November 28, 2014 | 880 users online

Treatments - Onyx Professional 3-2-1 Dry! Salon Nail Dryer

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 6/5/2012 9:24:00 PM More reviews by Spooki404

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

It doesn't improve dry time enough to make it worth while. I get better results from other products that don't stink like hell.

I used it exactly according to the instructions, it doesn't really say how much to spray on each nail so maybe I just haven't found the right amount. I found it only dried my nails maybe 10% faster than just air drying, definitely not "3-2-1 dry". It still was about 30-40 minutes before they were totally dry (as it not going to get dents).

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2012 6:58:00 PM More reviews by Girby

Love this stuff! It really helps my polish dry so much quicker... The only downside is the smell. Still totally worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2012 7:45:00 PM More reviews by Appleamy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this on a whim and it turned out great!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2011 1:44:00 AM More reviews by takemenow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I wish I would have purchased this stuff years ago when I first saw it at Walmart. Anyways, this stuff really does work. It won't work if not used correctly though (more on this after my actual review).

Overall Rating 5/5: It really does work but the smell is strong. I really don't mind it too much but I receive many complaints from my room mates when I use it. I've learned to just use it right at the window.

Price 3/5: I bought this at London Drugs for $4.99. I think it's kinda expensive, I don't know, maybe I am just cheap. I did see this at Walmart for around $2.99 and I think I will repurchase from there instead.

Packaging Quality 5/5: It looks nice and the aerosol spray can distributes the product in even bursts.

Buy Again: Yes I cannot imagine doing my nails without it.

HOW TO USE PROPERLY: After each coat of polish, spray each nail individually from 6-8 inches away. Spray too close and you will get little bubbles in your polish, spray too far away and you won't be concentrating enough on your nail and it won't work. After you are done each nail, stick your fingers into ice cold water for 60 seconds. Repeat for each coat of nail polish.

This method works for me every time! My nails are pretty much completely dry and I can go about my day. =)

rated 1 of 5 on 4/7/2011 4:44:00 AM More reviews by blemers

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I feel like this was a complete waste of money, but looking at other reviews I have to wonder if maybe I'm just using it wrong. I bought this to use it with Sinful Colors nail polish because they take forever to dry, but it doesn't seem to do anything but make my polish tacky. I've tried spraying at different distances, using more spray, using less spray, but always the same outcome. If I use too much it even alters the appearance of the polish and takes away the shine and the smell! Don't get me started on the smell. It smells overbearingly of baby powder so if you use it, make sure you use it outside or in a very well ventilated area. Maybe it works better with other brands of polish? I'm not sure, but for now I think I'll stick with my quick drying top coats and drops.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/10/2011 1:10:00 AM More reviews by voodoochick

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

It works!. I can say that it definitely helps with the smudging part cuz I'm a klutz the minute i get polish on for some reason anyhoo I think it helps the drying time albeit not by leaps and bounds but good enough for me.

The only thing I dislike is the scent...baby powder...ugghhh but it dissipates quickly enough. Would repurchase for sure.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/29/2010 6:23:00 PM More reviews by pimkie33

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Kinky, Other Eyes: Brown

I actually like the product. I polish my nails twice a week and this has definiteily helped my nails dry alot faster. This is a big plus because i hate waiting for my nails to dry. I did notice that my nails do seem kind of dull after I use it though. I bought a new nail polish by china glaze last week and i noticed that it was a lil dull when i sprayed it. I dont mind the smell actually. i like the smell of baby powder. When I spray my nails I wait a couple of mins and I go over with Sally Hansen mirror top coat and I'm good to go. I will defnitely continue to buy.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/8/2010 7:34:00 PM More reviews by aquariusgirl1984

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

i cannot stand the smell of this, annoying baby powder, ugh! but other than that it gets the job done for the most part

rated 3 of 5 on 7/6/2010 8:12:00 PM More reviews by jadestar12345

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

i dont wanna buy this again for the simple fact of the ingredients.everytime i spray this i thinking im inhaleing butane and propane and the smell OMG is horrible.like others have said SUPER STRONG BABY POWDER.yuck...it dries fast but its like you have to put alot so that it would stay dry.

i put this on my nails and waited 2 mins.it was dry to the touch but...then i went to wash my hands(my palms touched something sticky)then when i dried my hands with a towel all my polish smudged.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2010 9:06:00 PM More reviews by devabrooks

This is a great product. I had my doubts but for the price, what could i be losing? This really does help dry my nail polish faster, but i hate the smell! i can't stand baby powder scented products, yuck. Also this tends to leave a residue on nails, but it comes off when you wash your hands