December 19, 2014 | 1415 users online

Loose Powders - Make Up For Ever - HD High Definition Microfinish Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2014 10:35:00 PM More reviews by asideofladies

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This stuff is MAGIC. Sets my makeup nicely and keeps my face looking fresh all day, no matter how oily or sweaty I feel! I used it for the first time in the middle of a summer convention, when I usually have to blot the crap out of my face, but this stopped me from looking oily and gross! The only thing I find is the packaging makes it hard to use in moderation, I always end up with too much on my brush.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2014 8:15:00 PM More reviews by nekkun

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This stuff is great. Kinda expensive, but the fine-milled silica does make a difference. I never thought to write a review because this is such a staple. I use it to set sunscreen and foundation so my face isn't oily, or to dust my t-zone when it's not cooperating and is an oil slick. Kinda blurs out imperfections but in a very soft-touch, forgiving way. No, your makeup won't look photoshopped, but your skin will look nicer overall. I don't take pictures with flash so I don't know if the whole ghost face thing is true! :P

Oh, and I've had this for like, 2 years and am just getting down to the last bit. Good value!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2014 9:20:00 AM More reviews by sewdope

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

I completely forgot that I had this product in my makeup case. I just started using it again along with Sephora Anti-Shine Primer and I'm in love again! Because the powder is so white and can make my brown skin look ashy and dull, I put a bit on my brush and then mix it with my regular Bronze/Brown pressed powder for a perfect matte finish. I highly recommend this product if your face turns into an oil slick within minutes after applying make up. I can get a good 3-4 hours before I need to blot my face. Thumbs up!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2014 7:54:00 PM More reviews by unicornlover

I dare say I am SHOCKED at the 66% rating on Makeup Alley! I totally thought this would be a HG for so many (it is a new HG for me).

So, you know how at Sephora you get "points" for every dollar you spend and then you can get little samples with the points? Well, one day the sample was this stuff so I got some.

What a smart move by Make Up Forever, because this is the kind of product that sells itself. It's like crack...give a makeup addict a taste and they will be back for more!

And I was! Before the whole sample was gone I ordered the big container and have loved it ever since. You only need a little and it sets your face and gives you a lovely matte finish.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/23/2014 8:28:00 PM More reviews by racheslor

Before I begin with my review, let me just list the pros and cons of this product

Pros:
-versatile (I'll explain this down a little moreE)
-not cakey looking at all!
-does make skin look smoother and more poreless
-doesn't break me out
-improved container (there's a little stub on the top now that makes the powder less likely to fall everywhere when you open it)

Cons:
-price (damn, like 40 dollars a jar)
-highlights flakey/dry skin
-messy

I really REALLY like this product because it absorbs oil really well and does make my skin look a lot smoother. Not only that, but it's versatile. By versatility I mean, I put it under my eyes and dab a little bit on my mascara so it doesn't give me that panda rim LOL (I'm quite oil at times). It also works really well on lips if you want a matte lip but don't have a matte lipstick!

That being said, this powder DOES highlight flakey skin. Make sure you exfoliate everyday if using this. Despite that improved packaging, it's still very messy to use. As soon as I open/close the jar, tons of powder fall everywhere (perhaps it's inevitable?).

Overall, I do like this product a lot and would buy it again. The price, however, hurts me and my wallet deeply.

Thanks for reading! (:

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2014 3:51:00 PM More reviews by liz48170

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have a very small jar of this (GWP) and keep refilling it with a larger full sized jar. It makes my make up bag simple and smalll.

I barely use any powder, and have dry skin. I find I need to set my concealer, and dust over my cheeks before I use blush.

I use the same brush for blush as I do this powder, as it is a transparent product and you only need a tad to press into your skin.

I really prefer this to the huge powders / discs that I see elsewhere, it is much lighter, brightens, smaller (with my small jar), and as it is transparent I can use the same blush brush for powder application

My goal is LESS is MORE in my cosmetic bag so anytime I can use a small jar or use one brush for 2 products, that makes it a great purchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/17/2014 2:44:00 PM More reviews by amitayumi

i would say i love this product for daily used. .but not for special occasion where i have to take pictures..coz it does effect the pictures :(( my face look so white in some part and some part dark. .just horrible. ..i dont recommend this product for you who want to take picture esp with the blitz

rated 3 of 5 on 10/13/2014 1:53:00 PM More reviews by emandemsinalamb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

So I'm going to have to be a downer here and give this a so-so review, despite its massive popularity (which I really do understand---this product is perfect for a certain skin type...just not mine).

About me: I have quite fair, dry skin.

Pros:
- Controls oil pretty well. (Or it would, if I had any to speak of.)
- Despite its white colour, it doesn't actually look white on the skin, although I imagine it might appear whiter on someone who isn't already as white as me.
- Very finely-milled.

Cons:
- Very expensive, at $39 CAD, for what amounts to a pot of finely-milled silica (which is indeed the only ingredient in this powder). e.l.f. has a similar powder for $6.
- May show up very white on deep skintones.
- It's not suitable for dry skin, and will cling to and enhance the appearance of dry patches. It's a very dry powder, by virtue of being pure silica.

It wasn't an awful product by any means! And I can see why others love it. It just wasn't for me and my needs. If you have dry skin, you may want to skip this; however, if you have oily or combo skin, you may love this.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/9/2014 2:30:00 PM More reviews by Ambercarr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This breaks me out in painful pimples and doesn't control shine for very long. However I do use it on models and it photographs well. I'll finish the tub, but I won't repurchase. I prefer dermablend translucent loose powder to this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2014 6:57:00 PM More reviews by VegetaFanGirl

This is an excellent powder! I bought this because I was curious about what a finishing powder could do, but I didn't know how to use it. While I was away for the summer, I ran out of powder, and I wasn't able to go out and buy a replacement for my normal one; so, I decided to put this HD powder to the test. I was not disappointed at all.
The powder itself is white, but it does not cast any white tint onto your face, even when I had to use my darker foundations. It applies clear, and blends flawlessly. Its texture is very fine and smooth, and it gives skin a velvety feel; this must be the "finishing" aspect of this product.
I was really surprised at how mattifying this powder is! Even for my most dewy foundations, the HD powder mattified with ease and actually kept my skin matte for much longer than regular face powders! You can get a solid 8 hours of shine control out of this product without reapplying. I absolutely love it!
My only real issue with this product is the packaging. It's a loose powder in a very classy little container, but the mesh through which the powder comes out is very closely woven. So, it can get difficult to get the powder to come out, especially since it's so velvety, it tends to bind together like flour. If the mesh was slightly wider, then it would be a lot more convenient to dispense the powder.
Also, its price tag carries some weight. You can get a full-size powder for $34, or a slightly smaller one for $19. I got the cheaper one, and it lasted me for a solid 2 months. I definitely recommend this product!